Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Mark it down. I am 100% all-in on Jimmy Lake.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Canadawg said:

I mean the whole point of recruiting is to win games and Oregons elite recruiting got them 4-3 last year. Let's not lose the forest in the trees.

Recruiting will absolutely have to pick up but a bad year isn't a death sentence if they beat Mich and Duck this year

On the other side if they lose more than 3 games this year fire him

This will be the second crappy recruiting class in a row.
    Last years class was disappointing because there was high end talent available in the backyard but I actually like the mix of players that were signed. Two of the defensive lineman have flashed, Moore will get PT this year and Huard appears to be the QB2 at the moment. The other thing about last years class was that the recruits were desired by real football programs. The offer lists are always a better indication of talent than the stars. Add in Bookie, Polk and Martin and you've added competition and depth and they all just got here. I'm gonna PGOS and LIPO with last years class. That said this years class is pretty underwhelming to say the least. UW is battling tooth and nail with Oregon State, Arizona and the major players of the Big Sky for kids. Bad look. Taking one Caden Jumper is acceptable. Filling half your class with Caden Jumpers is substituting sugar in the recipe for salt. Not gonna turn out well when you're done cooking.
    I actually don't hate any of our current commits. The only big reach IMO is Boston but at least we got Germie on board. I'm nervous about how the rest of our class fills out though. With all of the recent couch sales they could potentially take 8-9 more kids in this class. Since it doesn't sound like we're actively recruiting anyone right now other than Conerly that likely means it'll be more under the radar, very low floor Davon Banks/Siaosi Finau types.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The only thing I'll say about this years class is that the average ranking isn't nearly as bad as the overall because we only have 10 in right now. Think we're 4th in Pac by that metric which is still not good but its not really 7th
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can’t take this thread. Bunch of weak dick doogman bullshit. I just read 122 new posts and want to kill my self.

So, let’s pretend that jimmy pulls 10+, beats whoregon, and wins a bowl game.

So, cristoballz may scheme like shit but you have enough talent and someone will end up being more than serviceable, dare I say good.

Jimmy has put together 3 limp dick classes in a row. So this yr they kill it on-field, maybe. That likely means they are loosing CB1/CB2 with what type of depth behind them?

Enough of the guys from this yrs pac-12 winning team (likely not going to happen) return the following yr and have a 10+ win season again. Not as good as this years team… again, these predictions are doogish and surprising from this group but for sake of argument I’ll play along.

Two years in a row with 10+ wins should (could) actually happen and in that time two recruiting classes that aren’t dreck.

BUT what happens with that giant void of talent for 2-3 yrs… do the next two classes come in with talent so great that they jump to the front or is that the talent ahead of it so shitty that they are forced into action early??

I really want to be wrong but what about these last few classes gives anyone confidence that a decent two years won’t be followed by a massive drop off?

Also, homefield shit was fire. Don’t @ me.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

I can’t take this thread. Bunch of weak dick doogman bullshit. I just read 122 new posts and want to kill my self.

So, let’s pretend that jimmy pulls 10+, beats whoregon, and wins a bowl game.

So, cristoballz may scheme like shit but you have enough talent and someone will end up being more than serviceable, dare I say good.

Jimmy has put together 3 limp dick classes in a row. So this yr they kill it on-field, maybe. That likely means they are loosing CB1/CB2 with what type of depth behind them?

Enough of the guys from this yrs pac-12 winning team (likely not going to happen) return the following yr and have a 10+ win season again. Not as good as this years team… again, these predictions are doogish and surprising from this group but for sake of argument I’ll play along.

Two years in a row with 10+ wins should (could) actually happen and in that time two recruiting classes that aren’t dreck.

BUT what happens with that giant void of talent for 2-3 yrs… do the next two classes come in with talent so great that they jump to the front or is that the talent ahead of it so shitty that they are forced into action early??

I really want to be wrong but what about these last few classes gives anyone confidence that a decent two years won’t be followed by a massive drop off?

Also, homefield shit was fire. Don’t @ me.

Larry Coker-lite?

The good news is that a lot of 4 stars suck. So there's that.

But you're right, I think the defense is heading backwards after this year.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Canadawg said:

The only thing I'll say about this years class is that the average ranking isn't nearly as bad as the overall because we only have 10 in right now. Think we're 4th in Pac by that metric which is still not good but its not really 7th

That's a good point and there haven't been that many spots for 2021 and 2022 (with Covid playing a part) to begin with. I'm too lazy to look at the roster but am pretty sure there are a lot of RS-JRs and True JRs, which will make for a big and important 2023 class.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

https://si.com/college/2021/08/24/tom-allen-indiana-football-revival-daily-cover

This is the other next big thing after the Iowa State guy

When there is more momentum at Indiana than Washington, you know things are bad.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    hardhat said:

https://si.com/college/2021/08/24/tom-allen-indiana-football-revival-daily-cover

When there is more momentum at Indiana than Washington, you know things are bad.
    Tom Allen makes 4.9 million a year. UW can’t/won’t afford him.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Matt Campbell make 4 million and has a 3 million dollar slush to pay assistants. You expect UW to pay more than that in this economy?!?!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am #TeamJimmy

Not sure why you are asking me dat question

These are the next big thing until this season when we get some new next big things
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    hardhat said:

Lee Corso beat Don James twice reset

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The voice of a new generation - the Pepsi Jimmy Generation

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine thinking this Washington team isn't going to fucking roll this shit conference this year.
  • Options
    MaceothecatMaceothecat Member Posts: 47
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    jimmy keeps showing his dick and telling everyone how big it is.
    it isnt that big, but maybe he is a grower not a shower. otherwise, meh.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

jimmy keeps showing his dick and telling everyone how big it is.
    it isnt that big, but maybe he is a grower not a shower. otherwise, meh.

Are you Perry Ferrell’s cat by chance?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

hardhat said:

Lee Corso beat Don James twice reset

DJ should clearly have been fired at least 2x