Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

According to this Utah writer, Puka is gone

13»

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I think financial pressures play a larger role than we'd like. I also think the free year of eligibility and the portal are part of a plan that could work or fail spectacularly

Either way September can't get here fast enough

That's something that's been bouncing around my head as well. When was the last time you saw a big time program go so long with ZERO news on the scholarship athlete recruiting trail but bring in, what, 20 walk-ons over the same period? My conspiracy theory is that Lake suspects that the extra year of eligibility will lead to teams having 10-person recruiting classes in a year or two, after the scholarship limits come back down to 85 (they did temporarily lift the limit, right?). Lake may be intentionally trying to keep the numbers low to keep the classes balanced and have his pick of Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State/Georgia/Kansas' "we're full" leftovers in '23, right as Huard is hitting his stride.

I see that potential plan working about about as well as "Just wait until COVID restrictions lift and we get these kids on campus."
    Doog in some of us just won’t die. This is as great as the year of the decommit.
  • Options
    MontlakeDonMontlakeDon Member Posts: 52
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think financial pressures play a larger role than we'd like. I also think the free year of eligibility and the portal are part of a plan that could work or fail spectacularly

That's something that's been bouncing around my head as well. When was the last time you saw a big time program go so long with ZERO news on the scholarship athlete recruiting trail but bring in, what, 20 walk-ons over the same period? My conspiracy theory is that Lake suspects that the extra year of eligibility will lead to teams having 10-person recruiting classes in a year or two, after the scholarship limits come back down to 85 (they did temporarily lift the limit, right?). Lake may be intentionally trying to keep the numbers low to keep the classes balanced and have his pick of Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State/Georgia/Kansas' "we're full" leftovers in '23, right as Huard is hitting his stride.

I see that potential plan working about about as well as "Just wait until COVID restrictions lift and we get these kids on campus."
    Either Jimmy is playing 12D chess that no other coach in the country has figured out, or you’re a tard and Jimmy sucks at recruiting. Which do you think is more likely? Maybe Jimmy needs to buy another purple car and that will seal the deal on some four stars

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Bonedog said:

Ozzy’s dad says Adam and Puka have a father/son relationship and ain’t leaving

Not losing our #1 WR to an unexpected and ill-advised transfer counts as a win in Jimmy Lake's program.
    YBE
  • Options
    GhostofMosster47GhostofMosster47 Member Posts: 68
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Again, not a football expert, just the ghost of one.

Isn't it kind of pathetic that a fan base is making this big of a deal out a kid that has like 12 catches in two seasons?

He's not big, strong, or fast. Just kind of seems odd, as a non-football expert ghost.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

* November 15
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2021
    I think he is just holding out until the check clears. Jimmy been writing a lot of checks that have been bouncing
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Again, not a football expert, just the ghost of one.

Isn't it kind of pathetic that a fan base is making this big of a deal out a kid that has like 12 catches in two seasons?

He's not big, strong, or fast. Just kind of seems odd, as a non-football expert ghost.

Yeah I’m sure 4.51 38 inch vert at 6”1 205 coming isn’t big, strong or fast!