Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO - Play Huard

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,323
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

So our 5 star can't beat out Morris

Awesome

Effectively losing a year of development is kind of a big deal
    Is there such thing anymore as a 5-star quarterback wo doesn't either flame out or leave for the NFL with eligibility remaining? Best development I can think of is playing.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Awesome

Rest assured huard is our new Cody bruns. All thr hope placed on him and we will mess up his redshirt. And ultimately, he will likely suck. It is the script.
  • Options
    TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 87
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2021
    If and when Michigan blows out the Pups you will probably see the switch. Nothing left to lose. Then Huard can decide where he wants to transfer to with a little experience under his belt
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Awesome

Rest assured huard is our new Cody bruns. All thr hope placed on him and we will mess up his redshirt. And ultimately, he will likely suck. It is the script.
    We already want the QB savior, who also probably sucks. It’s over.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2021
    Tequilla said:

Awesome

You sound like a pussy making excuses. Watch the last 2 drives and look at Morris's choices and execution. Hint - can't get much worse. Play the lefty. Admittedly, I've never seen him play...but what I do see is a best case 6-7 win QB in Morris and that is being generous.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I feel like Huard needs to take his lumps this year or he's going to take them next year and we're going to be another year behind.

I'd rather he have a Browning-style freshman year where we have some good and bad so he's ready to dominate in 2022.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Don't really care if people think Huard isn't "ready" as if there's any metric that can determine it without fail. Even if he struggles, experience will always be the best way for someone to learn and improve. This is already kind of a lost season in that the team is hamstrung by a lame duck coaching staff. Given the state of recruiting right now, might as well give Huard some snaps with a team that is on the decline rather than one that has already hit rock bottom.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Awesome

You sound like a pussy making excuses. Watch the last 2 drives and look at Morris's choices and execution. Hint - can't get much worse. Play the lefty. Admittedly, I've never seen him play...but what I do see is a best case 6-7 win QB in Morris and that is being generous.
    In fairness I didn’t get to see Huard in the Fall

What I saw in Spring had Huard looking like a kid that was a year away from playing

If Huard was close to Morris there would have been a competition … there wasn’t
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I still like dymo enough to lipo. When the oc sucks and the oline sucks it's hard to look great unless you're Lamar Jackson
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,598
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    “DyMo”?

😂
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I changed my mind. In the second half, if Morris is struggling or it's a blowout, put Huard in. Priority should be to get Huard game experience and get the WR's healthy for Pac-12 play because this team can still win it. I could care less about the result in the Michigan game; getting ready for Pac-12 play should be the priority for this team.

This team ain’t winning shit in the P12 … they will have a massive coaching hole to start every game with
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I changed my mind. In the second half, if Morris is struggling or it's a blowout, put Huard in. Priority should be to get Huard game experience and get the WR's healthy for Pac-12 play because this team can still win it. I could care less about the result in the Michigan game; getting ready for Pac-12 play should be the priority for this team.

Any player should be pulled for performing poorly, including QB.
    I'm not a big one to pull the qb, but Morris looked BAD. Throws were too high, too low, behind the receiver, he froze in the pocket. He really didn't look like the kid last season. He looked like a true freshman making his 1st career start in the Big House in front of 100K fans. I really started to say they should pull him midway through the 3rd. My dad and uncle were shooting it down and then by the time the game was lost, my uncle was saying they should of pulled him. NO SHIT!
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Either ALL of the experts are wrong and Huard is Not a five star recruit or Jimmy can’t coach and has a 5 Star phenom buried on third string festering doubts and questioning why he is throwing his talent away for a rookie coach who is in over his head
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

Either ALL of the experts are wrong and Huard is Not a five star recruit or Jimmy can’t coach and has a 5 Star phenom buried on third string festering doubts and questioning why he is throwing his talent away for a rookie coach who is in over his head

My least favorite thing the Husky coaches say is that they put players on the field who "show up in practice." Sometimes that's fine, but it's also a great way to overlook players who are gamers.

I really do not care if Huard made some mistakes or didn't look amazing in practice or scrimmages. I want to see how he looks when he's put in his fkn element.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,716
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Brunell beat out Hobart in every competition. Brunell was great in practice. Not bad in games

But not 17-0 either with a natty

Winning at Nebraska in 91 >> Losing at Colorado in 90, and to UCLA