Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

And Here We Go …

124»

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

Bob_C said:

Pretty bleak hospital numbers out there. Best to be safe.

https://data.rgj.com/covid-19-hospital-capacity/washington/53/king-county/53033/

Why so bleak in heavily-vaccinated, super-compliant King County?

Biden Country if there ever was one, yet...
    Why doesn’t Harborview simply open back up the hospital beds they closed off and eliminated staffing for?

Are they planning to continue closing beds to keep up the “over capacity” narrative?
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh!! You're crushing the Narrative.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

oh no

You can see where this all becomes a slippery slope all over right?
    I agree. Should be just a straight vaccine mandate.
    How does that make sense?

There are people that can’t get vaccinated … how do you suggest that works?

I’d ask about how you consider those that have religious (or related) objections … but I suspect you don’t have any pity on that

Moreover, there’s lots of data out there comparing what’s going on in Israel and Sweden …

We know the vaccinations help … but it would appear that the vaccine isn’t a long term solution per se
    But the vaccine is a present solution to becoming seriously ill or dying. There are virtually no cases of fully vaccinated people dying from breakthrough infections unless their health was already precarious. If everyone would get vaccinated, we could get back to normal for now at least.
    Have you ever seen me advocate for people not getting vaccinated?

IF life went back to normal with vaccinations (of which we have a high % in Seattle), then we wouldn’t have a need for vaccine identifications (which is going to be a massive burden on businesses, notably small business) or the need for masks amongst the vaccinated

I agree with you in that the vaccine provides benefits to prevent serious illness …

But at the same time, as someone vaccinated, why should I care about somebody else being vaccinated or not?
    Ultimately this leads to a social credit score, which leads to the government having near total control of people's lives.
    Does this mean I won’t be able to go to Husky games any more?
    At this point, that is a win.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

https://data.rgj.com/covid-19-hospital-capacity/washington/53/king-county/53033/

Quite honestly, that chart doest make any sense at all.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,081
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

oh no

I’d ask about how you consider those that have religious (or related) objections … but I suspect you don’t have any pity on that

Moreover, there’s lots of data out there comparing what’s going on in Israel and Sweden …

We know the vaccinations help … but it would appear that the vaccine isn’t a long term solution per se
    But the vaccine is a present solution to becoming seriously ill or dying. There are virtually no cases of fully vaccinated people dying from breakthrough infections unless their health was already precarious. If everyone would get vaccinated, we could get back to normal for now at least.

IF life went back to normal with vaccinations (of which we have a high % in Seattle), then we wouldn’t have a need for vaccine identifications (which is going to be a massive burden on businesses, notably small business) or the need for masks amongst the vaccinated

I agree with you in that the vaccine provides benefits to prevent serious illness …

But at the same time, as someone vaccinated, why should I care about somebody else being vaccinated or not?
    Ultimately this leads to a social credit score, which leads to the government having near total control of people's lives.
    Does this mean I won’t be able to go to Husky games any more?
    pawz said:

Bob_C said:

Quite honestly, that chart doest make any sense at all.
    It shows that the claims of no hospital beds is based on anecdotes of specific instances at best. There is plenty of overall capacity and always was.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    HHusky said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/08/20/1029628471/highly-vaccinated-israel-is-seeing-a-dramatic-surge-in-new-covid-cases-heres-why

That means only 58% of Israel's total citizenry is fully vaccinated. Experts say that's not nearly high enough.

"We have a very large fraction of our population who are paying the price for a small fraction of the population who did not go to get the vaccine," said Eran Segal of the Weizmann Institute of Science, who advises the Israeli government on COVID-19.

Unvaccinated people helped fuel the rapid spread of the virus while the country remained open for business in recent months with few serious restrictions.

"That will lead to mass infection, which is exactly what we are seeing now," said Segal.

58% of Israel's total citizenry! Are we including people that can't be vaccinated in this total? That is pathetic, even for you. Israel is one of the world's most highly vaccinated countries. Maybe you should go work for politifact.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

oh no

And the black helicopters! Don't forget the black helicopters!

You and Gasbag should start a podcast. Whiney Old Cranks

You can use that.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

oh no

You can use that.
    Hey kids, find yourself in a bind? Just shitpost. Keep on shitposting. Even if things suck for a while, just shitpost through it!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

oh no

Things aren’t moving in a great direction
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

oh no

Things aren’t moving in a great direction
    Oh you want to fly to LA next week? Too bad that citizens reported via their apps that you weren't wearing your mask when you entered the Circle K last Tuesday afternoon. If you're good for another three months you can hopefully rebuild your social credit score and try again.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I was told the Taliban control all the roads into and out of the airport so no flights are getting out anyway.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

oh no

You can use that.
    Says Baghdad Bob.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

oh no

Lol, what a fucking idiot.
    "Oh, hey Derek. Yeah, I'm tired of being the only smart poster here and propping up your board. You should pay me because I'm so smart and no one compares to me."
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,081
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    hardhat said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

oh no

Lol, what a fucking idiot.
    "Oh, hey Derek. Yeah, I'm tired of being the only smart poster here and propping up your board. You should pay me because I'm so smart and no one compares to me."
    @hhusky don’t do Covid threads anymore.

RIP
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HH has always been the dumbest smart guy in the room.

Wrong on nearly everything having to do with Covid.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,023
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

HH has always been the dumbest smart guy in the room.

Wrong on nearly everything having to do with Covid.

The dazzler always prefers authoritarianism over science. Always. Dems aren't just stupid, they are evil.