Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brock Huard goes full nega

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    MelloDawg said:

One of the better rants I've ever heard from Brock. He might be the single outside guy with the most influence in that AD. If Huard is publicly taking you to task you're in trouble.

I’d say if Damon told Cohen that Sam is transferring if they don’t make significant changes, that would qualify as more influence.

Huard publicly criticizing is significant though.
    I would think that if Damon told Cohen “Here is a list of firm commitments for $10,000,000 from these 5 guys if we make an immediate change to Coach _________ … and oh, by the way, they have committed to ghosting you if you resist” would carry more weight.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,778
    ntxduck said:

Bet Oregon could offer Sam a nice NIL deal if Donovan is still there at years end

Yep. This has always been my concern with the transfer portal + NIL.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,318 Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

Bet Oregon could offer Sam a nice NIL deal if Donovan is still there at years end

Yep. This has always been my concern with the transfer portal + NIL.
    This has always been done

Now it’s just out in the open
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,033 Standard Supporter
    Alexis said:

That was good.

Buddy of mine plays golf with an ex UW D-Lineman who played back at the end of the Lambo days and he told him before the Montana game that UW would lose. Said there are alot of problems on that team and he is very uncomfortable with the way it is moving. Saw a few practices and was really disappointed. Take it with a grain of salt because he's said that about pretty much all coaches since Lambo, but, CSB.

If he thought lambo was good he is stupid.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Alexis said:

That was good.

Buddy of mine plays golf with an ex UW D-Lineman who played back at the end of the Lambo days and he told him before the Montana game that UW would lose. Said there are alot of problems on that team and he is very uncomfortable with the way it is moving. Saw a few practices and was really disappointed. Take it with a grain of salt because he's said that about pretty much all coaches since Lambo, but, CSB.

What I don't get is that I don't recall hearing any of these concerns during fall camp even though they had several open practices. I'm just a guy, so yeah, maybe if I see Player A beating Player B all the time I'll think Player A is good, even though Player B might be crap, but you'd think all these ex-players, coaches and even some media members would be able to tell what's real and what isn't. For example, that the OL wasn't actually good. Or that the DL wasn't actually good. Or that our safeties were fucking terrible again. Or that D-Mo's accuracy was still shit on anything farther than 6 yards down the field.

I'm don't expect guys to come out and say they looked like shit, but I don't even remember code speak like saying a unit is still unsettled, or that they're still trying to figure out a safety group, or word is there's been improvement but it hasn't shown up in practice, have to see it on gameday, that sort of thing. Everybody seemed to agree that the actual players/units were good, and then we see it put together on gameday and it looks like a shit sandwich. How is that possible?

And for the record, I don't believe it. Now way our OL or QB looked very good in practice. The OL can't fucking MOVE anybody.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,701 Swaye's Wigwam

Cliff notes, bitch

Leave, bitch.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

Glad to see Brock doesn't give the bend and break defense a free pass, either.

Promoting Bob Gregory — who should've been cut loose as ILB's coach when CP exited in December 2019 — was all we needed to know about Jimmy's ability to build a good staff.

When the smoke finally clears after Lake's been shit-canned, his time as "head coach" will be every bit the disaster we experienced with Gilbertson and Willingham.

To be fair/honest, I think our D against the run sucked last year, too, even with K. Jimmy seems so fixated on not giving up big plays that we allow ourselves to be killed by papercuts over and over. It's probably why we've sucked against Stanford so much, and now Michigan.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,701 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

I have never seen Brock pissed off before. He's pissed.

Yep. He's well respected and well mannered.

When you've lost him you've lost Doog Nation.

Really nice to see a former player call this shit out.
    There is no coming back from a Montana loss.
    Last Saturday will forever be remembered as the day we no showed in mich while whoregon further distances themselves by beating tOSU.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    doogie said:

“Legitimately Embarrassed”

“We run the same plays I ran 25 years ago”

“Defense doesn’t get a pass”

“We’re in trouble vs. Arkansas State”

“I speak for a lot of Husky Nation”

“It’s not ALL on the QB, Morris has some obvious limitations but scheme is the biggest problem”

Even Brock went here as well:

"Recruiting is atrocious."