Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TBS Commit Alert

13»

Comments

• PurpleTicklerPurpleTickler Member Posts: 217
    How many stars does he have?
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

This goes back to what Peterman said about a month ago, and imo, is one of the things I am excited about. "If we are going to recruit a kid and finish 2nd for him I'd rather just not recruit him. It's a waste of time and money"

It also sets you up to end up with the Taylor Hindy's of the world, a player that will never give you anything.

Swaye said:

in all seriousness for as shitty as the old staff was at recruiting offensive tackles this is a good sign. Even if he doesn't end up signing with us at least these guys look to project talent instead of offering a bunch of guards and convincing themselves they are tackles.

This. But awfully warm for Feb applies.
    Agree. It's a trend though. They are taking more slender athletic guys with the thought that they will fill out. I don't know the previous staff put all their eggs into one basket going after national recruits that were never coming here and then were like a desperate drunk at the bar looking for someone to take home.
    Thats almost word for word what YaleDawg told me. Said they went hard after their top 10 list and for the rest of recruits their pitch was akin to trying to pick up a chick at the bar at 1:50 AM.
    Those high class girls like Garnett were telling Sark no all night. Luckily he caught a drunken Taylor Hindy stumbling out of the bathroom right before last call and bought her a Smirnoff Ice which sealed the deal
    I think a natural instinct is to respect a coach that says "we're nobody's second choice, and we just won't recruit a kid that thinks we are."

The problem is that there is no exact science to this shit. If you stay on a kid, you never know if he might flip in your direction. Working with 17-18 year-olds is a shitty part of the job.