Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA ratings fall again

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

All the best players are always "injured". Nothing like watching a double header of the Nets backups playing the Sixers backups followed by the second team for the Lakers taking on the Clippers without Kawhi and George. Hard pass. I'd rather listen to Elise Woodward butcher a Husky softball game on the corpse of the P12 Network. I might tune in for the playoffs when all these legends will miraculously be nurtured back to health.

Lakers v Clippers for the right to face the Nets

Nothing else matters
    There's something off with the Clips (ILTCTTC). No chemistry, some selfish veterans.

Probably Lakers v Suns.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2021
    I think Americans in general are pretty much done with the NBA. The players would be better off going overseas and playing in the Euro and Chinese leagues. Pretty soon those markets will be more profitable for the players anyway.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

All the best players are always "injured". Nothing like watching a double header of the Nets backups playing the Sixers backups followed by the second team for the Lakers taking on the Clippers without Kawhi and George. Hard pass. I'd rather listen to Elise Woodward butcher a Husky softball game on the corpse of the P12 Network. I might tune in for the playoffs when all these legends will miraculously be nurtured back to health.

Lakers v Clippers for the right to face the Nets

Nothing else matters
    There's something off with the Clips (ILTCTTC). No chemistry, some selfish veterans.

Probably Lakers v Suns.
    The Clippers will be the Clippers

Some things stay the same
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The league just isn’t that interesting until the playoffs. And even then it’s just a few teams that have a serious shot.

Too many games. 82 game regular season plus 7 game playoff series? Yawn
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I was disappointed in Bron's China comments (and hypocrisy). As evidenced in this thread though 99.9% of the anti-GOAT arguments for him are rooted in some sort of political angst (even if not explicit). Which is too bad because he's unequivocally the greatest basketball player of all time, by almost every relevant metric you can pull.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

I was disappointed in Bron's China comments (and hypocrisy). As evidenced in this thread though 99.9% of the anti-GOAT arguments for him are rooted in some sort of political angst (even if not explicit). Which is too bad because he's unequivocally the greatest basketball player of all time, by almost every relevant metric you can pull.

He should probably shut up then. He opens himself up to criticism with his poorly thought out comments.

Also, fuck outta here with the greatest stuff.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Gladstone said:

Unequivocally?

Physically you might be right. But the game is more than that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

I hated LeBron long before he said anything political (or at least before I knew he did).

I think he's unequivocally in the top 2 with a real argument for #1. I don't think he's the clearcut #1 though.

I hate MJ too fwiw.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was a Dr J, Magic, and Kareem guy with Earl Monroe as my role model so it took me a long time to warm up to MJ. Happened last year watching the Last Dance

Always been a Lebron fan on court. It is rare to live up to or exceed the hype and both Lebron and Tiger did it. Remarkable even with the flaws
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Idk the product is not that good as it used to be. Have to wait for the playoffs for some competitive games. Also everyone is abusing the resting players policy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Idk the product is not that good as it used to be. Have to wait for the playoffs for some competitive games. Also everyone is abusing the resting players policy.

For all his faults Stern was the boss and the players respected him even if they didn't like him

Silver is weak and the inmates are running the asylum. The league mandated that players play in national TV games and the players said fuck off

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,899
    Founders Club

I was a Dr J, Magic, and Kareem guy with Earl Monroe as my role model so it took me a long time to warm up to MJ. Happened last year watching the Last Dance

Always been a Lebron fan on court. It is rare to live up to or exceed the hype and both Lebron and Tiger did it. Remarkable even with the flaws

I was a Dr J, Moses Malone and Andrew Toney guy
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

LBJ isn’t the best player of all time ... and definitely not by almost every relevant metric

GTFO with this terrible take

MJ would wipe the court with LBJ
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,769
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

LBJ isn’t the best player of all time ... and definitely not by almost every relevant metric

GTFO with this terrible take

MJ would wipe the court with LBJ
    You misspelled Larry Bird.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    James would break Larry in two
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Noticed Jeremy Lin’s name is missing from y’all’s lists.

I think we know why
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021

Gladstone said:

Unequivocally?

Physically you might be right. But the game is more than that.
    We’re really going to pretend like he doesn’t have one of, if not the highest basketball IQ’s in the NBA? He’s playing chess against a bunch of guys playing checkers.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The China shit was bad, but the players were pissed because they were the ones in China that actually had to answer for Morey’s comments.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,769
    edited April 2021

James would break Larry in two

Lebron would cry at the things Larry would do to him.