Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

710 Radio is doing great

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
So great that they had to fire one of their most recent hires, Paul Gallant, and he is being replaced with who other else than... Mike Salk to "save the numbers". Listeners have never been higher!

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,516
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

So great that they had to fire one of their most recent hires, Paul Gallant, and he is being replaced with who other else than... Mike Salk to "save the numbers". Listeners have never been higher!

I used to listen to 710 all the time. but when they fired Jim Moore and hired Gallant, that did it for me and i stopped completely. I love Danny but Gallant was awful. And as he gained confidence he became kind of insufferable
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,149
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People still listen sports radio in Seattle?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The stupidity of 710 is astounding…

-Fire morning show team because of “numbers” in a market that lost a huge share of its morning car commuters (and radio listeners) to the pandemic and work from home

-Bring in boring, established guy who was only ever relevant because of his partner to “save the numbers” right when football season is starting and in-person schools are set to open, driving a massive influx of listeners that would’ve come anyways
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,748
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tech companies aren't coming back to the commute. Radio suffers and now you're stuck with Blazer Guy and Seahawks Guy only.

These guys need to go do probably podcasts and a day job. No more lazy days mailing it on what 'Russ can do with a shit OL.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm excited because I have no idea who any of these people are except Jim Moore who is a Coug embarrassment like Softy but he actually graduated from Pullman. I think.

Good point either way.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Salk is horrible, just a complete shithead. I refuse to listen to that station. Heaps is a total "my dad is the boss" kind of turd that has knee pads sewn into all his pants. KJR isn't much better.

Heaps is also on Russell Wilson's payroll too. So his non stop gawking over him will make anyones ears bleed.
    The dad I was referring to
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,830
    Swaye's Wigwam

Salk is horrible, just a complete shithead. I refuse to listen to that station. Heaps is a total "my dad is the boss" kind of turd that has knee pads sewn into all his pants. KJR isn't much better.

KJR’s morning comedy show is decent. They’ll occasionally talk sports too, but the comedy is what drives the show.

Anyone know the ratings KIRO vs. KJR? There used to be a Seattle blog that posted them, but I can’t think of the name anymore.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Tech companies aren't coming back to the commute. Radio suffers and now you're stuck with Blazer Guy and Seahawks Guy only.

These guys need to go do probably podcasts and a day job. No more lazy days mailing it on what 'Russ can do with a shit OL.

Good radio doing fine. Anyone can download the apps for IHeart, Audacy, Entercom, etc., and listen to just about any show from any city. I’d rather listen to that degenerate Craig Carton in NYC than Puck or the even worse Jake and Stacy shitshow that air at the same time on Seattle radio.

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,245
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2021
    KJR somehow, some way, manages to be the lesser of two evils. Chuck Powell is entertaining. Creative stuff on his show. He has a fucking dolt as a sidekick however. To make it worse Bucky is a Duck and Bronco fan. Follow that up with a bootlicking toolbag in Puckett, who happens to be a Coog. Follow that up with a not so terrible guy in Furness, however, a fucking Coog! Then, finally, a ball washing homer during drive time with a cohost that laughs at his own stupid “jokes” that aren’t jokes. Thanks a lot to the flagship station of our? Dwags!

KIRO somehow has managed to be worse than that hot fucking garbage
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

KJR somehow, some way, manages to be the lesser of two evils. Chuck Powell is entertaining. Creative stuff on his show. He has a fucking dolt as a sidekick however. To make it worse Bucky is a Duck and Bronco fan.

I think Bucky’s succinct, rube humor is a great compliment to Chuck’s drawn-out story telling style of humor. The two are great by themselves when it comes to baseball and jokes. They need to lean heavily on interviews and guests for the other sports though.

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,211

KJR somehow, some way, manages to be the lesser of two evils. Chuck Powell is entertaining. Creative stuff on his show. He has a fucking dolt as a sidekick however. To make it worse Bucky is a Duck and Bronco fan.

I think Bucky’s succinct, rube humor is a great compliment to Chuck’s drawn-out story telling style of humor. The two are great by themselves when it comes to baseball and jokes. They need to lean heavily on interviews and guests for the other sports though.

Bucky is good when he’s talking baseball, but that is the extent of his editorial wizardry. He leans heavily on Powell’s rhetoric and usually just repeats what he says when talking about other sports.

The whole lineup has gone downhill and sadly, Mahler knows he’s the cash cow of the station.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,516
    Founders Club

I used to listen to 710 all the time. but when they fired Jim Moore and hired Gallant, that did it for me and i stopped completely. I love Danny but Gallant was awful. And as he gained confidence he became kind of insufferable
    How do you get rid of Danny but keep Heaps and Stelton? Dave Wyman seems like a good person, but five hours a day of him making excuses for the Seahawks? Yikes.