Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake. John Donovan. Bob Gregory.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021

Oregon runs it. Cristobal won't let pussies on the O line and actually has running backs

Moorehead was the obvious oc that many of us wanted jimmy to hire and he actually does things like call plays to exploit the weaknesses in how the defense is lined up.

Jimmy likes to invite all 11 guys into the box and then run it.

Also Mario knows good offensive line play and demands it from his players.

Jimmy knows good cornerback play and then takes the best players on his team and protects them even more by playing deep safeties. Brilliant strategy. This would be like Mario sending out 1 or 2 in routes while everyone else max protects. It’s not that hard.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon runs it. Cristobal won't let pussies on the O line and actually has running backs

Moorehead was the obvious oc that many of us wanted jimmy to hire and he actually does things like call plays to exploit the weaknesses in how the defense is lined up.

Jimmy likes to invite all 11 guys into the box and then run it.

Also Mario knows good offensive line play and demands it from his players.

Jimmy knows good cornerback play and then takes the best players on his team and protects them even more by playing deep safeties. Brilliant strategy. This would be like Mario sending out 1 or 2 in routes while everyone else max protects. It’s not that hard.
    Agree

This is as clear a case of bad coaching as I can remember
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I still just can’t fathom how Jimmy thought Jon Don was a good idea

What does Jimmy need to do to prove his cluelessness?

get Michael Jackson's bleach white skin? Right now being black is the only thing going for him.

With respect of course
  • Options
    Doogles said:

I'll admit, I gave Donovan more of a shot than most here coming into the season.

I saw an experienced OL, experienced RBs, best TE in nation, a QB that could avoid sacks and accurate within 20 (with hope to improve long ball), and speed speed speed outside.

Couple that with a good D and it was reasonable to think we could score points in various, balanced ways and control games.

What we've seen is a complete regression across the board.

OL is now the worst in conference, getting pushed around by FCS

RBs can't find a hole and the most experienced have yet to see a snap

Otton gets doubled/tripled every passing down

Morris can't avoid sacks and is inaccurate everywhere (biggest surprise)

WRs are hurt/struggle to get the ball

It's so so bad and 100% coaching.

Total practice player. Balls out in practice and is a limp dick in a real game. Last year basically was practice. No fans in stadium is about as close to practice as you can get.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 487
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Only QB’s that suceed with a poor o-line are those that should not be a QB on the first place. Play like an extra running back.
  • Options

get Michael Jackson's bleach white skin? Right now being black is the only thing going for him.

With respect of course
    this isn't funny or clever
    Wasn't really meant to be funny. Jimmy's biggest advantage right now is that he is one of the very few African American HCs in football.

You yourself posted about Mario Bailey, a beloved UW legend, basically pulling the race card in defense of Jimmy. Mario's actions aren't Jimmy's fault but it is happening.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club

With respect of course
    Wasn't really meant to be funny. Jimmy's biggest advantage right now is that he is one of the very few African American HCs in football.

You yourself posted about Mario Bailey, a beloved UW legend, basically pulling the race card in defense of Jimmy. Mario's actions aren't Jimmy's fault but it is happening.
    My comment was light years away from your comment.
  • Options

With respect of course

Ok. How's the view from the high horse?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club

With respect of course

Ok. How's the view from the high horse?
    Your comment was in the same ballpark as making a minstrel reference. It was not coming from a good place.
  • Options
    Ok. Again, your opinion but duly noted.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    @RoadTrip is triggered, shaking, and about to vomit. Fuck off back to the pump n dump and leave the football talk to us.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This is the last game I will be traveling to for a long time.

At this point lose to AK state and blow this shit up. I still just can’t fathom how Jimmy thought Jon Don was a good idea, it’s fucking crazy.

I don't know if he thought it was a good idea, but he clearly didn't know what else to do.
    My prediction is Lake and Donovan have the same agent or some other business partner. The other is that Jimmy was so enamored with the NFL that he talked to Nathaniel Hacket or whoever was Jacksonville‘s OC and they said Donovan was great at watching film and was a great asset to their shitty teams and Jimmy bought it.

Lake botched the hire, but he’s been coaching for 20+ years. He knows a lot of other coaches. In hindsight, Kellen Moore as our OC would have been a great get and even better, we wouldn’t even know the John Donovan existed.
    I'm not convinced he would've looked that much better if Jimmy's mandate is to run HB dive on every first and second down. Donovan is terrible, don't twist, but I think he's severely handicapped by Jimmy's demands for his offense.