Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Falling Down - Park Beggar Scene

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited March 2021 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,714
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Need to watch again.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beggar too clean

having worked in engineering for years - I can relate to this movie. Many of my cow-orkers fit this guy to a tee. Scary
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Beggar too clean

having worked in engineering for years - I can relate to this movie. Many of my cow-orkers fit this guy to a tee. Scary

Yeah Kirk’s son looks like a laid off McDonnell Douglas engineer from Long Beach or something.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You were in Vietnam? As what the little drummer boy?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021

Great movie

Sorry to disagree. As someone who lived in LA when the movie came out the thought that neo-Nazis represented some kind of threat in LA was laughable. They purposely pulled their punches when it came to making this a realistic movie. They should have based the movie is "Springfield" because it had no basis in the reality of LA in the early 90s.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You’re not sorry.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Great movie

Sorry to disagree. As someone who lived in LA when the movie came out the thought that neo-Nazis represented some kind of threat in LA was laughable. They purposely pulled their punches when it came to making this a realistic movie. They should have based the movie is "Springfield" because it had no basis in the reality of LA in the early 90s.
    I don't remember neo nazis. I know he was the angry white guy that was a big narrative at the time but he was good at it

I thought it got off track with the domestic violence. Too much angry white guy
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Great movie

I don't remember neo nazis. I know he was the angry white guy that was a big narrative at the time but he was good at it

https://youtu.be/0jSVwZ8w3C4
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Great movie

Ok. I recall it now. Frederick Forrest is insane
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Great movie

Ok. I recall it now. Frederick Forrest is insane
    Met him in a Blues bar in Santa Monica a long time ago.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Great movie

Oh for love of god, it's a make believe Hollywood movie. LA sucks ballz. Much of the film did a good jerb of portraying the shitieness of LA. And I say that as I guy who lived in San Diego county when that flick came out. We couldn't get through that place quick enough on our way north.
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021

SFGbob said:

Great movie

Oh for love of god, it's a make believe Hollywood movie. LA sucks ballz. Much of the film did a good jerb of portraying the shitieness of LA. And I say that as I guy who lived in San Diego county when that flick came out. We couldn't get through that place quick enough on our way north.
    That's not the way the movie was marketed or discussed. It was held out to be some kind of realistic, slice of modern America and a social commentary. They weren't trying to create a fantasy movie. Would you have the same opinion of a version of Boys in the Hood that depicted white people are the real victims of police brutality in LA?

Maybe we can remake Menace II Society using the same locations and story line but make Mormons the lead characters.

Hey, just a make believe Hollywood movie, so no big deal.
    Standard Supporter
    So if we remade Menace II Society and put white people in the lead roles changing nothing else you'd be cool with it. Okay.

The decision to pull their punches in making Falling Down was entirely political.
    Standard Supporter
    May be so, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Ignorance is bliss.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    SFGbob said:

So if we remade Menace II Society and put white people in the lead roles changing nothing else you'd be cool with it.

Who fucking cares?