Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lake's press conference -- looks like a deer in the headlights

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    How does one hire someone like this that is so clueless?

If you yourself are clueless, how do you not have the awareness to hire smart people?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,600 Standard Supporter
    You can take the boy out of Felony Flats....

• gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    why is he smiling so much? (I mean besides his bank account.)

he almost seems happy, watching the first few minutes of that.

Ok, when he just said the conference feels like the National Football League I had to turn it the fuck off.....
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I like all my RBs …

Translation … I’ll be damned if I publicly admit that we got the depth chart epically wrong
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    gmo said:

Ok, when he just said the conference feels like the National Football League I had to turn it the fuck off.....

That is Hilarious....

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club

gmo said:

That is Hilarious....

That's the most most unaware clownish thing I've heard someone say in ages
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    I've never felt that he really wanted this job. I'm sure he's happy with his paycheck and is likely already thinking about his next gig
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    Can someone make a clown pick of Jimmy “Puddles the Clown” similar to this JonDon masterpiece?

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I've never felt that he really wanted this job. I'm sure he's happy with his paycheck and is likely already thinking about his next gig

Dude is definitely going to be a career DC, the HC is not for him
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,542 Founders Club

I watched part of it. I don't agree he looks like a deer in headlights at all. But him saying he's proud of his guys, fuck that nonsense. That's part of the problem right there. You just lost to Oregon State for crissakes Jimmy.

I hate to make a Don James reference, but when I was writing Husky Football in the Don James Era, I spent countless hours at Suzzallo researching microfilm of Seattle Times and Seattle P-I articles. I burst out laughing when I found a Don James quote after Washington beat ASU 31-7 on the road. He said he was disappointed in how they played and something like if they kept playing like that they were going to get beat several times during the season.

You don't praise your team after losing to Oregon State. Fuck.

I remember him criticizing a blowout win over Pacific in the 80s. It stuck with me as a little kid.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club

I watched part of it. I don't agree he looks like a deer in headlights at all. But him saying he's proud of his guys, fuck that nonsense. That's part of the problem right there. You just lost to Oregon State for crissakes Jimmy.

I hate to make a Don James reference, but when I was writing Husky Football in the Don James Era, I spent countless hours at Suzzallo researching microfilm of Seattle Times and Seattle P-I articles. I burst out laughing when I found a Don James quote after Washington beat ASU 31-7 on the road. He said he was disappointed in how they played and something like if they kept playing like that they were going to get beat several times during the season.

I remember him criticizing a blowout win over Pacific in the 80s. It stuck with me as a little kid.
    I'm going off memory, but I think we beat Pacific 34-14 in 1981 and 31-3 in 1992. He was unhappy both times.

I'm going off memory, but I think we beat Pacific 34-14 in 1981 and 31-3 in 1992. He was unhappy both times.
    Just looked it up, the 1992 score was actually 31-7
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,542 Founders Club

It was '87. I was in third grade. My friend was wondering why he was upset. I was still mad that aTm skull fucked us the week before. I was no doog, even then.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I think Jimmy wanted the UW job thinking he’d be able to parlay this job into something bigger and better