Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Benjamin Morrison, 2022 3* DB, Phoenix (Brophy College Prep), AZ (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hopefully a kicker isn’t part of the two commits
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    DM guys kept saying that it wasn't fair to judge Harris on the past few years and that was going to be the 22-23 guys that was proof of his prowess.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

DM guys kept saying that it wasn't fair to judge Harris on the past few years and that was going to be the 22-23 guys that was proof of his prowess.

And now they are saying you can't judge him because the db room is STACKED so it's hard to get recruits
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    chuck said:

Those faggots. Harris was here for how long before Pete left? He was supposed to be doing the behind the scenes recruiting of future classes beginning several years ago IIRC. The guys he's missing on now are mostly guys he was supposed to be laying the groundwork for.
    FUCK DOOGMAN! What the fuck have Harris and Brown been doing the entire COVID year? Get on a fucking zoom call and build relationships or get the fuck out.

Lake get your head out of your ass and hire some recruiters on staff instead of "yes" men
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Final 3 of UW, Bama, and ND. Here is what he said about UW

ON HIS CONNECTION WITH DB COACH WILL HARRIS AND ASSISTANT DB COACH TERRENCE BROWN
    "I would say the relationship is very personable. It feels like you're talking to a big brother almost. It's very personable."

ON HIS OFFICIAL VISIT TO WASHINGTON
    "The city itself, it's a beautiful city. That was a major takeaway for me. Being able to see the city and where the school is located at. It felt like home."

ON WASHINGTON HEAD COACH JIMMY LAKE
    "Coach Lake is awesome. I fell in love with coach Lake from when I started talking to him. When I say he's a players coach, he's a players coach. He knows every single player by heart. He knows about four things that no one knows about them and only he knows those specific things about those players. I really appreciate that about them.

Did he announce a date for when he’s choosing Notre Dame?
    Yes, the day he gave this interview.

CP would be very proud of him for saying all the right things without just coming out and saying I'm not coming here.

Morrison talks about the DB Coaches like I would have talked about my Burger King Assistant Manager in High School pitching me on going in management there. WTF are you trying to sell me?

• Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

2028 is going to be lit!
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    Swaye's Wigwam

ON HIS CONNECTION WITH DB COACH WILL HARRIS AND ASSISTANT DB COACH TERRENCE BROWN
    "I would say the relationship is very personable. It feels like you're talking to a big brother almost. It's very personable."

"The city itself, it's a beautiful city. That was a major takeaway for me. Being able to see the city and where the school is located at. It felt like home."

"Coach Lake is awesome. I fell in love with coach Lake from when I started talking to him. When I say he's a players coach, he's a players coach. He knows every single player by heart. He knows about four things that no one knows about them and only he knows those specific things about those players. I really appreciate that about them.

The difference in what he says about Lake and Harris/Brown is telling why our DB recruiting suffered once Lake was promoted to DC
    This all day. Harris and Brown have such difficulty connecting with top DB's on any level, that not even Lake can walk down the distance between the two in terms of serious consideration.

If JL hasn't seen enough from Harris at this point......

But then again he kept and then as the topper gave Bob G a promotion to DC.

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    godawgst said:

The difference in what he says about Lake and Harris/Brown is telling why our DB recruiting suffered once Lake was promoted to DC
    This all day. Harris and Brown have such difficulty connecting with top DB's on any level, that not even Lake can walk down the distance between the two in terms of serious consideration.

If JL hasn't seen enough from Harris at this point......

But then again he kept and then as the topper gave Bob G a promotion to DC.

Jimmy is too arrogant and stubborn to go outside his already limited tree. If he ever dumps Harris he'll just replace him with a GA.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Another thing that doesn't make any sense about DB recruiting is the Bookie situation. Guy seems to be legitimately popular in the college football world in general and he is so far happy with the coaching, scheme, and team he has here, after coming from oklahoma!. How do you fuck up that clout? How are these morons this bad at this? The more I think about it the less it makes any sense.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 337
    Our CB signees last year were an unknown dude who's torn one of his ACLs twice. The other kid tore his ACL once. Both undersized.
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    Ektard has now switched his CB to ND. Onto the next commit hopefully Tafiti.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

One thing I learned from Eklund's article is that ND's db coach (who beat out our 2 db coaches) is entering his 2nd year, meaning his only experience as a recruiter was during the covid dead period year.

He's been the CBs coach at Idaho, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, and now ND.

Still doesn't mean Harris and Brown aren't fucking terrible.
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

One thing I learned from Eklund's article is that ND's db coach (who beat out our 2 db coaches) is entering his 2nd year, meaning his only experience as a recruiter was during the covid dead period year.

Mickens (DB coach), was known as a top young DB coach who was taking 2 Stars nobody wanted & making them All Conference as Freshmen & Sophomores, and getting G5 kids to the NFL.
    Freeman, (the new DC), was rated the 4th best recruiter in the country by 247 before getting to ND. He was from Ohio State, (NFL too), then was the lead recruiter & DC that turned Cincinnati into a top 10 team. He chose ND over LSU & a few other SEC schools. Since he was hired 6 months ago he offered and received commitments from the following 4 & 5 Star kids:
    LB Burnham (top 100 Michigan legacy)
    LB Jr Nuiafe (top 100 flipped from USC)
    LB Sneed (top 30, 5 Star MVP)
    DE Ford (top 100,
    DE Vernon (9th Overall ‘23, OSU Flip)
    DE Keeley (top 100 ‘23, Florida)
    DE Gobraia (top 150, PSU Flip)
    DE Agu (Over Bama & Clemson)
    CB Mickey (top 150, California)
    CB Moore (4 Star Over Florida & Bama)
    CB Bellamy (4 Star, PSU Flip)
    And now possibly CB Morrison, who committed to Lake as a 10 year old in a hand written letter.
    Already picks in the ‘23 class for 5 Star LBs Bowen (from Indiana near ND) and Styles (brother Lorenzo on ND now) & top 100 overall DT Montgomery.

Marcus Freeman is an animal. Mike Mickens is also a great recruiter too.