Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I’m buying

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Oreilly Auto Parts. Started at $520. Still adding.
Etsy started at $165.
Tesla $600 puts

Long term plays along w my aforementioned

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I am more of an Autozone guy, myself. How's their stonk looking?
  • Options

I am more of an Autozone guy, myself. How's their stonk looking?

Fair. Oreilly earns higher returns on their capital. Higher margins and also serves local mechanics shops in addition to DIY. For those reasons, I prefer Oreilly
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Get in oreilly before earnings on Wednesday or after you think?
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Get in oreilly before earnings on Wednesday or after you think?

I bought more before. It's a long-term play for me but I think they'll exceed, again. Domino's last week euphoria? IDK. I like Oreilly a lot LT
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NAPA. O'Reilly's and Autozone are for late night desperation parts purchases.
  • Options

NAPA. O'Reilly's and Autozone are for late night desperation parts purchases.

Hard Pass on NAPA. POOR Capital Allocation. Low returns on capital. Shit margins. Explains their little to now growth.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021
    NAPA stores are always the most run down pieces of junk. Stupid or not, that's how I view their place in the market. Autozone and Oreilly's are in nice buildings built for them, not broken down gas stations which were last in operation in the 1950's.
  • Options
    Looks like a good day to get into Etsy. Scooped some at 193
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When I replaced the power steering pump/hoses in my truck recently, I first ordered parts on RockAuto because I'm lazy, then went to O'Reilly's, then Autozone, then NAPA.

RockAuto shipped the wrong parts and their site has no CS number or email, so I'm SOL, which left me hunting down replacement hoses after NAPA had closed. Had NAPA still been open, I would have gotten hoses that didn't leak right out of the package on the first go and saved myself over a hundred dollars and three hours.

This has been my experience over and over and over again. Want quality brake components for decent price? NAPA ultra premium line pads and rotors. Want to talk to somebody behind the counter who's actually seen under the hood of a car before and not some high school kid who can't tell you shit that you can't find for yourself on their website? Go to NAPA.

That O'Reilly's and Autozone are good stock buys and NAPA is shit is today's example of the race to the bottom in full effect. You don't pump up that stock value by paying employees well, improving customer service, and selling quality products--those moves are for losers. Hire retards to sell boatloads of cheap Chinese shit: Winning.
  • Options
    Nice ER from oreilly @Baseman
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Nice ER from oreilly @Baseman

Liked the revenue. FCF guidance was disappointing.

Well run company. 9.7X return over last 10 years vs. 4.6 for SP 500.

Reasonable multiple that shouldn't get whacked too hard in a pullback/correction.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Etsy started at $165.
    Tesla $600 puts

What are the expiration dates on your TSLA puts?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Damn Tesla is running
  • Options
    89ute said:

Baseman said:

Etsy started at $165.
    Tesla $600 puts

my weekly expired. Am going to put on another shortly. Getting cheaper. Not a matter
    of if, it’s when.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

89ute said:

Baseman said:

Etsy started at $165.
    Tesla $600 puts

my weekly expired. Am going to put on another shortly. Getting cheaper. Not a matter
    of if, it’s when.
    I hear nothing but horror stories from people that short Tesla.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Baseman said:

89ute said:

Baseman said:

Etsy started at $165.
    Tesla $600 puts

of if, it’s when.
    I buy put spreads where I can define my risk. Big difference between a naked short. Tesla is a real company with exciting products just like Cisco was at the heart of the DotCom boom where the internet was the rage and every company needed routers and switches.

With all products, buy cycles are cyclical. When you buy a Tesla you don’t buy another one tomorrow. Cisco offered high margin services and maintenance contracts.

Everything was ducky until investors had an epiphany and decided 100+ times earnings didn’t justify the price. Cisco’s generates
    4x more free cash flow today than 2000 along with a lower share count yet their market cap is half of its peak in 2000.

Anyone who bought Cisco in 2000 and still holding is still underwater 21 years later.

With that thesis in mind, I see Tesla ripe for a similar pullback.

It WILL happen, the question is when?

At the end of the day Tesla is a car company, a cool car company, but a car company.

Volkswagen, BMW and Mercedes are gaining share. VW trades for around 7x free cash flow. to Tesla’s 250.

If Tesla ever grows into that multiple they’re
    Going to have to sell a shit load more cars. It’s one thing to be a software company like Google or Adobe where incremental sales are almost 100% accretive to cash flow, cars not so much.

At some point investors will realize the risk is too great. Momentum traders and short squeeze is probably driving the stock right now.

Finally, rates are near an all time low 1.3% on the 10 year. Inflation is here and LOL at those predict it’s only transitory. At some point the Fed will take away the candy. At 1.3% investors have bid up multiples to stupid levels. They justify paying 100x for growth because that’s what they’d get buying a treasury. Once rates change the high multiple
    Stocks will collapse.

Crowdstrike, Palantir… what have you.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

89ute said:

Baseman said:

Etsy started at $165.
    Tesla $600 puts

of if, it’s when.
    I buy put spreads where I can define my risk. Big difference between a naked short. Tesla is a real company with exciting products just like Cisco was at the heart of the DotCom boom where the internet was the rage and every company needed routers and switches.

With all products, buy cycles are cyclical. When you buy a Tesla you don’t buy another one tomorrow. Cisco offered high margin services and maintenance contracts.

Everything was ducky until investors had an epiphany and decided 100+ times earnings didn’t justify the price. Cisco’s generates
    4x more free cash flow today than 2000 along with a lower share count yet their market cap is half of its peak in 2000.

Anyone who bought Cisco in 2000 and still holding is still underwater 21 years later.

At the end of the day Tesla is a car company, a cool car company, but a car company.

Volkswagen, BMW and Mercedes are gaining share. VW trades for around 7x free cash flow. to Tesla’s 250.

Going to have to sell a shit load more cars. It’s one thing to be a software company like Google or Adobe where incremental sales are almost 100% accretive to cash flow, cars not so much.

At some point investors will realize the risk is too great. Momentum traders and short squeeze is probably driving the stock right now.

Finally, rates are near an all time low 1.3% on the 10 year. Inflation is here and LOL at those predict it’s only transitory. At some point the Fed will take away the candy. At 1.3% investors have bid up multiples to stupid levels. They justify paying 100x for growth because that’s what they’d get buying a treasury. Once rates change the high multiple
    Stocks will collapse.

I'm sold
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

89ute said:

Baseman said:

Etsy started at $165.
    Tesla $600 puts

of if, it’s when.

Stocks will collapse.

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

89ute said:

Baseman said:

Etsy started at $165.
    Tesla $600 puts

of if, it’s when.

Stocks will collapse.

I'm sold

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

89ute said:

Baseman said:

Etsy started at $165.
    Tesla $600 puts

of if, it’s when.

Stocks will collapse.

I'm sold
    Or you could believe Morgan Stanley

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meant to only reply to greenblood, not sure how the graphic of ev sales plus reply to Baseman got all twisted up in here but it's a cool graphic anyway.

Tablet challenged.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,467
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I bought ASTR a few weeks ago at the urging of some friends after it dropped down to 8.50 or so. We'll see where that goes throughout the year.