Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lake's press conference -- looks like a deer in the headlights

2»

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2021
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

I've never felt that he really wanted this job. I'm sure he's happy with his paycheck and is likely already thinking about his next gig

Dude is definitely going to be a career DC, the HC is not for him
    What makes you think he’s a good enough DC to make it a career?
    He very well could figure it out as a dc. At one point he did a great job with the secondary. Then he started believing his own bs and he was smarter than everyone. That’s when he sucked. He will be humbled by this. Or not and just retire with a pile of money collecting from his buyout.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,941 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

I've never felt that he really wanted this job. I'm sure he's happy with his paycheck and is likely already thinking about his next gig

Dude is definitely going to be a career DC, the HC is not for him
    What makes you think he’s a good enough DC to make it a career?
    He very well could figure it out as a dc. At one point he did a great job with the secondary. Then he started believing his own bs and he was smarter than everyone. That’s when he sucked. He will be humbled by this. Or not and just retire with a pile of money collecting from his buyout.
    I think Lake is too stubborn and arrogant to succeed long term as a DC either. The defense as he's running it has been exposed. I dont see any adjustments. I didn't see any when he was the DC either. It continued to succeed most of the time because opposing coaches are very stupid then. They're smarter now.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club

I watched part of it. I don't agree he looks like a deer in headlights at all. But him saying he's proud of his guys, fuck that nonsense. That's part of the problem right there. You just lost to Oregon State for crissakes Jimmy.

I hate to make a Don James reference, but when I was writing Husky Football in the Don James Era, I spent countless hours at Suzzallo researching microfilm of Seattle Times and Seattle P-I articles. I burst out laughing when I found a Don James quote after Washington beat ASU 31-7 on the road. He said he was disappointed in how they played and something like if they kept playing like that they were going to get beat several times during the season.

You don't praise your team after losing to Oregon State. Fuck.

I remember him criticizing a blowout win over Pacific in the 80s. It stuck with me as a little kid.
    I'm going off memory, but I think we beat Pacific 34-14 in 1981 and 31-3 in 1992. He was unhappy both times.
    It was '87. I was in third grade. My friend was wondering why he was upset. I was still mad that aTm skull fucked us the week before. I was no doog, even then.
    Ah, I just looked it up. 31-3 in 1987, 31-7 in 1992.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club

I watched part of it. I don't agree he looks like a deer in headlights at all. But him saying he's proud of his guys, fuck that nonsense. That's part of the problem right there. You just lost to Oregon State for crissakes Jimmy.

I hate to make a Don James reference, but when I was writing Husky Football in the Don James Era, I spent countless hours at Suzzallo researching microfilm of Seattle Times and Seattle P-I articles. I burst out laughing when I found a Don James quote after Washington beat ASU 31-7 on the road. He said he was disappointed in how they played and something like if they kept playing like that they were going to get beat several times during the season.

You don't praise your team after losing to Oregon State. Fuck.

The problem with PAC 12 coaches is they all talk about losing to other PAC 12 teams as if it's comparable to losing to a team in the SEC. He talks about Oregon St. like they're fuckin' LSU and like they haven't been bottom 2 or 3 recruiting-wise in the P12/COUNTRY for a decade. Like they haven't been the laughing stock of this conference for 10 damn years.

Peterson teams beat OSU and their merry band of shit recruits by an avg of 27 fucking points. Lake just let a guy UW fans basically chased from the program beat him. The Dawgs just lost to Tre'Shaun fucking Harrison. GET MAD ABOUT IT LAKE.

And worse, the media is still cupping the fuckers balls. Listened to Softy's post-game show last night and they're sure Jimmy Lake is the guy. Dick Fain is sure Dylan Morris is the QB that gives the Huskies the best chance to win. ARE YOU FUCKERS BLIND? Fuck 2021. Give the ball to Huard like the Dawgs did in 2015 with Jake Browning, and lets go for the future. You're losing recruits left and right.

OSU lost to a Purdue team that has avg'd 12 points a game in B10 play. 12. FUCK.
    Vorel isn't cupping anyone's balls, as you put it