Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comrade Fow Chee has decreed: Masks Foreva

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

Tequilla said:

“So it is conceivable that as we go on, a year or two or more from now, that during certain seasonal periods when you have respiratory-borne viruses like the flu, people might actually elect to wear masks to diminish the likelihood that you’ll spread these respiratory-borne diseases,” Fauci added.

You guys are out of your fucking minds.

Who are you calling you guys?
    So no response to what Fauci actually said? You had 10,000 words for it before you actually read it.
    You mean the Gateway Pundit warped the Fauci quote into a misleading headline to rile up a specific section of the population and people here were triggered by it as evidenced by almost every post in this thread? Get outta town.
    The problem with Fauci is that he’s effectively an academic that spouts off a lot of theory with an abundance of changing his tune ... in other words he’s super reactionary

Part of the problem we’ve had throughout the COVID period is frankly that we don’t have voices that are clear subject matter experts that people trust ...
    Experts like the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease?
  • PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    masks can actually do harm.

“Masks work!”.

80-year-old at risk individual with COPD hears this and says OK I can safely go to the grocery store and pick out my own groceries because this cloth mask will protect me.

They get Covid.

“But I did everything right!”

If masks work at all, it would be on a population level. Slightly decreasing individual risk of spreading Covid multiplied times millions of people. They don’t work the way the vast majority of people think they work. They don’t protect better than any vaccine can (Redfield). They aren’t and were never the most powerful tool we have to fight Covid (Biden).

If officials were more honest in their messaging as to who was most at risk and how those people should best protect themselves there may have been better results.

“Masks work!”.

80-year-old at risk individual with COPD hears this and says OK I can safely go to the grocery store and pick out my own groceries because this cloth mask will protect me.

They get Covid.

If masks work at all, it would be on a population level. Slightly decreasing individual risk of spreading Covid multiplied times millions of people. They don’t work the way the vast majority of people think they work. They don’t protect better than any vaccine can (Redfield). They aren’t and were never the most powerful tool we have to fight Covid (Biden).

If officials were more honest in their messaging as to who was most at risk and how those people should best protect themselves there may have been better results.

We’re in a thread of Trumpers throwing a fit because Fauci said “some people might elect to wear masks to prevent the flu”.

I know this is how moderates water down the bat shit right. “Well a lot of people are concerned about election fraud” as Trumpers storm the capitol. But when person A says something completely reasonable and people B lie about what person A said, you don’t get to blame the “messaging”.
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

Tequilla said:

“So it is conceivable that as we go on, a year or two or more from now, that during certain seasonal periods when you have respiratory-borne viruses like the flu, people might actually elect to wear masks to diminish the likelihood that you’ll spread these respiratory-borne diseases,” Fauci added.

So no response to what Fauci actually said? You had 10,000 words for it before you actually read it.
    You mean the Gateway Pundit warped the Fauci quote into a misleading headline to rile up a specific section of the population and people here were triggered by it as evidenced by almost every post in this thread? Get outta town.
    The problem with Fauci is that he’s effectively an academic that spouts off a lot of theory with an abundance of changing his tune ... in other words he’s super reactionary

Part of the problem we’ve had throughout the COVID period is frankly that we don’t have voices that are clear subject matter experts that people trust ...
    Experts like the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease?
    You’re not good at this
    Could you recommend someone more qualified? What’s Dr. Oz up to?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    No one cares about the capital protest. The left keeps trying to make it a thing. But it was a mildly interesting news story on some random workday.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

Tequilla said:

Whatever Fauci's clinical expertise are, he's been too scattershot with a camera or microphone in his face. The Hollywood beatification of Fauci wasn't his fault, but he sure did like it.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

Tequilla said:

You’re not good at this
    Could you recommend someone more qualified? What’s Dr. Oz up to?
    Not my job to recommend a different person

Good work though utilizing a classic Doog response though
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

“Masks work!”.

They get Covid.

We’re in a thread of Trumpers throwing a fit because Fauci said “some people might elect to wear masks to prevent the flu”.

I know this is how moderates water down the bat shit right. “Well a lot of people are concerned about election fraud” as Trumpers storm the capitol. But when person A says something completely reasonable and people B lie about what person A said, you don’t get to blame the “messaging”.
    Could you use any more sweeping generalizations?

Is it possible that the reason people aren’t thrilled is because people are concerned that the government may overstep its boundaries going forward?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2021

Ever heard of floating a trial balloon? You are being conditioned by the government and are too stupid to recognize it.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ever heard of floating a trial balloon? You are being conditioned by the government and are too stupid to recognize it.
    Being?

That shipped sailed a looong time ago.

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Do people actually think at all?

Why was the flu virtually nonexistent this year:

1) COVID effectively was a substitute for the flu

2) Because so many worked from home and we effectively eliminated much of the person to person interaction ... we effectively eliminated the spread of the flu through traditional means

3) Masks

Problem is that people like Fauci that clearly have agendas are going to anchor to masks as the savior. It’s at best a contributing factor but almost assuredly not the redeeming reason.

I wish more people would be able to think critically ... but we’re trying to eliminate that from schooling so what are you going to do

Yup, I am on some lib sites and they think it should be mandated in stores every flu season from now on. F off
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,699
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2021
    Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

Tequilla said:

The problem with Fauci is that he’s effectively an academic phucking ignorant hates America bureaucrat that spouts off a lot of theory with an abundance of changing his tune ... in other words he’s super reactionary

Thank god that Cho Bai Den has taken charge and restored our national prestige by rejoining the Chicom controlled WHO and get to pay half the bills.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

“Masks work!”.

They get Covid.

You'd have a little more credibility on this topic if you yourself hadn't been caught lying so many times Kobe.