Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shots fired

2»

Comments

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Paul is not wrong. But that doesn't mean the Stone aren't kick ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEuV82GqQnE
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dflea said:

So what's Paul looking to do here? Does he think he needs to tell everyone what The Rolling Stones were/are?

'Blues cover band' seems pretty harsh to me. I think Keith should go knock the piss out of Paul, frankly.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I love both bands.

Paul and any other Beatle would skull fuck Keith or any other rolling stone un a fight though. The Beatles were softer musically, but were ll blue collar kids who were no strangers to fighting. They became a band playing in rowdy joints in Hamburg, where fights on and off stage were commonplace. I remember reading one specific story about Paul and Stu Sutcliff getting into it on stage at a show. Paul best the shit out of him before they could be restrained.

The Stones gritty edge was manufactured. They were spoiled art school kids. Pussies.
    I actually did not know that about the Stones

My problem if you can call it a problem is over saturation with all of them

It is very hard for a 60's song to be on my digital collection. They were so huge that FM played them into the 80's and I got burned out

Except for Neil Young and selections from the Who and Zeppelin

I watched the Ed Sullivan Beatles show when it happened and my older sister got all the albums and we had one stereo so I played them too
    I don't judge your take on the Beatles. Hell, even Old Yeller has had a Beatles burnout phase and a Zep one too.

Being able to listen to a lot of this material on a high fi system helps to keep it fresh and interesting to me. I rarely listen to them on Spotify however which is my M.O. for the car or working out. Too much other great music to be exploring.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    Same here. Paul had a couple of decent and a bunch of really shitty songs as a post Beatle. John was erratic and not very prolific but recorded some of his best songs as a solo artist.

It's more even when they were Beatles, but McCartney fagged out way too much and it obscures his better work a bit.

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

dflea said:

So what's Paul looking to do here? Does he think he needs to tell everyone what The Rolling Stones were/are?

'Blues cover band' seems pretty harsh to me. I think Keith should go knock the piss out of Paul, frankly.

Paul and any other Beatle would skull fuck Keith or any other rolling stone un a fight though. The Beatles were softer musically, but were ll blue collar kids who were no strangers to fighting. They became a band playing in rowdy joints in Hamburg, where fights on and off stage were commonplace. I remember reading one specific story about Paul and Stu Sutcliff getting into it on stage at a show. Paul best the shit out of him before they could be restrained.

The Stones gritty edge was manufactured. They were spoiled art school kids. Pussies.
    I was mocking - but I'm pretty sure the most likely outcome would be one of them falling down on the front steps and getting a broken hip and the other one not even being able to find the 7-11 they agreed to meet up at.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

chuck said:

dflea said:

I was mocking - but I'm pretty sure the most likely outcome would be one of them falling down on the front steps and getting a broken hip and the other one not even being able to find the 7-11 they agreed to meet up at.
    Yeah I know but I felt like sharing that bit of lesser known info about them. I hated 80s music and was obsessed with 60s classic rock in HS. Even wrote my massive junior English research paper on the Beatles and how they influenced the evolution of rock.