Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

In what aspect of life are you best a cheapskate (aka summoning your inner Dave Ramsey thread)?

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left...
    USMChawk said:

EwaDawg said:

Great pole. All of the above minus one offspring, and that's a big one. Three girls. Very $$$$.

And in reality, while I like to drink, I've spent far less on booze in my lifetim than most of my contemporaries because of seeing alcoholism up close. It ain't pretty, and there are few things more annoying than a drunk. Even more annoying than liberals who lie, and who love to be lied to. ;)

Creep. Can you please keep the vitriol at the tug?

I will other wise interpret your refusal to mean:

- you are nowhere near being a centrist (as you have claimed);

- you like to be lied to by the right (which is more likely to happen than your example); or

- the promise of a politic free zone was (close my eyes) another lie by a conservative.

I am trying my best, except in the case where someone brings cross-over (from another) bored.

Creep is pretty centrist, all things considered. If he seems right to you that’s a good indicator of how left you are. I would place Creep at about Tip O’Neil, on the political spectrum.
    That's a pretty good proxy. People like me are wary of revolutions and mobs of all kinds. I'm like the market: we prefer no surprises and business as usual to the extent possible. We also like slow change.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No Husky, Duck, Cuog, etc season tickets and/or $500K donations to said universities
    USMChawk said:

EwaDawg said:

Great pole. All of the above minus one offspring, and that's a big one. Three girls. Very $$$$.

And in reality, while I like to drink, I've spent far less on booze in my lifetim than most of my contemporaries because of seeing alcoholism up close. It ain't pretty, and there are few things more annoying than a drunk. Even more annoying than liberals who lie, and who love to be lied to. ;)

- you like to be lied to by the right (which is more likely to happen than your example); or

- the promise of a politic free zone was (close my eyes) another lie by a conservative.

I am trying my best, except in the case where someone brings cross-over (from another) bored.

Creep is pretty centrist, all things considered. If he seems right to you that’s a good indicator of how left you are. I would place Creep at about Tip O’Neil, on the political spectrum.
    Thanks. Creep seems centrist as do many people. But I haven't paid a lot of attention to him lately (prior to the last couple of weeks). That quote didn't.

Excluding the simple fact that today's republican party heavily supports trump - I am quite right leaning if you ask 7 of my 8 siblings. I am sure no one on HcH would classify me as such, though. I don't think trump represents true Republican values. Not even close.

The only reason I am on this board is believed Creep, was indeed, centrist. Thanks.

• Options
    The one that really rings true for me is clothes. I don't buy them at garage sales for Christ's sake (hi @Prestonluv you giant pussy) but I do wear them until one of the five women in my life (hi @Prestonluv you giant pussy) literally throw them away when I'm not looking.

I spent formative years in Aberdeen. Trust me: I know how to wear a pair a fucking jeans until they're ready to walk away on their own. The way I figured it was, the wife and the girls are going to spend a shit ton of money on that kind of thing, so I'll make up for it a little by not trying to be a GQ model, even though I have the looks for it.

Creep
  • Options
    Fishpo31 said:

The wife and I are a good mix...since we started dating (20 years ago), she has driven a BMW; 2 Passats; an A4: 2 A6s; and is now in a Benz (cash, no payments). I have put 230K on my Highlander, and intend to drive it until it croaks. I am a borderline minimalist, still wearing a pair of top siders I bought 20 years ago, and wearing clothes until they fall apart. We both paid off student loans years ago (mine for grad school). I shop like crazy for shit I want, at the lowest price possible, and buy it. She has her baubles, but is really reasonable about it (unlike some others in the past).

I think I got it from my parents, who both lived through the depression. My dad was tight as shit with money.

We save and budget like crazy for vacations, and tend to travel top-shelf. It helps that she has worked in the travel business for ever, so she knows how to do it right, buying plane tix and reservations months in advance.

The one line that I have drawn is: Nothing less than Copenhagen, nothing less than Jack Daniel's. We saved for Dawg tix for a few years, had them for about 10, and dumped them when it went to Pac at nite...

Liquor should be the good stuff. Also, TV sets. We watch enough of it that I don't compromise on that.

And, when we're not in the Vid, we like to go out to eat, and when we do, I don't mind paying so that I get what I want. Fuck it. Life is short.

I'm also just as happy grabbing a burger at the Hum Dinger on the way out to 101.
  • Options
    No Husky, Duck, Cuog, etc season tickets and/or $500K donations to said universities

USMChawk said:

EwaDawg said:

Creep is a pragmatic, center-right dude.
    Okay, some say that makes him something other than a centrist with right leaning tendencies but potato/potatoe. . .

Thanks
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Low monthly housing cost relative to net income
    EwaDawg said:

USMChawk said:

EwaDawg said:

Okay, some say that makes him something other than a centrist with right leaning tendencies but potato/potatoe. . .

Thanks
    How narrow is your definition of centrist?
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    BearsWiin said:

We have a fondness for expensive vacations

Does she allow you to tag along?
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,522
    BearsWiin said:

We have a fondness for expensive vacations

Does she allow you to tag along?
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    Very much all of the above.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    Swaye's Wigwam

I would say, yeah, I have right-leaning tendencies. I am skeptical of solving all problems with government and tax increases, I think the idea to forgive student loans is incredibly misguided and tend to default to free-market economics with as few externalities and interference as possible.

I also think regulation has its place, I have to pay some amount of my wealth to fund some social programs that don't benefit me, and have sympathetic views on some traditionally "liberal" ideas.

Today, I think they call me a RINO or an establishment Republican, who are as reviled by the populist movement as a card-carrying communist.

These are interesting times we live in.

Yeah, but does she allow you to tag along?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021
    Don't eat out much and/or go to bars
    Covid is a cunt
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Don't eat out much and/or go to bars

Fishpo31 said:

The wife and I are a good mix...since we started dating (20 years ago), she has driven a BMW; 2 Passats; an A4: 2 A6s; and is now in a Benz (cash, no payments). I have put 230K on my Highlander, and intend to drive it until it croaks. I am a borderline minimalist, still wearing a pair of top siders I bought 20 years ago, and wearing clothes until they fall apart. We both paid off student loans years ago (mine for grad school). I shop like crazy for shit I want, at the lowest price possible, and buy it. She has her baubles, but is really reasonable about it (unlike some others in the past).

I think I got it from my parents, who both lived through the depression. My dad was tight as shit with money.

We save and budget like crazy for vacations, and tend to travel top-shelf. It helps that she has worked in the travel business for ever, so she knows how to do it right, buying plane tix and reservations months in advance.

The one line that I have drawn is: Nothing less than Copenhagen, nothing less than Jack Daniel's. We saved for Dawg tix for a few years, had them for about 10, and dumped them when it went to Pac at nite...

Liquor should be the good stuff. Also, TV sets. We watch enough of it that I don't compromise on that.

And, when we're not in the Vid, we like to go out to eat, and when we do, I don't mind paying so that I get what I want. Fuck it. Life is short.

I'm also just as happy grabbing a burger at the Hum Dinger on the way out to 101.
    I only like actually eating at a restaurant every once in awhile. It's usually mediocre food and I prefer cooking. Plus the portions are too large. So I just sit there super full like fuck I don't even want to drive home.

Sushi on a date with some booze is fine.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

EwaDawg said:

USMChawk said:

EwaDawg said:

Thanks
    Everyone claims to be. Very few are. In other words, I am and the creep isn't.

HTH
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

USMChawk said:

EwaDawg said:

USMChawk said:

EwaDawg said:

Thanks
    Everyone claims to be. Very few are. In other words, I am and the creep isn't.

HTH
    And, yes, he could say I am not and he is. That is kind of the point. But I refer you back to what my siblings think. I pretty much could've written the Creeps post above about myself. Loan forgiveness, no. Minimum wage - not $15. Texas? Deregulate all you want, I'll loan you the money to fix your fuck up.