Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TBS Commit Alert

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    in all seriousness for as shitty as the old staff was at recruiting offensive tackles this is a good sign. Even if he doesn't end up signing with us at least these guys look to project talent instead of offering a bunch of guards and convincing themselves they are tackles.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Beaverton Oregon? Yea come get me when Petersen lands an "edgy" LA guy. I like to call black kids edgy. Its what I like to do.

I drive through some "edgy" parts of Beaverton several times per week.
    You live in Oregon. You need to switch allegiances and become a Duck.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Jared Hilbers (6'7" 275 OL/DL) from Beaverton, OR committed to UW the same day he received an offer.

HILbers from Beaverton, heh. Does HillsboroDawg have any kids?
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940

Beaverton Oregon? Yea come get me when Petersen lands an "edgy" LA guy. I like to call black kids edgy. Its what I like to do.

He's a Portland State fan
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

What part of HillsboroHustlinOwl did you not understand when it was referenced a few days ago?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,635

What part of HillsboroHustlinOwl did you not understand when it was referenced a few days ago?
    Pretty sure the resident goosestepper doesn't know who HillsboroDawg is, let alone HillsburritoHustlinOwl.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    I wanna play - "Doogncarolina?!"

Oh, wait. . .
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Petersen can pull in these middling Dexter Charles/ Ben Rival type guys but he'll never be able to haul in the big fish like Erik Kohler the way Sark could

Under the category "WTF," my all-time favorite - Nathan Rhodes.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,635
    CaptainPJ said:

I wanna play - "Doogncarolina?!"

Oh, wait. . .

FREE PUB!

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,370 Founders Club

in all seriousness for as shitty as the old staff was at recruiting offensive tackles this is a good sign. Even if he doesn't end up signing with us at least these guys look to project talent instead of offering a bunch of guards and convincing themselves they are tackles.

This. But awfully warm for Feb applies.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Agree. It's a trend though. They are taking more slender athletic guys with the thought that they will fill out. I don't know the previous staff put all their eggs into one basket going after national recruits that were never coming here and then were like a desperate drunk at the bar looking for someone to take home.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,370 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Agree. It's a trend though. They are taking more slender athletic guys with the thought that they will fill out. I don't know the previous staff put all their eggs into one basket going after national recruits that were never coming here and then were like a desperate drunk at the bar looking for someone to take home.
    Good point, and one I agree with.

I just try to not make too big a deal over anything until the kids sign. A commit in June means jack shit. But, I agree that at least looking for guys who are clearly OT's, instead of trying to always convert OG's, makes more sense. And going after good kids you can develop beats "proposing to 4 stars" on their front porch. Go figure, Peterman is more about steak than sizzle.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Swaye said:

Thats almost word for word what YaleDawg told me. Said they went hard after their top 10 list and for the rest of recruits their pitch was akin to trying to pick up a chick at the bar at 1:50 AM.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    edited July 2014

Swaye said:

Thats almost word for word what YaleDawg told me. Said they went hard after their top 10 list and for the rest of recruits their pitch was akin to trying to pick up a chick at the bar at 1:50 AM.
    "trying to pick up a chick at the bar at 1:50 AM."

Don't judge...

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    mobey said:

Swaye said:

"trying to pick up a chick at the bar at 1:50 AM."

Don't judge...

Nothing like some dirty leg
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,083 Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

Does he have good hips?

Did Peterman Twit out a woof?

You don't Twit anything, you Twat it.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    This goes back to what Peterman said about a month ago, and imo, is one of the things I am excited about. "If we are going to recruit a kid and finish 2nd for him I'd rather just not recruit him. It's a waste of time and money"

It also sets you up to end up with the Taylor Hindy's of the world, a player that will never give you anything.

Swaye said:

Those high class girls like Garnett were telling Sark no all night. Luckily he caught a drunken Taylor Hindy stumbling out of the bathroom right before last call and bought her a Smirnoff Ice which sealed the deal