Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake. John Donovan. Bob Gregory.

13»

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

This is the last game I will be traveling to for a long time.

At this point lose to AK state and blow this shit up. I still just can’t fathom how Jimmy thought Jon Don was a good idea, it’s fucking crazy.

I don't know if he thought it was a good idea, but he clearly didn't know what else to do.
    My prediction is Lake and Donovan have the same agent or some other business partner. The other is that Jimmy was so enamored with the NFL that he talked to Nathaniel Hacket or whoever was Jacksonville‘s OC and they said Donovan was great at watching film and was a great asset to their shitty teams and Jimmy bought it.

Lake botched the hire, but he’s been coaching for 20+ years. He knows a lot of other coaches. In hindsight, Kellen Moore as our OC would have been a great get and even better, we wouldn’t even know the John Donovan existed.
    I'm not convinced he would've looked that much better if Jimmy's mandate is to run HB dive on every first and second down. Donovan is terrible, don't twist, but I think he's severely handicapped by Jimmy's demands for his offense.
    If Donovan didn’t have bottom 10% offenses in CFB at Penn State, then I would place more blame on Jimmy.

Jimmy does want to run the ball, but we threw it 46 times against Montana and 37 vs Michigan. We are bad at passing and even worse at running.

I have no problem with running the ball. Every run doesn’t need to be right up the gut tho. Run it off tackle, outside zone, a toss sweep, a counter here and there. McGrew needs to play and not playing your best RB (even tho he’s an average PAC 12 RB) is the type of stuff that kills the culture.

The OL’s drastic regression has me thinking that the problems are deeper than John Donovan/Jimmy Lake’s shitty, archaic schemes.
    What goes deeper than the head coach and oc when evaluating an offensive line? Did they not lift weights this off season or something?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Well it's a moot point now but I never thought it was realistic that Moore would come here. His agent may have just played Jimmy to get him more leverage with the Cowboys. The Moore talk started after CP had already stepped down so his only connection was to some of the remaining assistants. It also seemed like a huge demotion to go from OC of the most famous team in the NFL to working for a first time head coach at an average P5 program. And as I had said earlier, even in the scenario where he did take the job he would've been gone as soon as BSU came calling with the HC opening.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,538
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Well it's a moot point now but I never thought it was realistic that Moore would come here. His agent may have just played Jimmy to get him more leverage with the Cowboys. The Moore talk started after CP had already stepped down so his only connection was to some of the remaining assistants. It also seemed like a huge demotion to go from OC of the most famous team in the NFL to working for a first time head coach at an average P5 program. And as I had said earlier, even in the scenario where he did take the job he would've been gone as soon as BSU came calling with the HC opening.

Dak and the offense are going to pile up the stats this year while going 9-8 and winning the NFC Least. They will lose in Round 1. Repeat in 2022 and McCarthy is out and Wonderboy Moore gets promoted to HC. He is not going to coach here, Boise, or any other college team. Jerry wants him to be the next HC unless the offense completely collapses.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    hardhat said:

My point remains, even if he took the UW OC job he would've surely bolted for the Boise HC job last fall after Harsin went to Auburn. He would've built a better foundation than what we have right now though.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

hardhat said:

My point remains, even if he took the UW OC job he would've surely bolted for the Boise HC job last fall after Harsin went to Auburn. He would've built a better foundation than what we have right now though.
    Agree, doesn't disprove anything you said.
    I just didn't ever think he was close to coming here at all. At the least, maybe it shows he had wise counsel and didn't want to join the train wreck.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

hardhat said:

I'll take Moore as the HC yesterday. Beggars can't be choosers.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

The big loser in this (besides the fans) is Sam Huard. When he committed he thought he'd be playing for a legendary HOF coach and if Moore had become CP's OC, a rising star in the coaching ranks who also happened to be an undersized lefty as his mentor. Instead he's being guided by 2 former college DBs who are completely clueless on how to run a modern college offense. If I'm Damon and Brock I would be putting a ton of pressure on the AD to make a change ASAP or Sam's hitting the portal.

This is where I'm at. If the revolution is to have a leader it must be Damon Huard. Sam leaving the program, as a 5 star legacy, would absolutely turn the Press against UW. That would be a huge embarrassment to the AD, bigger than canning Jimmy's ass.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huard could have been here in spring too

He's not the savior

Jesus could beat out Morris
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

At this point lose to AK state and blow this shit up. I still just can’t fathom how Jimmy thought Jon Don was a good idea, it’s fucking crazy.

I don't know if he thought it was a good idea, but he clearly didn't know what else to do.
    My prediction is Lake and Donovan have the same agent or some other business partner. The other is that Jimmy was so enamored with the NFL that he talked to Nathaniel Hacket or whoever was Jacksonville‘s OC and they said Donovan was great at watching film and was a great asset to their shitty teams and Jimmy bought it.

Lake botched the hire, but he’s been coaching for 20+ years. He knows a lot of other coaches. In hindsight, Kellen Moore as our OC would have been a great get and even better, we wouldn’t even know the John Donovan existed.
    I'm not convinced he would've looked that much better if Jimmy's mandate is to run HB dive on every first and second down. Donovan is terrible, don't twist, but I think he's severely handicapped by Jimmy's demands for his offense.
    If Donovan didn’t have bottom 10% offenses in CFB at Penn State, then I would place more blame on Jimmy.

Jimmy does want to run the ball, but we threw it 46 times against Montana and 37 vs Michigan. We are bad at passing and even worse at running.

I have no problem with running the ball. Every run doesn’t need to be right up the gut tho. Run it off tackle, outside zone, a toss sweep, a counter here and there. McGrew needs to play and not playing your best RB (even tho he’s an average PAC 12 RB) is the type of stuff that kills the culture.

The OL’s drastic regression has me thinking that the problems are deeper than John Donovan/Jimmy Lake’s shitty, archaic schemes.
    How about a screen or swing pass to Cam Davis or McGrew? Get those guys in space. Same with Giles. Even if they ran it and then used as a decoy, it’d get that safety/LB out of the fucking box.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147

Huard could have been here in spring too

He's not the savior

Jesus could beat out Morris

Savior? Definitely not. But with a halfway decent coach he has the potential to be great. With Jimmy his career will be a guaranteed dead-end.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

I think, based on no evidence, that he actually knew what to do, but he just could not get anyone to come here. So we settled for the ball boy instead of an actual coach.
    This. He should have been all-in on Moorehead, but UW is pussyville.

Now our should have been hire is crushing Ohio State in the Shoe, and we can look forward to Oregon fucking our women at mid-field after they get done butt fucking our Team.

Now, more than ever. . . FUFMFE!!!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    Swaye's Wigwam

I still just can’t fathom how Jimmy thought Jon Don was a good idea

What does Jimmy need to do to prove his cluelessness?

get Michael Jackson's bleach white skin? Right now being black is the only thing going for him.

With respect of course
    this isn't funny or clever
    Wasn't really meant to be funny. Jimmy's biggest advantage right now is that he is one of the very few African American HCs in football.

You yourself posted about Mario Bailey, a beloved UW legend, basically pulling the race card in defense of Jimmy. Mario's actions aren't Jimmy's fault but it is happening.
    One fucking comment from a former player, and not even a real pointed one, doesn't warrant statements like that. Wjo gives a fuck what Bailey thinks when it comes down to it? Not me. He doesn't represent anything or anyone.

Honestly some of you guys are over eager to bring the race issue into this. You're more eager than the folks who you're predicting it from. What does that say?