Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is going on at UW Men's Hoops?

Comments

• JimBasnightJimBasnight Member Posts: 14
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Will Conroy needs to go elsewhere and get mentored. People do realize he's been involved with this debacle through two failed head coaches, right? At what point does he lose the immunity idol?

If he's serious about being a coach, get on a staff somewhere else and outside the echo chamber of the Garfield/UW/Seattle AAU echo chamber.

Dick suckers like @JimBasnight have created this urban myth Conroy is irreplaceable or some magic key to the Seattle riches.

Fuck off, Jim.

Romar was not a failed coach. He was by a good bit the most successful head coach at UW, eclipsing Harshman (though I love Marv too). You're tough guy internet talk makes you look smaller, not bigger BTW. "The Garfield/UW/Seattle/AAU echo chamber" sounds like a dog whistle frankly.

This sounds mysteriously like the guys who were trying to tell me that Gerry McNamara would be a better UW recruit than MPJ. Just preposterous. Conroy would do well to pay more dues and his ability to sustain Romar's success in the living rooms of Seattle/Tacoma kid's parents and advisors has not proven to be as effective as I'd like to have seen.

But Will is a good and loyal guy and has achieved some experience in the process. I like the idea of him proving he can coach in a different situation and I've said so publicly, but he could also be a big asset someday for UW too.

He is the all-time assist guy who can be a good teacher in a system which can recruit guards. Frankly, I think bringing in Daejon and Terrell is a good opportunity for him to demonstrate that and I feel he's got a very good shot at doing so.
    @PurpleThrobber

I hope you are taking notes from a noted Internet tough guy on how to be an Internet tough guy
    Basnight is a dipshit. Why would I give a fuck what he thinks?

Dog whistle my Dick, Jim. Sycophant.

Very tough. Sycophant is a word I endorse. That's an improvement in your vocabulary. I'm glad I gave you that library card. You probably only went to read Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly books. At least you're reading.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Brilliant comedy.... a+ word combinations: graphic visualizations
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Will Conroy needs to go elsewhere and get mentored. People do realize he's been involved with this debacle through two failed head coaches, right? At what point does he lose the immunity idol?

If he's serious about being a coach, get on a staff somewhere else and outside the echo chamber of the Garfield/UW/Seattle AAU echo chamber.

Dick suckers like @JimBasnight have created this urban myth Conroy is irreplaceable or some magic key to the Seattle riches.

Fuck off, Jim.

Romar was not a failed coach. He was by a good bit the most successful head coach at UW, eclipsing Harshman (though I love Marv too). You're tough guy internet talk makes you look smaller, not bigger BTW. "The Garfield/UW/Seattle/AAU echo chamber" sounds like a dog whistle frankly.

This sounds mysteriously like the guys who were trying to tell me that Gerry McNamara would be a better UW recruit than MPJ. Just preposterous. Conroy would do well to pay more dues and his ability to sustain Romar's success in the living rooms of Seattle/Tacoma kid's parents and advisors has not proven to be as effective as I'd like to have seen.

But Will is a good and loyal guy and has achieved some experience in the process. I like the idea of him proving he can coach in a different situation and I've said so publicly, but he could also be a big asset someday for UW too.

He is the all-time assist guy who can be a good teacher in a system which can recruit guards. Frankly, I think bringing in Daejon and Terrell is a good opportunity for him to demonstrate that and I feel he's got a very good shot at doing so.
    @PurpleThrobber

I hope you are taking notes from a noted Internet tough guy on how to be an Internet tough guy

Very tough. Sycophant is a word I endorse. That's an improvement in your vocabulary. I'm glad I gave you that library card. You probably only went to read Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly books. At least you're reading.
    People still go to the library?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Fuck off, Jim.

@PurpleThrobber

Don't flatter yourself. You've never given the Throbber fuck all other than myopic fodder upon which to shit. Congrats on taking the top spot of coach-dick-sucking groupie. Ruth will be pissed.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off, Jim.

@PurpleThrobber

Our has been closed for over a year
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off, Jim.

@PurpleThrobber

Our has been closed for over a year
    Just figured everything was online now
  • PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Hopkins to Syracuse makes my pussy moist

Hopkins to Syracuse makes my pussy moist

J?

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck off, Jim.

There was exactly one P5 program that would have hired Conroy as a Asst. Coach first time out of the box, and had he not went to UW we wouldn't have either.

Can make same case for Qunicy as well.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

Fuck off, Jim.

There was exactly one P5 program that would have hired Conroy as a Asst. Coach first time out of the box, and had he not went to UW we wouldn't have either.

I don't have a huge problem with giving a former 5 star recruit who spent 9 years in the league and made over $20 million a shot at an assistant coaching gig. It just has to be exactly that - a shot. Show what you can do, develop quickly, or move on.

Giving a local hero like Conroy a shot wasn't terrible either. Keeping him after accomplishing nothing in his eight years or whatever is malpractice.
    Q-Pon was a 5-star???

dnc said:

godawgst said:

Fuck off, Jim.

I don't have a huge problem with giving a former 5 star recruit who spent 9 years in the league and made over $20 million a shot at an assistant coaching gig. It just has to be exactly that - a shot. Show what you can do, develop quickly, or move on.

Giving a local hero like Conroy a shot wasn't terrible either. Keeping him after accomplishing nothing in his eight years or whatever is malpractice.
    Q-Pon was a 5-star???
    Pondexter was born on March 10, 1988 in Fresno, California. As a high school senior, Pondexter was a highly sought after recruit, rated five stars and the 16th best prospect in the 2006 class by Scout.com.[2] Pondexter eventually signed a letter-of-intent with the University of Washington, over scholarship offers from Arizona, Connecticut, and Memphis.[3] Washington's 2006 recruiting class of Pondexter, Spencer Hawes, Adrian Oliver, and Phil Nelson was rated amongst the top in the country. They were ranked sixth overall by Scout.com,[4] and eighth overall by Rivals.com.[5]
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

godawgst said:

Fuck off, Jim.

Q-Anon was a 5-star???

Couldn't help it

dnc said:

godawgst said:

Fuck off, Jim.

Q-Pon was a 5-star???
    Played on the same HS team as the Lopez Twins
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

Fuck off, Jim.

Racist.

Dog whistle.

Racist.

• RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    Pretty sad how out of touch this guy is. Someone lock him in a home or something.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The only way Conroy or QPon are valuable at this point is recruiting. Conroy hasn’t done very well at it.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The only way Conroy or QPon are valuable at this point is recruiting. Conroy hasn’t done very well at it.

I thinkni read somewhere that QPon has become a big name in the California AAU circuit so I'll give him a chance there. Conroy is worthless. The only reason he was hired is to keep local guys home. The only reason local guys have come to UW the last few years is if they go somewhere else first, suck ass, and then for some reason weet them come back here
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This is that woke fag from Twitter right?