Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NS2 Pipeline - Europe worried Biden is too soft on Putin

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
edited February 2021 in Tug Tavern
Gee, now why would our “allies” think that? Could it be because Biden canceled the North American pipeline as Putin ramps up work again on Nord Stream 2?

Biden is Putin’s bitch.

https://www.axios.com/biden-putin-russia-nord-stream-pipeline-842f5dc5-eb35-42ee-b2e2-6ce7fbb11f74.html

Russia's adversaries in central and Eastern Europe are worried President Biden isn't willing to fight hard to stop the Russia-Germany gas pipeline Nord Stream 2 — one of Vladimir Putin's core priorities.

…The fight is the first significant test of whether Biden's tough rhetoric against the Russian leader will be matched by action. Russian opponents fear Biden doesn't want to antagonize Angela Merkel and won't inflict serious costs on the Germans.

…The completion of Nord Stream 2 would be a huge geopolitical win for Putin and give him substantial new leverage in Europe. Russia has cut off natural gas supplies to Ukraine as retribution in disputes.

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    State department spox tries to take credit for Trump administration policy and amazingly, the AP reporter doesn’t let him get away with it.
    ——
    QUESTION: Ned, don’t you think it’s a bit disingenuous to claim credit for the 18 companies winding down? All of this work was done under the previous administration.

MR PRICE: Matt, I’m not —

QUESTION: You guys have only been in a month for —

MR PRICE: Matt —

QUESTION: I mean, only been in office for a month, right? Are you telling me that in the last four weeks —

MR PRICE: Matt, I am —

QUESTION: — these 18 companies all of a sudden decided to say, “Oh my God, we better not do anything with Nord Stream 2.”

MR PRICE: Matt, I am speaking for the —

QUESTION: All of that you’re taking —

MR PRICE: I am speaking —

QUESTION: You guys are taking credit for stuff that the previous administration did, right?

MR PRICE: Matt, Matt, I am not —

QUESTION: No? Yes or no?

MR PRICE: I am speaking for the Department of State.

QUESTION: Okay. All right.

MR PRICE: The people who have been working this —

QUESTION: Okay.

MR PRICE: — and the people who are working this now were the same people a month ago or the same people —

QUESTION: Three months ago?

MR PRICE: Three months ago.

QUESTION: Four months ago?

MR PRICE: So I —

QUESTION: Okay, all right. So I just don’t want to – I just —

QUESTION: Just one following up on that? So the administration is committed to ensuring that that pipeline is not completed?

MR PRICE: Our position on this has not changed. To Matt’s point, we have the same position that the previous administration had. It is a bad deal, it is bad for Europe, it is in contravention of Europe’s own stated energy goals.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,412
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Europe got the weak ass US President they wanted

They can fuck off