Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Morris

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,797 Founders Club

I would be very happy if Huard starts, even if it goes poorly. It’s worth a shot. Morris is bad. I was wrong.

#metoo
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,359 Swaye's Wigwam
    If they start Huard it would have to be after they get him playing time in game
    Maybe come in against Arizona at the half and start against Furd?
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Should have put him in midway through the 3rd against Montana. Give Morris a "rest"
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam

Make a wish players don’t move like that. Westover is a make a wish player tho.

Westover is actually a freak athlete. He’s white tho, so nobody realizes he has one of the highest vert’s on the team and is the opposite of a try hard walk on. He is/was a raw athlete with size that hadn’t played much football.
    Totally agree with this one. The "try hard" label has been misused to the point where it's become blatantly racist. It only gets used on white players and is incorrectly applied whether they remotely fit the stereotype or not.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Damn was hoping wed get you guys at home this year
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,784

You keep focusing on athleticism, but nobody's ever disputed that. If DK Metcalf had a drop rate that Culp had going into this game, he wouldn't be in the NFL. Catching the ball is Priority One when your job is, you know, catching the ball. All the athleticism in the world matters fuck all if you can't. Before last night, Culp was a sad tale of wasted athleticism. Last night, he was King Shit of Turd Mountain. His athleticism had nothing to do with him either randomly catching the ball several times in a row or serendipitously figuring out how to get over his yips just in time for his first start. You can beat your chest for being accidentally right for the wrong reason or, like me, you can laugh at the absurdity of it.
    I don't want to make excuses for the drops but I bet he's over that. In 3 years w. the program he was targeted what, 7 times until last night? It's got to be pretty hard to get in a groove getting so few opportunities to catch passes. For some guys, until they get the chance to be an impact player, their mentality is less about making impact plays and more trying so hard not to fuck up that *surprise* they do.

The catch that impressed me the most last night was the 30 or so yard reception toward to the left sideline. He took a massive shot by a safety he didn't see coming pretty much right after he caught the ball and hung on. Most guys that ball is dislodged the second that hit comes.

We? Only care about those who kick ass in practice.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,359 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I don't think Huard is going to be great this year if he plays, but if you're scared to start him against Oregon State what even is the point
    I get that you want him to match his video game stats immediately but he's obviously a young player that will have more success being eased in after more practice. Our frustration with the offence doesn't make him magically ready for action
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Westover is actually a freak athlete. He’s white tho, so nobody realizes he has one of the highest vert’s on the team and is the opposite of a try hard walk on. He is/was a raw athlete with size that hadn’t played much football.

Yeah but I like coded racism.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

Canadawg said:

I don't think Huard is going to be great this year if he plays, but if you're scared to start him against Oregon State what even is the point
    We know what Morris is and isn't at this point. Given the state of the OL and the defense, and where the talent on the defense is trending due to recruiting, he isn't going to carry UW to a conference title in the next 2-3 years.

Keeping him as the starter for the rest of the season is Jimmy settling for mediocrity. Give Huard a shot
    NEsnake12 said:

Infuriating. He ended up running on this play:

That is a td with Eason, Browning, Price, Stanback, Locker, Pickett, Tui, and maybe even Paus and Lindquist!
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,931 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

3 possible wins on this schedule. It’ll be enough for Jimmy to feel some heat and fire JohnDon but not enough to fire Jimmy.

UW football is dead.
    One step at a time
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    Was never, will never be the answer at QB
    NEsnake12 said:

Every time Garners was flushed out of the pocket, he was looking downfield to either throw or run.

Every time Morris got flushed he was shitting his pants and desperately trying to throw it away. He had open receivers most of the time too… he just either has no awareness or is a pussy. Or both.

Can't chin enough. This comment is so dead on accurate. He's the best UW could do?
    NEsnake12 said:

Infuriating. He ended up running on this play:

My 14 year old is the QB on his HS team and saw this exact play and made the same comment. He kept saying, "I wish I had a fraction of the time he does to see the play."
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,797 Founders Club
    edited September 2021
    If UW goes 1-4 or 0-5 over the next stretch of games Morris is done. They will put in Huard at some point and then Jimmy can point to his lame duck OC and a true freshman QB for reasons to get a third year. I feel bad for Huard. If he stays at UW he will have had two offensive systems in two years. If Jimmy can’t find a way to right the ship in year 3 then Huard will have three systems in three years. UW finally gets a local 5* QB to stay home and they shit all over themselves and the kid. Typical.