Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KISW turns 50

huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,061
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Or at least they did over the weekend. I think the most consistent rock station as KJR flipped their script a lot of ways. Is 95.7 still around? They have fun little Rock name generator. Check it out.

https://www.radio.com/kisw/latest/let-us-kisw-ify-your-name?fbclid=IwAR0SDfFU6ECzSqXGZK88fkIusJxJL45EfilkADVdizATbEZLNdH4lsCga3s

I made one for @YellowSnow

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,167
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Steve Slayton

Crow and West

My first AOR FM long haired dope smoking FM listening station.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,788
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I used to like BJ Shea with RR and Ricker. Before that Bob Rivers was decent.

It got dumb, revenge of the nerds, and watered down about 10 years ago. "Vicky Barcelona."

I haven't listened lately but it being Seattle they sucked Eddie Vedder's dick and treat Ratt and the Crue like toxic waste.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I used to like BJ Shea with RR and Ricker. Before that Bob Rivers was decent.

It got dumb, revenge of the nerds, and watered down about 10 years ago. "Vicky Barcelona."

I haven't listened lately but it being Seattle they sucked Eddie Vedder's dick and treat Ratt and the Crue like toxic waste.

When I went to Cruefest the entire radio station was there. As for BJ it definitely has it's moments, but it feels less contrived (and understanding almost 98% of it is contrived) than other stuff. Granted I've been listening to Bonaduce on KZOK and he aint bad.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I jump from KISW to KZOK around when Bob Rivers and team jumped.

I will always like Gary Crow because I won a trip to Las Vegas via him and his trivia contest, although that was at KZOK.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    Does KISW still have the Rock Girls?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

Does KISW still have the Rock Girls?

Most recent pic I could find

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had stumbled upon this at one time - and found it again

http://www.robinandmaynard.net
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Plagiarism my shit, fucko?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Plagiarism my shit, fucko?
    Proudly.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,777
    edited February 2021

Still have naughty thoughts about Robin. Pre-internet, there was no indication of what she actually looked like. That deep smoker-induced voice always talking on the edge of smut....oh god oh god.....

Now, not so much but WOOD under the celebrity exemption.

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,086
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    She totally sounded hot. I forgot they were on KZOK after KXRX. I remember their short stint on the Buzz, but I have a feeling Robin didn’t like being on with BJ Shea and Leykis.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think it was KISW that had Phonenuts for Jokes - I would be in rush hour traffic and people would stop by or call in some place, tell a joke and get a doughnut

I heard some of the raunchiest jokes that had me LOLing - so if anyone saw I was the laffing like a hyena idiot by himself in rush hour
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    El_K said:

Tons of great memories of KISW in the 80's and 90's

Back in the early 80's you either listened to KISW or KZOK for rock. When bands came to town, they came to KISW to be interviewed. KZOK started to shift a bit and KXRX came along and took half the KISW staff (Robin + Maynard, Crow + West, I think Baby Beau Roberts ) which left KISW with Slayton, Dan Wilke, Mike Jones. The funny thing I remember about Mike Jones is that they implied he was dating Melissa Etheridge right when she broke out. It must have been a joke. I was 18-19 at the time and the internet wasn't around, who knew she was a lesbo.

Another name I totally forgot was John Langan

Slayton had Stump Slayton. if you stumped him or were the last caller in with a question, you got dinner for two at Twin Tweepees! When Slayton was on 6-10 and he would hand the mic off to Bo Roberts, who was the 'youngest DJ" at 16 you could hear the beer bottles clang around and such.

The Pain in the Grass concerts in the early to mid 90's were great at the Mural Amphitheater.
    KISW Rising Star shows. I remember Van Halen was # 8. Jane's Addiction and Bon Jovi I remember them getting huge push by KISW

I stopped listening regularly back in 1991, I moved to KNDD, but would occasionally tread back to KISW. It started to go down hill when they brought in Bob Rivers + Sean. Sean was dropped or let go. It just wasn't the same. The Ricker? Late Cathy Faulkner. dumb!

Now I rarely listen to it. BJ Shea was best when he was on the Buzz. 2001-2005 or so. then BJ filled the void when KISW dumped Howard Stern. I listened when Stern was on, then switched the channel. Once Stern was gone. it had turned lame.

I love Seattle radio and it amazes me KISW is still around. I listen to KZOK or 92.9 out of Bellingham as it is the closest to the old KISW days.

The Buzz was great. BJ Shea followed by Tom Leykis and then The Original Men's Room. Radio died the day that station died for me.

Also. Kylie and Booms on Sportsradio was unmatched. Fuck Softy and the rest of those faggots. Boring ass radio.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is the Men’s Room still doing the white-mexi-black-or-Jew routine?

Yes, but I think instead of Jew it's, asian.