Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Free pub for Mario

RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
There is a new TV show, a biographical look at the life of 2032 presidential candidate Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. It is titled Young Rock. The Pebble would have also been a good title.

I haven’t watched it, as I am currently engrossed in another Miami based show: season three of Dexter. I hear it’s only going to get better from here. Episode 4 is about his football days at The U. The Rock’s position coach Ed Orgeron gets a lot of screen time, as does the villainous Mario Cristobal. Coach O has the two go against each other in the Oklahoma drill, where Cristobal injures the freshman’s shoulder.

I was balling my ass off, and I was going to be the only freshman not to redshirt that year. We were preparing to play the season opener against BYU, and in our last two-a-day practice, I was going up against a badass offensive lineman—Mario Cristobal, who is a great friend and is now the head coach of the University of Oregon.
“During that play I got hurt. I tore everything in my shoulder, which meant that I redshirted and spent the season on injured reserve. I was so depressed during that stretch

From what I’ve seen my biggest takeaway is that some asshole got the chance to play Coach O and this is the worst Coach O impression I’ve ever heard. How the fuck do you blow this opportunity? Embarrassing.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Does that put Mario on the 94 Canes who blew the home winning streak to our DAWGS?

Rock and Ray Lewis were. Warren Sapp made sure the DAWGS received both kick offs

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2021

Does that put Mario on the 94 Canes who blew the home winning streak to our DAWGS?

Rock and Ray Lewis were. Warren Sapp made sure the DAWGS received both kick offs

No, his last season was 92
  • Options

No, but Mario was a GA on the Miami staff in 2000 when they lost in Seattle. That was a crazy year, it really should have been UW playing Oklahoma in the BCS.

2000 was my last year of college football innocence, ruined by Joey 5-picks and the subsequent 2001 BCS fuckaroo - but, I digress.
  • Options
    I’m curious what Mario was like in college. His 1991 team pic makes me think beer bongs and cocaine were weekday activities.

Yet he also passed the two year background check for the Secret Service, and back then if you said you even took a puff of the reefer just once you’d be disqualified. Found that out after months of doing my Navy Marine-option ROTC thing, no one told me you had to lie through your teeth. But I find it hard to believe a guy on those 80s/90s Miami teams wasn’t burying his face in tits and piles of blow on the regular.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I’m curious what Mario was like in college. His 1991 team pic makes me think beer bongs and cocaine were weekday activities.

Yet he also passed the two year background check for the Secret Service, and back then if you said you even took a puff of the reefer just once you’d be disqualified. Found that out after months of doing my Navy Marine-option ROTC thing, no one told me you had to lie through your teeth. But I find it hard to believe a guy on those 80s/90s Miami teams wasn’t burying his face in tits and piles of blow on the regular.

Doesn't look to me like a guy that's doing a lot of blow. Pizza? Yes, blow no.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Clear-cut case of abundance.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam

No, but Mario was a GA on the Miami staff in 2000 when they lost in Seattle. That was a crazy year, it really should have been UW playing Oklahoma in the BCS.

2000 was my last year of college football innocence, ruined by Joey 5-picks and the subsequent 2001 BCS fuckaroo - but, I digress.
    That's a good nugget. Meat has more reasons to laugh like an idiot hyena in 2019 other than just because he watched a bad L in 2017 as an OL coach.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,069
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

That's a good nugget. Meat has more reasons to laugh like an idiot hyena in 2019 other than just because he watched a bad L in 2017 as an OL coach.
    How many Rose Bowel wins does UW have in the last 20 years? Oh, what's that?

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

haie said:

How many Rose Bowel wins does UW have in the last 20 years? Oh, what's that?

lol.

Oregon.

Truck stop school, as they say.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

No idea what either of you are trying to say here, but I pointed this out at the time he was hired. Widely credited as a critical part of the recruiting engine behind the 98 to 2000 talent run that happened at Miami and the first place he showed his considerable recruiting chops.

He then left with Monkey Boy to Rutgers, a theretofore perennial college football wasteland that could rival Temple, and led the effort to amass the talent that had Rutgers pretty damn competitive.

So, again, whatever it is you're trying to say, the one thing you can't deny is that guy can bring in talent. Butch Davis and the Washington defensive effort in the first half are what won that game.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Cristobal is a prep school kid from Miami Columbus, and has an overwhelming rep as being straight as an arrow. My brother is a Columbus kid and said the same thing - Crisco's rep is squeaky. We'll have to keep looking.
  • Options

Cristobal is a prep school kid from Miami Columbus, and has an overwhelming rep as being straight as an arrow. My brother is a Columbus kid and said the same thing - Crisco's rep is squeaky. We'll have to keep looking.
    Secret Service approval, older brother is a cop, stern looking conservative Cuban immigrant parents - it all adds up as him being the clean, type A overachiever. That ilk, as they say around here.

I still have a glimmer of hope he’s got a fun side. Bachelor until his mid-30s. Did some MMA. Spent two years in Amsterdam during the mid-90s, when both EDM and BDSM were all the rage in Europe. But I’m okay if he’s a square that delivers results. Dana Holgorsen will do a line off a stripper while his wife is going to town on her - and look what that gets you.