Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Russell Wilson trade thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,431
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It never is

This is the biggest issue with Russ. It’s always he doesn’t have weapons, he doesn’t like a line, he doesn’t have a good OC etc. He’s a good QB but he is not as elite as people make him out to be. He has elite stretches and he also has Trubisky-ish stretches. Someone posted a stat on Twitter the other day that around 25-30% of his career sacks have been self inflicted by the way he just starts to run backwards and constantly spin around. No O line is going to be able to stop good pass rushers when he is doing that.

I don’t think he is going anywhere but I also don’t think the Seahawks are going anywhere either with him at QB. He might win some divisional titles and a wild card playoff game here and there so if that is what people are fine with then great.
    He is absolutely capable of winning a Super Bowl.

But during the 2020 season, the camera would zoom in to his face, and he had this subdued, glowering look in his eyes. That had never been there before. it seemed like his life had taken a shift in direction.
    It’s very troubling that Russ and Pete had a blow up after Buffalo and couldn’t get back on track. Russ moped the rest of the season.
    You're sure it's linked to Pete?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

It never is

This is the biggest issue with Russ. It’s always he doesn’t have weapons, he doesn’t like a line, he doesn’t have a good OC etc. He’s a good QB but he is not as elite as people make him out to be. He has elite stretches and he also has Trubisky-ish stretches. Someone posted a stat on Twitter the other day that around 25-30% of his career sacks have been self inflicted by the way he just starts to run backwards and constantly spin around. No O line is going to be able to stop good pass rushers when he is doing that.

I don’t think he is going anywhere but I also don’t think the Seahawks are going anywhere either with him at QB. He might win some divisional titles and a wild card playoff game here and there so if that is what people are fine with then great.

But during the 2020 season, the camera would zoom in to his face, and he had this subdued, glowering look in his eyes. That had never been there before. it seemed like his life had taken a shift in direction.
    It’s very troubling that Russ and Pete had a blow up after Buffalo and couldn’t get back on track. Russ moped the rest of the season.
    Much more likely than Ciera
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

It never is

I think Ciara wants to see Russell in New York or Miami
  • Options

dnc said:

It never is

And yet

• Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

It never is

And yet

Huh... The Raiders and Bears?
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

It never is

And yet

He doesn’t actually want to be traded
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

It never is

And yet

I think he does, but you don’t have to give in. The media does this bullshit and fans the flames.

Win some games, throw some long TD’s to Metcalf, and all will be fine.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

It never is

And yet

I think he does, but you don’t have to give in. The media does this bullshit and fans the flames.

Win some games, throw some long TD’s to Metcalf, and all will be fine.
    He only listed one team that would have any hope of being able to trade for him, and didn't include the most obvious option (Miami) both from a "team that is only missing a QB" standpoint and "team that has the draft capital and resources to easily make this work".

If he really wanted to get dealt that list would look a lot different. It's all just posturing.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021
    dnc said:

dnc said:

It never is

And yet

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

dnc said:

It never is

And yet

Our heart(s) will go on.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    I think they should trade Wilson, dump salary, look at trade chips with the exception of the best WR in the NFC and get younger with cap friendly draft picks.... they don’t have the pieces or the flexibility to build what they want with Russels contract and he is a serious injury away from no value and I think he knows it... wheels don’t last forever and he is the most sacked QB in football based on how he plays
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think they should trade Wilson, dump salary, look at trade chips with the exception of the best WR in the NFC and get younger with cap friendly draft picks.... they don’t have the pieces or the flexibility to build what they want with Russels contract and he is a serious injury away from no value and I think he knows it... wheels don’t last forever and he is the most sacked QB in football based on how he plays

The dead money means you are punting this year away by trading Russ. Not worth it.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    Disagree respectfully @RoadDawg55... what you are doing is selling at a zenith point with the knowledge that it comes with a dead period but with the currency in an abundance of true quality volume draft picks and eventual cap space in order to be able to get back on top if you believe in your ability to outperform when you have the currency of both at the same time

Putting it bluntly he is a once in a generation QB that features his legs and he has been in the league for 9 years