Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's tim

2»

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I feel like I say this every season, but I never understood the hate for Gonzaga on this bored. It’s like hating on Boise State.

Great game. I know jack shit about college basketball, so I don’t know if Gonzaga had an off night, are overrated, played down to UCLA’s level...I don’t care. It was fun to watch.

You’re a doog if it even took this long to recognize Gonzaga’s greatness. They are a premier program and they aren’t going anywhere.
    Curious, Roadie, do you consider Boise State to be a premiere football program? If not, how are they different from Gonzaga?

Serious question. Please be kind.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I feel like I say this every season, but I never understood the hate for Gonzaga on this bored. It’s like hating on Boise State.

Great game. I know jack shit about college basketball, so I don’t know if Gonzaga had an off night, are overrated, played down to UCLA’s level...I don’t care. It was fun to watch.

Co-signed. Why do people hate #MyZags so much?
    Combination of jealousy and Few
    What’s wrong with Mark Few? Did he run over some Doog’s dog?
    He is a pompous prick. That said I wish he was our coach. I am pro zag. They play an entertaining brand of ball and historically had done it with a lot of local talent. They have moved to more.of a national strategy but still.
    Watson off the bench would probably be UW’s best player.
    Quite easily. Cook would be second best.
    You could take that statement deep into their bench.
    Do they have a bench? Few only played 7 guys.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

You’re a doog if it even took this long to recognize Gonzaga’s greatness. They are a premier program and they aren’t going anywhere.
    Curious, Roadie, do you consider Boise State to be a premiere football program? If not, how are they different from Gonzaga?

Boise is never going to the national championship game.

Gonzaga hoops > Boise football.

Buttfuck em both.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I hate Gonzaga because of their fans. They act like they’re gods gift to college basketball and everyone should love them, and it’s annoying as fuck.

Hurtful
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Lotta hatters in here.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

Buttfuck em both.
    Touche. I forgot about the 0regon is better than washington because oregon has lost the title game while washington has only been named ncaa champ three or four times.

Thanks
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2021
    EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

Buttfuck em both.
    Touche. I forgot about the 0regon is better than washington because oregon has lost the title game while washington has only been named ncaa champ three or four times.

Thanks
    What are you blabbering about? Neither Gonzaga nor Boise have won a title. But the former is at least positioned to win one. Plenty of mid majors have turned into dynasties in basketball. Not so for football.
    EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

Buttfuck em both.

Thanks
    Bringing up championships in a Gonzaga-Boise comparison?

Weird flex but ok.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

Buttfuck em both.

Thanks
    What are you blabbering about? Neither Gonzaga nor Boise have won a title. But the former is at least positioned to win one. Plenty of mid majors have turned into dynasties in basketball. Not so for football.
    Made me look at the list of champions

Villanova and UNLV are it for mid majors going all the way. The list is surprisingly blue blood even in the new era

There are Gonzaga types out there; They just don't FINISH either

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_men%27s_basketball_champions

EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

Buttfuck em both.

Thanks
    Made me look at the list of champions

Villanova and UNLV are it for mid majors going all the way. The list is surprisingly blue blood even in the new era

There are Gonzaga types out there; They just don't FINISH either

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_men%27s_basketball_champions
    Not sure you can count Nova, the Big East isn't generally considered a mid major.

OTOH in the last 14 years you've had mid majors in the championship game five times: Gonzaga and Butler twice and Memphis once.

There's as significantly better chance of pulling it off in hoops than in football where there's basically no chance.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would agree that Nova is a major in basketball but I was searching for any mid major to win. The Butler Brick Layers were immortalized in a podcast. Basketball the last 14 years is close to the change of the whole game with one and done. Florida going back to back was one of the last teams to come back. Mid majors benefit from this because they keep guys around.