Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka, hardly knew ya

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I usually take a bit of a break from football this time of the year but things seem so depressing I had to pop back in. What the hell is going on
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sources said:

Kids leaving doesn't mean the HC doesn't know what's going on. It really means he knows what's going on and isn't standing for that shit.

If Jimmy Lake will run Coach K off...you don't stand a chance as a player.

And save it on Spiker and Osborne. You ain't shit until you do something on the field.

Spiker and Osbourne can’t cut it. Completely agree on that. Puka was an All Conference talent and a big loss.

I find myself not caring. Hard to get worked up. I’m ready for the season and for it to hopefully go well.
    Spoiler: it won't
    Even with a cakewalk schedule and perhaps the most talented roster on paper in decades (even with the Puka loss), I have no expectations of Jimmy capitalizing it. I see 9-3 as the ceiling but more likely 8-4. This will be similar to 2013 where we looked good against the shitty teams but got exposed any time we played anyone with a pulse. Hopefully Jimmy pulls a Sark and quits after the Apple Cup too.
    lol how many decades we talking here, because 2002 had Pickett, Ware, Williams, Arnold, Alexis, Mahdavi, Johnson, Cooper, and Robinson, right?

And they went 7-6 with a better staff than Lake and co....
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Well... assuming Spiker and Osbourne don't transfer. Could be interesting to see if they don't totally suck.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

@jamesosborne1959 is on fire over on dawgman

Wam stat!
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2021

Canadawg said:

I usually take a bit of a break from football this time of the year but things seem so depressing I had to pop back in. What the hell is going on

I’ll tell you in English and French, Canadian dawg.

We were in the fucking playoff 5 years ago, eh?, and now our car salesman coach is pulling a Mike Hopkins, eh?, with this “Clemson West” roster, eh? It’s going fucking swimmingly, eh?

Nous étions dans les putains de séries éliminatoires il y a 5 ans et maintenant notre entraîneur de vendeur de voitures tire un Mike Hopkins avec cette liste de «Clemson West». Ça va putain de nage.
    FTFY.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Canadawg said:

I’ll tell you in English and French, Canadian dawg.

We were in the fucking playoff 5 years ago and now our car salesman coach is pulling a Mike Hopkins with this “Clemson West” roster. It’s going fucking swimmingly.

Nous étions dans les putains de séries éliminatoires il y a 5 ans et maintenant notre entraîneur de vendeur de voitures tire un Mike Hopkins avec cette liste de «Clemson West». Ça va putain de nage.
    That was funny.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021

Whatever. Ill take Cade over Puka. Had all the talent in the world - and all the inconsistency too.

Maybe Jimmy sucks. Maybe he doesn't. We will know a lot by the 2nd game of the season.

Lifpo.

Everyone saying Jimbo is in over his head - it will be hilarious to see the backpedaling if this team wins 10 games.

The talent is one thing. It just sends a very strange message. The one thing Husky fans have pride themselves on, is that their program gets very little transfer outs or decommitments. That can no longer be said.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,918
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Whatever. Ill take Cade over Puka. Had all the talent in the world - and all the inconsistency too.

Maybe Jimmy sucks. Maybe he doesn't. We will know a lot by the 2nd game of the season.

Lifpo.

Everyone saying Jimbo is in over his head - it will be hilarious to see the backpedaling if this team wins 10 games.

I won’t back peddle. I’ll just say I was wrong.

LIFPO only works if he wins. This far he has not been winning in recruiting or coach hirings or player management.

Winning will help recruiting and will make us? Hate the coaches less.

#winningfixeseverything
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lifpo.

It won't be all that funny. Most adults don't have trouble admitting they were wrong, especially when they wanted to be.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Lifpo.

How about both?