Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Did you give up your season tickets in the past few years

124»

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,356
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Never had 'em. Right as I got to the stage in life where I had money to burn, they started playing three home games against East Overshoe Polytechnic. I'm not cheap, but I'm extremely principled when it comes to being ripped off. No way I'm paying for season tickets so I can sit in shitty seats and maybe only three or four games per year are at all intriguing.

My plan, until this year, was to pick up tickets to whichever FCS doormat the squaad opens against (this was before the mighty Huskies lost to these sort of teams...) for basically free and sit in great seats and watch an ass-kicking. The kids didn't know any better, so it was a cheap way for them to get into it, guaranteed win, daytime game in early September (decent chance of good weather), etc. Then I would spend the cost of season tickets on REALLY good (and covered) seats to the one or two games that really mattered for myself and the beard/friend/Dad/etc. 81% of the Tim, these games were losses, but '16 Stanford was fun...

Watching the four-game abortion last year left me zero desire to spend a penny in '21, a decision that was rewarded by the first game of the season, as the kids and I were having a kickass time camping and riding in Shelton, completely unaware that the Dawgs were becoming that week's college football punchline. I don't know if a complete gutting of the AD, with installation of competent staff, would even get me back in the stands this year. There's not really any reason to be proud of being a Washington fan anymore. They play a pathetic non-conference schedule, the roster is just as full of transfer portal mercenaries as Oregon State or the Coug, etc.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I kept them as long as I did because it was what my mom and I did together since 1973

By 07 she sometimes forgot there was a game.

Kind of used that. Never actually told her and by 08 she didn't ask

This is where I'm at. Dad is a hopeless Doog season ticket holder and I'm supposed to be taking it over soon.

They are great seats and were easy to sell online during the Pete era if we couldn't go, but now the bottom has really fallen out.

If there was a waiting list I'd feel some pressure, but I think I have him half convinced to stop paying all the tyee shit and I'll just pick them up on a per game basis from here on out.

We'll still go to the yearly Bay area game and watch us lose in front of dozens of people.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if my dad did the same. He gave up the basketball tickets because nobody wants to go to a shitty, meaningless game at 8 pm.

My dad tried to give me and other family members the tickets to the last couple games and I don’t think anyone had any excitement to go.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,782
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I gave up season tickets in 2016. But I single buy to most games unless I'm worn out on hotel+travel just to watch us eat Chips ass in the 4th quarter.

After Cal I walked around and around just to find one bar open after 11pm. Seattle is the No Fun Zone.