Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Thanks Taft!

Likewesayno.gif
  • Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Jimmy Lake is Ballz. Prove me wrong.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,338
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We're really taking Betteridge's Law for a spin around here lately.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We're really taking Betteridge's Law for a spin around here lately.

I had to look. I'm sure everyone else already knows but this is funny

Betteridge's Law
    A parodic scientific law stating that any headline ending in a question mark can safely be answered with "no." Extremely useful in this age of clickbait.
    Clickbait: "Did this man cure cancer by spreading dog shit on his face?? The answer will amaze you!!"

Smart guy: "No. If it was true then it wouldn't need the question mark."

Clickbait: "But don't people enjoy suspenseful headlines?? The answer is astounding!!"

Smart guy: "Betteridge's Law." (Keeps scrolling.)
  • Options
    lvdlvd Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I would bet Don James back in the day was a lousy recruiter. All he probably had to say was, "We're here to win" and let the behind the scenes coaching and on the field performance do the talking. Recruits would come to UW because they consistently overachieved in all the games regardless of their opponent. Jimmy lake will have to do the same. That's pretty much the only way to compete with the way the landscape is setting up with amateur money making and other deals behind the scenes.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,696
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    You can compete for a pac 12 title with Easterns roster
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lvd said:

I would bet Don James back in the day was a lousy recruiter. All he probably had to say was, "We're here to win" and let the behind the scenes coaching and on the field performance do the talking. Recruits would come to UW because they consistently overachieved in all the games regardless of their opponent. Jimmy lake will have to do the same. That's pretty much the only way to compete with the way the landscape is setting up with amateur money making and other deals behind the scenes.

What the fuck are you taking about?
  • Options

lvd said:

You'd lose the bet

James was the closer.
    if you're right, there must be stories about it. anyways, It's all about development and overachievement now if the school doesn't have the resources to "fund" players. College football is about to get very interesting. Teams might be better off not recruiting 5 star players who will get big money deals and become a distraction to their teams....However 3 star player who overachieve could get compromised psychologically as well as soon as they start showing some potential on the field.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lots of stories

Don't be fooled by that stoic sideline demeanor
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489
    mrdoog said:

Jimmy Lake is Ballz. Prove me wrong.

I'll prove you wrong

Ballz cares about UW football
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Don James may have quit on his team but I doubt he was lazy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

lvd said:

lvd said:

You'd lose the bet

James was the closer.
    if you're right, there must be stories about it. anyways, It's all about development and overachievement now if the school doesn't have the resources to "fund" players. College football is about to get very interesting. Teams might be better off not recruiting 5 star players who will get big money deals and become a distraction to their teams....However 3 star player who overachieve could get compromised psychologically as well as soon as they start showing some potential on the field.
    Survived a driveby at Beno Bryant's house to get his commit IIRC
    Different Strokes Todd shooting i think

Could be an urban legend

But a shooting
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

lvd said:

lvd said:

You'd lose the bet

James was the closer.
    Survived a driveby at Beno Bryant's house to get his commit IIRC
    Different Strokes Todd shooting i think

Could be an urban legend

But a shooting
    Don James was OKG
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1992-12-19-sp-2090-story.html

Quick search didn't find it but Beno did get a car

UW was serious then
  • Options

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1992-12-19-sp-2090-story.html

Quick search didn't find it but Beno did get a car

UW was serious then

Bryant said Washington Coach Don James asked him about the car about two weeks ago. ". . . Coach James said if you got that car from an agent, you’re ineligible,” Bryant said.

----------------------------------------

That's pretty funny story. Agents and coaches apparently can work independently not knowing what the other side is doing