Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Baseman raises Google to STRONG BUY. Price target $3,000

2»

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Wow. Just wow. $26.49 EPS for the quarter.

2021 analysts estimates were $60 which I thought was low. I forecasted $80 and now Google is on a $100+ EPS run rate for the year.

At 30 times current year earnings, I've assigned a $3,000 per share price target.

Highlights

Youtube: 6.5 billion daily views as of March, up from 3.5 billion at the end of 2020. That's a lot of ad impressions, folks. They continue buildout of Youtube Premium.

Cloud & Workspace: Q1 revenue grew 46% year-over-year. Cloud lost $1B but is scaling towards the inflection point where it will be cash-flow accretive. Google is pedal down on growing this business. They are third behind Amazon and Microsoft but they should close the gap.

Cash Flow Operations: $19.3 billion.

Free Cash Flow: $13.3 billion in the quarter. $50.7 billion for the trailing twelve months.

Cash Position: $135 billion in cash and marketable securities.

Buybacks: Approved an additional $50 billion. Google continues to reduced outstanding shares

Venture Arm: $4.8 billion, which primarily reflects unrealized gains in the value of investments in equity securities. Several early and late stage investments in high growth opportunity companies. https://www.gv.com/portfolio/

Other Bets

Biotech: Calico and its partner, AbbVie, announced that it has entered clinical-stage programs for new drug therapies for cancer and neurodegenerative diseases, like ALS, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injury.

Waymo: Considered the leader in autonomous driving. Still skepticism, unfounded long term in my opinion. Good read for perceptions of Waymo's adoption rate in Phoenix. https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/waymo-arizona-abrupt-stops-angry-residents-are-still-a-problem-11541896

Huge Quarter: $27.26 diluted. Killing it. Well on pace for over $100 for 2021.
    Glad I grabbed some more on the dip today