Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,050 Founders Club
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    Never been impressed with Ale. Seems like the only thing people talk about is how big he is, not his play on the field.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,131
    Good. Let the best player take the spot.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Coaches have been really impressed with how Kalepo has improved holding a bag and are elevating him to 1st team RG

Night and day difference from his freshmen season.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    Clearly not ready to rumble.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Happy to know that Buelow and Kalepo are doing well enough to compete for the job. I didn’t think either was very good as a recruit, but big guys are hard to judge.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,540 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2021

Never been impressed with Ale. Seems like the only thing people talk about is how big he is, not his play on the field.

I remember when it was Ale vs Randazzo and Oregon fans saying Crystalballz picked Randazzo and UW fans saying 'DUH cuz Ale dropped Oregon' and thinking who fucking cares about these lead footed clods?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

I remember when it was Ale vs Randazzo and Oregon fans saying Crystalballz picked Randazzo and UW fans saying 'DUH cuz Ale dropped Oregon' and thinking who fucking cares about these lead footed clods?
    Pretty much. Ale has never been much more than a curiosity due to his size. I've never been real impressed with his play either. The guys mentioned as pushing him now looked like more of the same...huge and lead footed.

I'd rather have great athletes than giants on the line including the guard positions. I was hoping that Fataunu and Memelaar would be the guards by now.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,854 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dtd said:

Pretty much. Ale has never been much more than a curiosity due to his size. I've never been real impressed with his play either. The guys mentioned as pushing him now looked like more of the same...huge and lead footed.

I'd rather have great athletes than giants on the line including the guard positions. I was hoping that Fataunu and Memelaar would be the guards by now.
    Wasn’t Atoe(sp?) big as fuck? Didn’t go well for him IIRC.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dtd said:

Wasn’t Atoe(sp?) big as fuck? Didn’t go well for him IIRC.
    He started every game his senior year
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    chuck said:

dtd said:

He’s being replaced by other giants. I agree about Fataunu. Are Kalepo and/or Buelow the best OL on the bench?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dtd said:

He’s being replaced by other giants. I agree about Fataunu. Are Kalepo and/or Buelow the best OL on the bench?
    That's surprising to me as well.