Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jimmy Lake. John Donovan. Bob Gregory.

With Jennifer Cohen as the Big Boss.

Might be the most predictable crash and burn in recent College Football history.

Comments

• I still just can’t fathom how Jimmy thought Jon Don was a good idea

What does Jimmy need to do to prove his cluelessness?

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This is the last game I will be traveling to for a long time.

At this point lose to AK state and blow this shit up. I still just can’t fathom how Jimmy thought Jon Don was a good idea, it’s fucking crazy.

I don't know if he thought it was a good idea, but he clearly didn't know what else to do.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

At this point lose to AK state and blow this shit up. I still just can’t fathom how Jimmy thought Jon Don was a good idea, it’s fucking crazy.

I don't know if he thought it was a good idea, but he clearly didn't know what else to do.
    I think, based on no evidence, that he actually knew what to do, but he just could not get anyone to come here. So we settled for the ball boy instead of an actual coach.
    He rolled out the red carpet for Kellen Moore, and then after being turned down, he suddenly found nobody else would return his calls.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2021

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I think, based on no evidence, that he actually knew what to do, but he just could not get anyone to come here. So we settled for the ball boy instead of an actual coach.
    He rolled out the red carpet for Kellen Moore, and then after being turned down, he suddenly found nobody else would return his calls.
    That's it. In a nutshell. Nobody would return the calls. Perhaps they sensed it was going to be all smoke and mirrors with Jimmy.
    Jimmy's all hat no cattle
    I just want Mike V to read Jimmy’s own statements to him at the next presser and then ask him he thinks he is doing
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Let's get into the why. Is he an arrogant asshole? I found Kwiatkowski's quote about working for good people sharing a common goal quote telling. And while we're at it, fuck Pete and his surrender to liberalism.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

That's it. In a nutshell. Nobody would return the calls. Perhaps they sensed it was going to be all smoke and mirrors with Jimmy.
    I don't think it's that. I think we could have had our pick of up and coming OCs at the time especially with Sam committed and a loaded roster. Jimmy had a very specific vision for the offense and seeked out an OC who shared the same philosophy. Someone on DM said they apparently crossed paths at the Senior Bowl when Jimmy was in the NFL so there was a little bit of familiarity.

Bottom line is Donovan isn't the issue, it's Jimmy's obsession with a prehistoric scheme that only retreads like Donovan are willing to run.
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Swaye said:

Let's get into the why. Is he an arrogant asshole? I found Kwiatkowski's quote about working for good people sharing a common goal quote telling. And while we're at it, fuck Pete and his surrender to liberalism.
    How did Pete surrender to liberalism? I know it has nothing to do with our team and coaching, but I’m genuinely interested in what your response will be.
    I've read quotes from him recently confirming his support for the leftist agenda. He's all in this woke shit.
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

Swaye said:

Fuck off Corona Bros
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Swaye said:

How did Pete surrender to liberalism? I know it has nothing to do with our team and coaching, but I’m genuinely interested in what your response will be.
    Lick that taint RD55... LICK IT! Insincere is begging for it.