Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which result would be the worst for your 2013 Huskies?

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2013
    For the record uw never was a top 10 team for a decade But James went to 7 orange/rose bowls in 18 years. He won most of his bowl games and had an outstanding conference record. If you can't see that as a great track record and what these miserable and pathetic people are clamoring for then I can't help you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Houhusky said:

BSU - W
    @ Illinois - W (even though its away they are fucking terrible)
    Idaho St. - W
    @ Arizona - W

After a 4-0 start doogs will ask where is race bannon now and only come here to beat their chests

Stanford - L
    Oregon - L
    You cant expect to compete with those two teams after 0-12

@ASU - L (the 3 game losing streak per season must be maintained)
    Cal - W
    Colorado - W
    @UCLA - L (we havent won their since 1995? or 1999?)
    @OSU - L
    WSU - W (its fucking WSU)

after starting off the season strong UW falters in pac12 play against TUFF opponents and then limps their way to a bowl game finishing just 3-5 in the last 8 games. Kraft fight the hunger bowl invites UW and Fresno St. when Sark secures his contract extension to keep him away from the NFL by beating Fresno St. 34-17. Sark finishes 8-5. worst case scenario.

That is exactly how I see the season going too. I expect the doogs to be super annoying at the end of September and ignore that was the easy part of the schedule just like they did in 2011 when we started off 5-1.

I still stand by my 8-5 should not be acceptable. Sadly though like others including myself have already stated 8-5 will get him a contract extension.

If Sark loses the bowl game he'll become the first Husky coach to ever lose 3 consecutive bowl games.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

I'm not worked up at all. I just think you're trying to be a fly in the ointment without the ability of a TierbsHsotBoobs to really pull it off.

Don James didn't get routinely destroyed by 30+ points, bear hug opposing coaches and then go on the radio and make a bunch of pre-rehearsed whiny remarks about how much he has accomplished and how much the odds were stacked against him.

There would have been some people criticizing him for sure, but to try to say that we would be acting the same toward him is nonsense.

You clearly have never been in a managerial or leadership position. How can you just drop that bomb on me? Are you really telling me I am not going to succeed as an anonymous web poster? My life dreams have been crushed. You should really work on your people skills.

Oh, by any chance are you a politician?? You really danced around the main argument.

So an 8-5 regular season should never be accepted at the UW?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,542 Founders Club

8 wins with no plunger rape losses would be progress, but I would still hope for Sark to be gone. I don't think he will be gone unless we miss a bowl. 7 or 8 wins would be bad because we would have to put up with at least one more year of Sark ball.

Then in 2014 the schedule is extremely easy IIRC. He can go 9-5 Or probably even 8-6 ( there are 13 regular season games) And probably get an extension.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

8 wins with no plunger rape losses would be progress, but I would still hope for Sark to be gone. I don't think he will be gone unless we miss a bowl. 7 or 8 wins would be bad because we would have to put up with at least one more year of Sark ball.

Then in 2014 the schedule is extremely easy IIRC. He can go 9-5 Or probably even 8-6 ( there are 13 regular season games) And probably get an extension.

The OOC schedule is a joke in 2014. Eastern Washington, Illinois and Georgia Southern at home plus at Hawaii should be 4-0 rather easily.

Hopefully we have a new head coach in 2014 but I know boy wonder will still be here "learning on the job".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2013

That is exactly how I see the season going too. I expect the doogs to be super annoying at the end of September and ignore that was the easy part of the schedule just like they did in 2011 when we started off 5-1.

I still stand by my 8-5 should not be acceptable. Sadly though like others including myself have already stated 8-5 will get him a contract extension.

If Sark loses the bowl game he'll become the first Husky coach to ever lose 3 consecutive bowl games.

Can't we just appreciate 5-1!!!
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    DJ had a career record of .698. Means he almost averaged seven wins every ten games. Or almost eight wins every 11 games, which was the usual season then.
    Average means sometimes less, and sometimes more. He had a lot of ten win seasons and a lot with 7. Those are math facts. Look it up.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Global said:

DJ had a career record of .698. Means he almost averaged seven wins every ten games. Or almost eight wins every 11 games, which was the usual season then.
    Average means sometimes less, and sometimes more. He had a lot of ten win seasons and a lot with 7. Those are math facts. Look it up.

Mathwhizz!!! True???
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    The worst thing about 8-5 to me is that it sets up 9-4 next year with an easy, 13 game schedule as being "progress".
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Definitely 8-5. Technically its improvement but not the jump you really need to see after three straight 7-6s. After going 5-7 and then only winning 8 games over the next three years with improved talent is the sign of a poor coach.

Now if they are 8-5 but beat Arizona, Boise, Cal by 17, Illinois by 30, Colorado by 30 and lose to Oregon by 14 Stanford by 7 and ASU, UCLA and OSU by 3-7 then the advanced metrics would probably show a jump from the 45-55th of the past 3 years to 20-25.

Just stop please. That type of talk is why Doogs were willing to give a Ty a chance. He wasn't really 4-9 since every loss was close and that has to count.

Sorry only thing that matters is scoreboard baby! Did you fucking win the game or did you fucking lose the game?

Under no circumstance should 8-5 be acceptable.
    You do realize that 50% of DJ's season ended with 8 wins or less

Sure glad this board was not around then.
    You do realize that DJ never got to play 12 game schedules and face Div II teams

HTH
    3 = the number of times DJ faced an WSU, Oregon or Oregon St team that was ranked during his career.

And almost every year had the cupcake (San Jose St, Idaho, etc)

These people would have crucified him for going 6-5, 5-6, 8-4 (on field) and 7-4.
    He won a Rose Bowl then popped off in year three. Plus wasn't getting plunger raped 3+ times a year or blowing 18 point leads to shitty rivals.
    True. But find me a better scout team quarterback
  • BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145

I'm not worked up at all. I just think you're trying to be a fly in the ointment without the ability of a TierbsHsotBoobs to really pull it off.

Don James didn't get routinely destroyed by 30+ points, bear hug opposing coaches and then go on the radio and make a bunch of pre-rehearsed whiny remarks about how much he has accomplished and how much the odds were stacked against him.

There would have been some people criticizing him for sure, but to try to say that we would be acting the same toward him is nonsense.

You clearly have never been in a managerial or leadership position. How can you just drop that bomb on me? Are you really telling me I am not going to succeed as an anonymous web poster? My life dreams have been crushed. You should really work on your people skills.

Oh, by any chance are you a politician?? You really danced around the main argument.

You're really dancing around the argument that James didn't get plunger raped with the frequency that Sark does. By any chance are you a politician?

To address the "main argument," the reason that 8-5 shouldn't be acceptable is because we've been barraged the last few years about how 2013 would be special, how 2013 is going to be indicative of what Sark has been building. If 8-5 is considered special by the coaching staff and athletic department/administration, then yes I would consider that to be unacceptable. That's not a special season.

If Sark had gone 8-5 at any point in the previous 4 years, many people probably wouldn't be saying that it's an unacceptable record. For this year, though, it is.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

The OOC schedule is a joke in 2014. Eastern Washington, Illinois and Georgia Southern at home plus at Hawaii should be 4-0 rather easily.

Hopefully we have a new head coach in 2014 but I know boy wonder will still be here "learning on the job".
    The pac-12 schedule next year will also be a lot easier. You get Stanford, ASU, UCLA and OSU at home. Stanford and ASU lose quite a bit this year. Road games are Cal, Colorado, WSU, UA, UO. 6-3/10-3 should be the minimum expectation.
  • BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145

The pac-12 schedule next year will also be a lot easier. You get Stanford, ASU, UCLA and OSU at home. Stanford and ASU lose quite a bit this year. Road games are Cal, Colorado, WSU, UA, UO. 6-3/10-3 should be the minimum expectation.
    It looks easier now, but come this time next year I'm sure there will be people talking about how much harder it is, 10 wins isn't realistic, these things take time, and how we need to take a walk and get some perspective.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Houhusky said:

BSU - W
    @ Illinois - W (even though its away they are fucking terrible)
    Idaho St. - W
    @ Arizona - W

After a 4-0 start doogs will ask where is race bannon now and only come here to beat their chests

Stanford - L
    Oregon - L
    You cant expect to compete with those two teams after 0-12

@ASU - L (the 3 game losing streak per season must be maintained)
    Cal - W
    Colorado - W
    @UCLA - L (we havent won their since 1995? or 1999?)
    @OSU - L
    WSU - W (its fucking WSU)

after starting off the season strong UW falters in pac12 play against TUFF opponents and then limps their way to a bowl game finishing just 3-5 in the last 8 games. Kraft fight the hunger bowl invites UW and Fresno St. when Sark secures his contract extension to keep him away from the NFL by beating Fresno St. 34-17. Sark finishes 8-5. worst case scenario.

The fact that Sark would get this extension after an 8-5 season that was completely meaningless is EXACTLY why 8-5 is the worst case scenario.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

8-5 is a perfectly acceptable down year. When it is your best year in your five years on the job, it's time to LEAVE!

Then again, he should have been fired on the 50 yard line of Martin Vandal Stadium at the end of the 2012 Apple Cup.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

You're really dancing around the argument that James didn't get plunger raped with the frequency that Sark does. By any chance are you a politician?

To address the "main argument," the reason that 8-5 shouldn't be acceptable is because we've been barraged the last few years about how 2013 would be special, how 2013 is going to be indicative of what Sark has been building. If 8-5 is considered special by the coaching staff and athletic department/administration, then yes I would consider that to be unacceptable. That's not a special season.

If Sark had gone 8-5 at any point in the previous 4 years, many people probably wouldn't be saying that it's an unacceptable record. For this year, though, it is.
    Now that is how you make an argument. I thought his statement was saying that it is never acceptable to go 8-5 at the UW.

But if we are only talking about this year, then I agree. The minimum standard this year should be 9 regular season wins + a bowl VICTORY.
  • I voted 8-5. At 8-5 there is some "progress" so that will buy Sark even more time to continue his mediocrity.

Going 0-12 would suck but that's just for one year. The advantage would be Woodward and Sark would be D.A.O.

While I do believe 7-6 neither would be fired, I do feel both would be on the hot season heading into 2014.

That's why 8-5 would be the worst for me.

Yep our worst case scenario is living out.
  • Definitely 8-5. Technically its improvement but not the jump you really need to see after three straight 7-6s. After going 5-7 and then only winning 8 games over the next three years with improved talent is the sign of a poor coach.

Now if they are 8-5 but beat Arizona, Boise, Cal by 17, Illinois by 30, Colorado by 30 and lose to Oregon by 14 Stanford by 7 and ASU, UCLA and OSU by 3-7 then the advanced metrics would probably show a jump from the 45-55th of the past 3 years to 20-25.

Just stop please. That type of talk is why Doogs were willing to give a Ty a chance. He wasn't really 4-9 since every loss was close and that has to count.

Sorry only thing that matters is scoreboard baby! Did you fucking win the game or did you fucking lose the game?

Under no circumstance should 8-5 be acceptable.
    You do realize that 50% of DJ's season ended with 8 wins or less

Sure glad this board was not around then.
    You do realize that DJ never got to play 12 game schedules and face Div II teams

HTH
    3 = the number of times DJ faced an WSU, Oregon or Oregon St team that was ranked during his career.

And almost every year had the cupcake (San Jose St, Idaho, etc)

These people would have crucified him for going 6-5, 5-6, 8-4 (on field) and 7-4.
    I always assumed the ranked Oregon State comment was by IMALOSER not Irish.

This was back when Irish was reaching IMALOSER territory in threads.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    edited November 2013
    Illinois is a very poor Big-10 team. Any team in the FBS that can field a punt return team could beat Idaho St, as can many D2 teams. PLU could beat Idaho St.

The Huskie W/L record is really only 6-4, and the six wins included only ONE or TWO teams that were really much of a challenge. Cal and Colorado programs are in such dismal shape that it really is a write off. Oregon St, for whatever reason, simply didn't want to play football. Arizona was discombobulated.

Once the bullshit is set aside, the effective W/L record this season was 2-4 COUNTING THE GAMES THAT WERE SOME KIND OF CHALLENGE BEYOND MEDIOCRITY.