Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jennifer Cohen is really, really, extremely mad.

124»

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Blu82 said:

I asked this board shortly after Jimmy was hired if there were concerns about Jimmy never being a head coach before. The responses were about 50/50, as I recall. Some responded with "yes, that is a real concern". Others called me a "Duck, Coug, Trojan troll.
    I asked this after having dinner with 5 big UW donors. All of whom expressed major concerns with the hire.
    I haven't spoken to any of these folks in the past month (self preservation). However, given past conversations, I believe it's safe to say that Jen and Jimmy are both on a short doog leash.

It would be logical for Jen to be on a very short leash. What has she gotten right? She was gifted the job by Pete. Lake and Hopkins are failures. That should be enough. I don’t pay attention to the other sports, but those are failures too.
    Raising money is what is going to save her.
    Going to assume you mean raising the money for Lake's buyout...
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,510
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Blu82 said:

I asked this board shortly after Jimmy was hired if there were concerns about Jimmy never being a head coach before. The responses were about 50/50, as I recall. Some responded with "yes, that is a real concern". Others called me a "Duck, Coug, Trojan troll.
    I asked this after having dinner with 5 big UW donors. All of whom expressed major concerns with the hire.
    I haven't spoken to any of these folks in the past month (self preservation). However, given past conversations, I believe it's safe to say that Jen and Jimmy are both on a short doog leash.

It would be logical for Jen to be on a very short leash. What has she gotten right? She was gifted the job by Pete. Lake and Hopkins are failures. That should be enough. I don’t pay attention to the other sports, but those are failures too.
    It appears that it will have to be new money.
    Who is going to jump into this dumpster fire?
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 781
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Ever notice how you never see Jen Cohen and Lisa Sparxxx in the same room at the same time?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,400
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A cute dog can raise money
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Blu82 said:

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021

Ever notice how you never see Jen Cohen and Lisa Sparxxx in the same room at the same time?

I was thinking Stormy Daniels ...

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

She's over 300 pounds so it already passed

Fixed

TOF says Hurtful.
    Wood
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Blu82 said:

By multiple reports, that's the one thing she's good at.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Anyone else get marketing call..?
    UW MARKETING -how did you enjoy the game day experience?

ME- they lost to an FBS school Montana how DaFuq do you think most people enjoyed the game
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

The one good thing about Jen is she is really good at raising money. Every top donor for UW athletics loves her, so I don't put it past her to raise the money to buy Jimmy out if it gets to that point.

Bullshit.

Damon has been the money raiser. He has every Top donor on his cell phone, a brother at the very top in College football broadcasting who is openly “embarrassed” and the #1 rated QB in the country.

Leverage.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Blu82 said:

And when Damon’s long list of Donors say “NO” what then?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Blu82 said:

lol remember when they cast heath ledger as an aussie for no reason
  • Options
    DougDoug Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

The one good thing about Jen is she is really good at raising money. Every top donor for UW athletics loves her, so I don't put it past her to raise the money to buy Jimmy out if it gets to that point.

Hasn't it gotten to that point yet?
    Nope, it's too soon. Washington needs to lose more, get blown out by Oregon, and most likely lose the apple cup. A 3 to 4 win season with the season ending in a loss to Washington State could potentially do it.
    So the 2016 Oregon approach. Helf pulls out a couple more wins and doesn’t get embarrassed against OSU and they probably don’t fire his ass after the season. Total collapse much better than a slow miserable decline
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doug said:

Hasn't it gotten to that point yet?
    Nope, it's too soon. Washington needs to lose more, get blown out by Oregon, and most likely lose the apple cup. A 3 to 4 win season with the season ending in a loss to Washington State could potentially do it.
    So the 2016 Oregon approach. Helf pulls out a couple more wins and doesn’t get embarrassed against OSU and they probably don’t fire his ass after the season. Total collapse much better than a slow miserable decline
    Helf was out after UW. He somehow got a miracle win over a ranked Utah in SLC (lol Whit) that gave him a sliver of hope that things had turned around (I was super pissed after that Utah game for that reason) but then beav showed it was just a fluke