Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Baseman raises Google to STRONG BUY. Price target $3,000

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Wow. Just wow. $26.49 EPS for the quarter.

2021 analysts estimates were $60 which I thought was low. I forecasted $80 and now Google is on a $100+ EPS run rate for the year.

At 30 times current year earnings, I've assigned a $3,000 per share price target.

Highlights

Youtube: 6.5 billion daily views as of March, up from 3.5 billion at the end of 2020. That's a lot of ad impressions, folks. They continue buildout of Youtube Premium.

Cloud & Workspace: Q1 revenue grew 46% year-over-year. Cloud lost $1B but is scaling towards the inflection point where it will be cash-flow accretive. Google is pedal down on growing this business. They are third behind Amazon and Microsoft but they should close the gap.

Cash Flow Operations: $19.3 billion.

Free Cash Flow: $13.3 billion in the quarter. $50.7 billion for the trailing twelve months.

Cash Position: $135 billion in cash and marketable securities.

Buybacks: Approved an additional $50 billion. Google continues to reduced outstanding shares

Venture Arm: $4.8 billion, which primarily reflects unrealized gains in the value of investments in equity securities. Several early and late stage investments in high growth opportunity companies. https://www.gv.com/portfolio/

Other Bets

Biotech: Calico and its partner, AbbVie, announced that it has entered clinical-stage programs for new drug therapies for cancer and neurodegenerative diseases, like ALS, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injury.

Waymo: Considered the leader in autonomous driving. Still skepticism, unfounded long term in my opinion. Good read for perceptions of Waymo's adoption rate in Phoenix. https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/waymo-arizona-abrupt-stops-angry-residents-are-still-a-problem-11541896

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FAANG is rolling through earnings. At this rate, they'll be sponsoring another pandemic
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Like a tool shed I looked at it last year at $1000 Pandemic Peak and didn't pull trigger. Easiest double (+) you would ever make.

YouTube videos are watched one billion hours every. Netflix worldwide is about 500 million hours per day as of most recent statistics I could find fom May 2020.

Youtube cost for that content is nominal. Netflix spends billions yearly.

Any meaningful pullback 5%-8% I would initiate position.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sources said:

FAANG is rolling through earnings. At this rate, they'll be sponsoring another pandemic

TTTTT

YR, YK

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    I would, but I?ve already bet my life savings of thousands of Italian lira on Nio, DNN and UUUU as a hedge if EVs and nuclear energy make gas pumping obsolete in five years.

Thanks for the tips, though.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Baseman said:

2021 analysts estimates were $60 which I thought was low. I forecasted $80 and now Google is on a $100+ EPS run rate for the year.

At 30 times current year earnings, I've assigned a $3,000 per share price target.

Highlights

Youtube: 6.5 billion daily views as of March, up from 3.5 billion at the end of 2020. That's a lot of ad impressions, folks. They continue buildout of Youtube Premium.

Cloud & Workspace: Q1 revenue grew 46% year-over-year. Cloud lost $1B but is scaling towards the inflection point where it will be cash-flow accretive. Google is pedal down on growing this business. They are third behind Amazon and Microsoft but they should close the gap.

Free Cash Flow: $13.3 billion in the quarter. $50.7 billion for the trailing twelve months.

Buybacks: Approved an additional $50 billion. Google continues to reduced outstanding shares

Venture Arm: $4.8 billion, which primarily reflects unrealized gains in the value of investments in equity securities. Several early and late stage investments in high growth opportunity companies. https://www.gv.com/portfolio/

Other Bets

Biotech: Calico and its partner, AbbVie, announced that it has entered clinical-stage programs for new drug therapies for cancer and neurodegenerative diseases, like ALS, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injury.

Waymo: Considered the leader in autonomous driving. Still skepticism, unfounded long term in my opinion. Good read for perceptions of Waymo's adoption rate in Phoenix. https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/waymo-arizona-abrupt-stops-angry-residents-are-still-a-problem-11541896

They are the shit, no doubt. Their search engine is the only one worth a shit. Bing is garbage.

Google gonna rule the world. Just wach.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In. For couch cushion change but I’m in.
  • Options

The only thing that can hit Google is getting broken up on anti-trust ground, which, they probably should.

Agreed. But they legitimately are so much better than everyone else. Not like Microsoft, which was getting soft and just buying superior competitors just to kill them.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    Google cloud is far superior to aws and azure
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,871
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Google cloud is far superior to aws and azure

Unfortunately, don't trust any of them.

Wishing Elon would turn his sights to cloud services.

In Elon we trust.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

This accurately describes my quarterly bi-polar cycles. If only I was smart enough to find the similarities and timing, as it pertains to the market, I’d not be so pour.
  • Options

Nothing would please be more than to see Google plunge to $1,000 in the next 1 months
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Baseman said:

Nothing would please be more than to see Google plunge to 0 in the next 1 months
    Mark my words, Google won't exist a few years from now. Their Illicit AI Program poses a threat to the entire World.

Not to mention their rampant censorship of the Internet, and their complicity in the Covid Murder Vaccine Program.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Baseman said:

Nothing would please be more than to see Google plunge to 0 in the next 1 months
    Mark my words, Google won't exist a few years from now. Their Illicit AI Program poses a threat to the entire World.

Not to mention their rampant censorship of the Internet, and their complicity in the Covid Murder Vaccine Program.
    An infallible endorsement to buy GOOG. I'm in.
  • Options

My first upvote for you in a couple of years. This was good.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Words marked. I will check in with you in one year. If Google still exists, I'm going to run your Duck ass again.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Highlights

Other Bets

Huge Quarter: $27.26 diluted. Killing it. Well on pace for over $100 for 2021.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Highlights

Other Bets

Huge Quarter: $27.26 diluted. Killing it. Well on pace for over $100 for 2021.
    I'm all about that GCP