Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Thought Watching Arkansas

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited September 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Arkansas hired Georgia’s OL coach before last season. He’s doing very well. Plungered Sark and is likely to beat A&M today.

I like the OL coach hire. Recruit the lines well, the teams won’t be soft. I think it’s easier to find a coordinator that can scheme a good offense than it is to ensure the team isn’t soft.

All coaching hired are gambles, but games are still won up front despite what you hear from coaches. Cristobal is doing very well at Oregon with the same formula Arkansas is using.

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam
    Their dline also looks unafraid to break a nail
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Their dline also looks unafraid to break a nail

Nails are pretty tuff though
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Arkansas hired Georgia’s OL coach before last season. He’s doing very well. Plungered Sark and is likely to beat A&M today.

I like the OL coach hire. Recruit the lines well, the teams won’t be soft. I think it’s easier to find a coordinator that can scheme a good offense than it is to ensure the team isn’t soft.

All coaching hired are gambles, but games are still won up front despite what you hear from coaches. Cristobal is doing very well at Oregon with the same formula Arkansas is using.

True. But Wisconsin looks awful offensively with this approach. Brett Bielma also sucks now. It’s all’s crapshoot. Just fire them when you know they’re not worth it. That’s the bigger key.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

True. But Wisconsin looks awful offensively with this approach. Brett Bielma also sucks now. It’s all’s crapshoot. Just fire them when you know they’re not worth it. That’s the bigger key.
    It is all crapshoot, but both Cristobal and Pittman can really recruit, they coached at elite programs, and they seem to make good hires.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,540 Standard Supporter
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

Disagree. They are somewhat poorly coached and the QB is bad, but they can run the ball and aren’t soft. That goes a long way in the PAC 12.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,973 Founders Club

dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

Disagree. They are somewhat poorly coached and the QB is bad, but they can run the ball and aren’t soft. That goes a longall the way in the PAC 12.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,540 Standard Supporter

dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

Disagree. They are somewhat poorly coached and the QB is bad, but they can run the ball and aren’t soft. That goes a long way in the PAC 12.
    The defense can't get off the field and the offense is completely pedestrian. If UW or UCLA or Stanford or fucking OSU were +5 in turnovers at home against UA they'd win by 50.
    dtd said:

dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

The defense can't get off the field and the offense is completely pedestrian. If UW or UCLA or Stanford or fucking OSU were +5 in turnovers at home against UA they'd win by 50.
    You seem to underestimate the ineptitude of our playcalling
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    Sources said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

Play calling was more than fine today. Had guys open all night. Morris is just god awful man

Sources said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

Play calling was more than fine today. Had guys open all night. Morris is just god awful man
    2 minutes left in the game. Run up the middle. Run up the middle. 3rd and 2 - 30 yard heave to a well covered receiver.

But yeah, "more than fine"
    edited September 2021
    Sources said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

2 minutes left in the game. Run up the middle. Run up the middle. 3rd and 2 - 30 yard heave to a well covered receiver.

If Morris throws a good ball on that fade to Jalen there it’s a walk in touchdown.

Sources said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

If Morris throws a good ball on that fade to Jalen there it’s a walk in touchdown.
    That doesn't mean it's the right call by any means. I agree that Morris sucks - his inability to see open receivers 10 yards from him is mindboggling. But let's not pretend the coaches do him any favors with the neverending RRP formula

Sources said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

And don't worry about rushing to reply. If you're running out of time, Jimmy will call timeout for you
    Sources said:

Sources said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

And don't worry about rushing to reply. If you're running out of time, Jimmy will call timeout for you
    Our coaches suck. Hot take
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club

He was my coach of the week after beating Sark. Posted Arkansas' record before he got there. 22 straight SEC losses

Just beat the 9 Million Dollar Man
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Oregon sucks.

You call the play that puts your players in a position to succeed. Anybody thinking that was a high-percentage pass from Morris needs to step into my office.

I'm starting to seriously wonder if the Husky staff isn't just reading Caple/Vorel/Hardcore Husky and doing whatever is suggested so that the fans aren't mad at them. People hate RTDB? Start throwing. Brock publicly blasts Donovan for not taking advantage of the college rules that make RPO easy? Funny, five days later we're watching an RPO offense. The whole internet loudly wondering why the best running back isn't getting touches? Funny, there's MacGruber starting in the conference opener.

With how much RPO the Huskies are now running, it's going to look like Morris is missing open receivers more often. That's just the nature of the beast. Instead of route progression, it's run progression to hot route. When the hot route was covered, he's either coached to airmail it into the stands or is just doing that instinctively. Cal decided to start covering those guys, and it got ugly.

I know this may be worse than a call for genocide, but I'm going to call for more bubble screen in the 2nd half there. Did a single WR screen get stopped for less than 9 yards all game? Whoever was calling the plays just arbitrarily decided to stop punishing Cal's defense for overcommitting to stopping the run. Macmillan, Rome, Bynum are all brilliant out there in space, and fuck if I'm not impressed with Bynum and Rome's blocking on the perimeter. I'm REALLY starting to like this WR group, and these plays don't require Morris to have to make a quick decision.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Great post 55