Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HCA Academy Awards - Best Picture 2002?

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Yes, I'm with @NEsnake12 on Helm's Deep. 2:08 specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApCLbgAE5E

gg
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Pianist
    Road to Perdition, Gangs, and City of God are all worthy. Gangs is one of my favorite movies due to Bill the Butcher. I really liked The Pianist though and assumed it wouldn't get others' votes.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,295
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    City of God
    25th Hour & Adaptation would be my other picks, better year than I thought it was
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I must admit that I have not seen any of these films. When looking back, I believe I spent the entirety of 2002 in a bar...actually, many bars...shaking and about to vomit
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    City of God
    Fishpo31 said:

I must admit that I have not seen any of these films. When looking back, I believe I spent the entirety of 2002 in a bar...actually, many bars...shaking and about to vomit

We talking jail, adult establishments that one drinks at, or Xanax bars?
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fishpo31 said:

The adult establishment type...
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Fishpo31 said:

Rap lyrics
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gangs of New York

Christ
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Christ
    Where?

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Road to Perdition
    Road to Perdition I feel is criminally underrated
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gangs of New York
    Tequilla said:

Road to Perdition I feel is criminally underrated

It's a strong movie, but I'm not quite sold on Tom Hanks in the role as gangster.
  • Options
    LogisticsLogistics Member Posts: 110
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Hey @Logistics what do we have to do to make flying great again? Scales for the FA's and ban pours?

You are correct, sir, as usual. The Walmartization of the airline industry has led to the degradation of the flying experience. Mandatory retirement age of 30 for flight attendants and the requirement for them to be height-weight proportionate would go a long way. Mind you, I'm talking about all flight attendants being female. It is safe to say that most passengers don't care for the "gaybob" FAs, with the exception of Mr. @puppylove_sugarsteel. I think he rather enjoys them.

Also, a sharp uniform on crewmembers would help. Seeing pilots and flight attendants looking slovenly like Mr. @backthepack does not inspire confidence and it takes away from the lore of flight.

Unfortunately, we all know the truth. Even poor people want to fly and they feel entitled to "cheap" airline tickets. These are often trips they couldn't make with their cars for less than what they want to pay for the airline tickets. But, the reality is that this is the world we live in.

Gone are the day of the Clipper skippers. White trash wearing flip flops and wife beaters will demand low-fare tickets and airline management will cater to them. Cost cutting will lead to slovenly crew, 80 year-old grandma FAs, and cheese & crackers being served to passengers with a cup of tepid water.
  • Options
    LogisticsLogistics Member Posts: 110
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Logistics said:

Hey @Logistics what do we have to do to make flying great again? Scales for the FA's and ban pours?

You are correct, sir, as usual. The Walmartization of the airline industry has led to the degradation of the flying experience. Mandatory retirement age of 30 for flight attendants and the requirement for them to be height-weight proportionate would go a long way. Mind you, I'm talking about all flight attendants being female. It is safe to say that most passengers don't care for the "gaybob" FAs, with the exception of Mr. @puppylove_sugarsteel. I think he rather enjoys them.

Also, a sharp uniform on crewmembers would help. Seeing pilots and flight attendants looking slovenly like Mr. @backthepack does not inspire confidence and it takes away from the lore of flight.

Unfortunately, we all know the truth. Even poor people want to fly and they feel entitled to "cheap" airline tickets. These are often trips they couldn't make with their cars for less than what they want to pay for the airline tickets. But, the reality is that this is the world we live in.

Gone are the day of the Clipper skippers. White trash wearing flip flops and wife beaters will demand low-fare tickets and airline management will cater to them. Cost cutting will lead to slovenly crew, 80 year-old grandma FAs, and cheese & crackers being served to passengers with a cup of tepid water.
    Post mor!
    Logistics life in these COVID days has been tough. Talk about burning the midnight oil and then some. Will contribute more to this discussion board in the future. For the time-being, I'm staying busy with trying to get vaccine shipments to all corners of the country.

Stay tuned!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Logistics said:

Logistics said:

Post mor!
    Logistics life in these COVID days has been tough. Talk about burning the midnight oil and then some. Will contribute more to this discussion board in the future. For the time-being, I'm staying busy with trying to get vaccine shipments to all corners of the country.

Stay tuned!
    You have failed Texas.