Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Did you give up your season tickets in the past few years

Comments

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,090
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gave up mine about 6 years back. When you lose the band member, you lose the nation.
  • Urbans_fingerUrbans_finger Member Posts: 3
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic First Comment
    Got rid of mine after 2019. Too much of a shit show bringing my 3 kids. Had been thinking about it for a few years though and now I’m very happy I’m not paying to see them play. Would love to renew once they are fun to watch though. Fingers crossed
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,256
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Had season tickets for close to 20yrs, gave them up in '05. Live too far away now, but would probably go in with some buddies and share tickets if the product was worth a shit....
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,730
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I still have mine but I have premium stall access as a result. Little perk Jen threw my way.

Also I have no life.

yvbfe
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I don’t specifically remember if I dropped them after suddenly senior day or come from ahead loss to Hawaii. Was that the same season?
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    godawgst said:

Had them since 07, and if it wasn't for the fact I met one of my best friends who happened to be sitting next to me and is as hardcore fan as I was (we always say the odds of that happening were astronomical) who got his tickets the same year we did, along with a two other people sitting below us that we tailgate with, went to the PAC-12 CCG/Rose Bowl with, etc that I would be more inclined at this point to turn them in and just cherry pick the ones I want to go to on the 2ndary market.

Nostalgically, seeing how empty the stadium is most Saturdays is sad and depressing. I have likened it to working at the old GM on a factory assembly line for 40 years before it went bankrupt in 2008 and going thru 2003-2007 seeing it was inevitable what was going to happen.

I am that 40 year guy w/ Husky Football. I have ran out of hope we can consistently be anything more than a jag team in a jag conference. CP gave me hope, but he left 4 years earlier than I thought he would b/c of burnout.

I went to the Michigan game, and would 10000% rather take my money I spend on season tickets, parking, game day, etc and go watch a Red River, Iron Bowl, LSU night game, Penn State White Out, Michigan/Ohio State, etc and experience that atmosphere than the "Greatest Setting" where half the stadium dresses as empty seats 3 out of every 4 games five minutes before kick off.

And here's the kicker to all this. I PRAY PRAY PRAY we have been on the phone with the Big-10 to get a seat at their table when they eventually expand to 16 or 18 teams (which is inevitable). The good news is b/c of media market and University Reputation, I think we do. Bad news is once it happens as it pertains to the football arms race in that conference, I have no belief our AD or Univ. Administration (or even our serious fan base as there's simply not enough of us left) has the conviction or stones to try and compete, so our ceiling at best becomes 2/3 under Wolverines/Ohio State/Penn State/Wisconsin/SC (assuming they join unless they go indy) along with Iowa, Michigan State, Nebraska, etc.

In the end, it feels like we have become the Minnesota of CFB on the west coast......

I think I’d be happy to be Minnesota at this point. He hasn’t been what they expected but P.J. Fleck was a hot commodity when they brought him in. They’re still trying.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,798
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I still have mine but I have premium stall access as a result. Little perk Jen threw my way.

Also I have no life.

Is that a row boat paddle ?
    Shouldn’t you be telling us instead of asking us?
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,057
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Never had season tickets. Want to every single game as a student, then left to learn how to blow up Baze and his people. I'd catch a game here and there during the War on Terror if I was in town, but since Ty and Sark were there that actually seemed worse than the terrorists I was fighting in Iraq. Now I no longer care at all. Watched one game this year. Montana. Laughed the entire 4th quarter. Haven't watched since.

Chinned for killing of the nomads of Tatooine.

That must have been a lot of M80's.