Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HCA Academy Awards - Best Picture 2002?

13»

Comments

• Options
    LogisticsLogistics Member Posts: 110
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Logistics said:

Logistics said:

Hey @Logistics what do we have to do to make flying great again? Scales for the FA's and ban pours?

You are correct, sir, as usual. The Walmartization of the airline industry has led to the degradation of the flying experience. Mandatory retirement age of 30 for flight attendants and the requirement for them to be height-weight proportionate would go a long way. Mind you, I'm talking about all flight attendants being female. It is safe to say that most passengers don't care for the "gaybob" FAs, with the exception of Mr. @puppylove_sugarsteel. I think he rather enjoys them.

Also, a sharp uniform on crewmembers would help. Seeing pilots and flight attendants looking slovenly like Mr. @backthepack does not inspire confidence and it takes away from the lore of flight.

Unfortunately, we all know the truth. Even poor people want to fly and they feel entitled to "cheap" airline tickets. These are often trips they couldn't make with their cars for less than what they want to pay for the airline tickets. But, the reality is that this is the world we live in.

Gone are the day of the Clipper skippers. White trash wearing flip flops and wife beaters will demand low-fare tickets and airline management will cater to them. Cost cutting will lead to slovenly crew, 80 year-old grandma FAs, and cheese & crackers being served to passengers with a cup of tepid water.
    Post mor!
    Logistics life in these COVID days has been tough. Talk about burning the midnight oil and then some. Will contribute more to this discussion board in the future. For the time-being, I'm staying busy with trying to get vaccine shipments to all corners of the country.

Stay tuned!
    You have failed Texas.
    Look who's here to point out the one flat tire on a car. You would be wise, Mr. @GrundleStiltzkin, to stick to your day job and/or producing giphy files of Husky football plays. Good day, sir!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Logistics said:

Logistics said:

Logistics said:

Hey @Logistics what do we have to do to make flying great again? Scales for the FA's and ban pours?

You are correct, sir, as usual. The Walmartization of the airline industry has led to the degradation of the flying experience. Mandatory retirement age of 30 for flight attendants and the requirement for them to be height-weight proportionate would go a long way. Mind you, I'm talking about all flight attendants being female. It is safe to say that most passengers don't care for the "gaybob" FAs, with the exception of Mr. @puppylove_sugarsteel. I think he rather enjoys them.

Also, a sharp uniform on crewmembers would help. Seeing pilots and flight attendants looking slovenly like Mr. @backthepack does not inspire confidence and it takes away from the lore of flight.

Unfortunately, we all know the truth. Even poor people want to fly and they feel entitled to "cheap" airline tickets. These are often trips they couldn't make with their cars for less than what they want to pay for the airline tickets. But, the reality is that this is the world we live in.

Gone are the day of the Clipper skippers. White trash wearing flip flops and wife beaters will demand low-fare tickets and airline management will cater to them. Cost cutting will lead to slovenly crew, 80 year-old grandma FAs, and cheese & crackers being served to passengers with a cup of tepid water.
    Post mor!
    Logistics life in these COVID days has been tough. Talk about burning the midnight oil and then some. Will contribute more to this discussion board in the future. For the time-being, I'm staying busy with trying to get vaccine shipments to all corners of the country.

Stay tuned!
    You have failed Texas.
    Look who's here to point out the one flat tire on a car. You would be wise, Mr. @GrundleStiltzkin, to stick to your day job and/or producing giphy files of Husky football plays. Good day, sir!
    Why are you talking to yourself @GrundleStiltzkin?

This is the most obvious grundle alt ever.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,944
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Logistics said:

https://static.kino.de/wp-content/gallery/catch-me-if-you-can-2002/catch-me-if-you-can-jennifer-garner-8-rcm0x1920u.jpg

Quite honestly, has there ever been a hotter movie hooker who didn’t take her clothes off than Jennifer Garner?

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Catch Me If You Can
    I only saw two, but Catch Me if You Can is really good.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Road to Perdition

Tequilla said:

Road to Perdition I feel is criminally underrated

It's a strong movie, but I'm not quite sold on Tom Hanks in the role as gangster.
    That’s fair

Where I think it works is that Paul Newman’s character is obviously a boss but he’s in the kindler gentler Vito Corleone Irish way ...

Obviously Hanks character gets his hands dirty but you get the impression that it’s the exception instead of the rule

Once his family is killed, it’s not really that much of a stretch to see him act in the manner that he does
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,323
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Road to Perdition
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Road to Perdition I feel is criminally underrated

It's a strong movie, but I'm not quite sold on Tom Hanks in the role as gangster.
    That’s fair

Where I think it works is that Paul Newman’s character is obviously a boss but he’s in the kindler gentler Vito Corleone Irish way ...

Obviously Hanks character gets his hands dirty but you get the impression that it’s the exception instead of the rule

Once his family is killed, it’s not really that much of a stretch to see him act in the manner that he does
    I think Hanks as the hitman is WHAT makes that movie for me. It's kind of like watching Jim Carey in the few serious roles he's played. It catches you off guard in a good way. Because of past associations with Tom Hanks characters, I'm unavoidably inclined to seek out humanity and depth in his role. Which is helped by that being the arc of his character anyway: He's done awful things because of a moral code that he's developed from life experiences, that code is upended, so does the moral side win out or does the violent side? It's a legit character arc, and being an actor you expect to see in kinder, gentler roles lends itself to that struggle. I thought he did great.

I contrast that with Scarface, which society tells me I have to like or I'm not a real man: Tough guy Tony Montana buys his way to Florida with an assassination. He then proceeds to murder and bully his way to the top of the drug trade. Then, unrepentantly, he gets killed for it. The end. That's not an arc, that's a fucking straight line. It's just watching crime happen until the credits roll. Most gangster movies are like this, which is why they're typically not my thing. Road to Perdition, on the other hand, is different. It has a plot that's not complicated yet is a legitimate arc. Its characters are complex and not one-dimensional (Hanks and Newman in particular). Sometimes good guys do bad things and vise versa. The protagonist's story follows a traditional arc, he has a fall, then redemption, and in the end succeeds in a roundabout way.

Sure, The Hero's Journey has been played out for thousands of years, but it's hard to beat when done right.

/late night drunk post