Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some watch shots

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I've sold off most of my expensive watches sans the FP Journes. I am trying hard to be an everyman like you turds, vice the baller I once was. In related news, found out I have 3 illegitimate kids and they all won their court cases for child support.

I have a couple of cool "cheaper" alternatives coming in soon. I will be sure to update the thread when they arrive.

There are so many people who will never learn of this because it's buried in a watch thread.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021
    Just got what I think is a pretty cool watch. Hermes H08. But wait, Hermes? I thought they made ladies handbags! Turns out in addition to being the worlds preeminent handbag maker and luxury lifestyle brand, they have started making watches. Well, they have made watches for ages, but they started taking it very seriously in the last couple years. They bought a small high end horology movement and dial maker, designed their first men's watch from scratch with in house vertical manufacture, and released it a few months ago. Sold out instantly. Crazy eh?

I never would have though I'd buy a Hermes watch, but a display case back, full in house movement, titanium deployant clasp, thin case profile, aggressive styling and 100m WR, all for less than 6 grand? Yep, I can see why it's popular.

Love how they cleverly "hid" the date.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Just got what I think is a pretty cool watch. Hermes H08. But wait, Hermes? I thought they made ladies handbags! Turns out in addition to being the worlds preeminent handbag maker and luxury lifestyle brand, they have started making watches. Well, they have made watches for ages, but they started taking it very seriously in the last couple years. They bought a small high end horology movement and dial maker, designed their first men's watch from scratch with in house vertical manufacture, and released it a few months ago. Sold out instantly. Crazy eh?

I never would have though I'd buy a Hermes watch, but a display case back, full in house movement, titanium deployant clasp, thin case profile, aggressive styling and 100m WR, all for less than 6 grand? Yep, I can see why it's popular.

Such superior Euro fag kultur
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Do you ever accidentally call your watch a Herpes? That is a massive departure from the Rolex style stuff. It's something I would say is nice looking, but outside of my wheelhouse as far as buying one.
    Founders Club
    Top two: What I want

Last one: What I'll end up being able to afford

Swaye's Wigwam

I will fuck you up 7-11 style if you take my Blue Dial Heritage Seamaster 300 @BleachedAnusDawg !!
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Do you ever accidentally call your watch a Herpes? That is a massive departure from the Rolex style stuff. It's something I would say is nice looking, but outside of my wheelhouse as far as buying one.
    Lulz. I thought the same thing when I first saw the watch.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

If you like that vintage look, the Oris divers 65 is a pretty great value. You can get them new on secondary market around 1100-1500 dollars depending on strap.

I love mine, recently bought a sail cloth rally strap for it from gheckko watches

Edit for photos:

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Sad to see another Injun succumb to the white man's colonial ways. I suppose it started with the Jeep and CLS.

"From where the sun now stands, check out this bitchin' Rolex!" - Chief Joseph.
    Founders Club

That blue Omega is stupid nice.
    Founders Club
    Classic and timeless cool. The destro just ups the ante to a new level.
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

After years of flirting from afar, I've finally taken the plunge into the seductive Waters of the Paneristi.

As a dominant lefty this is my first watch designed for me and I couldn't be happier with the result.

Shout out to the Orkin man @Swaye for helping me navigate this weirdly intoxicating genre of luxury watches.

Massive, simple, and unapologetic.

Palms too wrinkly.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Congrats, @BleachedAnusDawg ... Nice watch.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Turning 40 has its perks! Got to pick up my Tudor Black Bay 58 last night from the local AD. All I'd owned prior to this were Seikos and G-Shocks, which I still love, but the Tudor is (obviously) on a whole 'nother level. Just the feel of the steel is different different, let alone the precision of the machining, polish, how the clasp operates, the action of the bezel, etc being beyond what I thought it would be. Jumping from a 3Hz to 4Hz movement is also a big difference. Sorry for the huge pictures.

Bad ass watch you fucker.