Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sunday best back on roster

Only jump cutter with power. Future all pac12...

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    Havent you heard of Doak Walker 2.0 Cam Davis?
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Sunday will start next year, at minimum #2
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,081
    Sunday could be #2 right now based on what we've seen from Dick and Davis. McGrew, then Sunday.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Sunday could be #2 right now based on what we've seen from Dick and Davis. McGrew, then Sunday.

I saw more from Sunday on 1 carry than I've seen from anybody less McGrew. Newton is valuable still though. Not counting him out
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,292 Swaye's Wigwam

Sunday looked like a spaz out there. But kudos to you for making this pick now and not two years after he graduates.

He got 2 carries behind Huffs fucktarded underachieving oline lol
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,700 Swaye's Wigwam

Sunday looked like a spaz out there. But kudos to you for making this pick now and not two years after he graduates.

He got 2 carries behind Huffs fucktarded underachieving oline lol
    But what do you think about culp? Too small of a sample size I’ve been told.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Barry Sander 2.0
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I saw more from Sunday on 1 carry than I've seen from anybody less McGrew. Newton is valuable still though. Not counting him out
    Sunday managed to look worse in two carries than Davis did, which is quite an achievement in its own right. Newton and Davis just run straight ahead without setting up their blocks. Sunday actually runs AWAY from his blockers.

Kid's got a lot to learn, and Boner has shown us he's got nothing to teach. I think it's obvious at this point that Gaskin was self-taught, given the MASSIVE gap in football intelligence between him and every other RB we've had under Boner.
    You can’t coach talent into a player
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,680
    Everything Sunday does looks weird. Can't judge for that. Also, sample size.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,680

Newton would be 100 times better if he could actually break a tackle. Because his only play is running straight ahead, hopefully where nobody is already standing.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Newton would be 100 times better if he could actually break a tackle. Because his only play is running straight ahead, hopefully where nobody is already standing.
    Yeah. He looked tough last year, so I thought I'd reserve judgement even though I hated his high school tape. This year he goes down on first contact every time. He's completely useless if he keeps doing that.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,922 Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah. He looked tough last year, so I thought I'd reserve judgement even though I hated his high school tape. This year he goes down on first contact every time. He's completely useless if he keeps doing that.
    Newtons running style is full of wasted moves and wasted motion. He appears to be running furiously but it's all bluster just like his personality. I thought that was plain to see two seasons ago when everyone else wanted to blow him for running a kickass wildcat against Eastern.

Sunday's earlier HS tape showed a guy with good size but pedestrian (at best) speed who was just fast enough to get away with shit running in HS. He tried to bounce everything and got away with it. His senior tape was much better, more aggressive and way more explosive looking. I still have hope for him. I like compact, heavy guys like that if they know how to use it...hard and usually painful to tackle.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,922 Swaye's Wigwam

Only jump cutter with power. Future all pac12...

Sunday is the opposite of a runner who should be jump cutting you fucking retard.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,487
    Dick is a poor man's Dwayne Washington. Dwayne was way faster. Neither could cut, neither could wait for the blocks to set up.

https://www.nfl.com/players/dwayne-washington/stats/

https://gohuskies.com/sports/football/roster/dwayne-washington/2218

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2021

Sunday managed to look worse in two carries than Davis did, which is quite an achievement in its own right. Newton and Davis just run straight ahead without setting up their blocks. Sunday actually runs AWAY from his blockers.

Kid's got a lot to learn, and Boner has shown us he's got nothing to teach. I think it's obvious at this point that Gaskin was self-taught, given the MASSIVE gap in football intelligence between him and every other RB we've had under Boner.
    Instincts and football IQ are very rarely taught. Anyone that thinks they are doesn’t understand football. They can be improved somewhat, but it’s something guys either have or they don’t.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    edited September 2021
    chuck said:

Newtons running style is full of wasted moves and wasted motion. He appears to be running furiously but it's all bluster just like his personality. I thought that was plain to see two seasons ago when everyone else wanted to blow him for running a kickass wildcat against Eastern.
    I had hope for Dick after his Stanford 2019 performance before he got injured. He was the only Dawg on the field compared to the beta attitude we always seem to have against the 'Furd.

But yeah, I can't remember a RB with more wasted motion.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Instincts and football IQ are very rarely taught. Anyone that thinks they are doesn’t understand football. They can be improved somewhat, but it’s something guys either have or they don’t.
    I think slowing the game down, and reading blocks is absolutely something that can be taught, but some can do it instinctively, which was kind of my point. Gaskin had the instincts, so he didn't need much coaching.