Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardest/Worst Job You Ever Had?

2»

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    OT but I was at some party in Ballard in about 2005. I think it was just more just 5 or 6 of us at 3 am or something. I was never a pothead but I did smoke at the time. I took a hit off some really weird fucking contraption the druggies up there invented. I was on a really bad trip for about 18 hours. They may have laced it with something.I think it took about 30 until it totally wore off. I swore off weed about 9 months later and tried to grow up. Sort of.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    alumni94 said:

It was a one day job. Moving doors into a new condo complex in Seattle. It was one floor, 4th, if I remember correctly. You would be shocked on how many doors are on one floor. Took us all day, plus the fire doors were a bitch, and this was when I was in shape and young full of piss and vinegar. Sucked. Finally, to add insult to injury, there was no water on the site. The water was still "test water" and milky, not drinkable. Double sucked.

I think I spent half the money I made that day on food after I was done.

During an internship me and three other interns had to move individual carpet squares to the second floor in a new 90'000 square foot building one day and it was a monster. I can imagine the doors were miserable.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Some epically awful stories in this thread
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Yeah, but I thank Allah for every shitty job I ever had. Builds character and all that.

Do kids these days have shitty starter jobs? I thought I read somewhere that’s on the decline.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

New bored motto?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Burger King closing shift, The rust colored corduroy pants were auce. Swamp ass nut huggers. Especially after hosing down the fry racks and disassembling the salad bar. Free meal every shift! I guess graduating from BKU was my first degree.

7-11 graveyard shift. All the pop you could drink. Unlimited nachos too.

Spent one summer measuring every street and road in Eugene OR. Also rated the road surface using a system developed at UW. CSB.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Farmhand for my Uncle at the family farm in Kansas for a couple of summers. Let’s see... fixing fence, putting up electric fences, replacing fence posts in limestone, shoveling cow shit out of the barn, driving old pick ups, grain trucks and tractors with no air conditioning and few radio stations, cutting grass, plowing fields, herding cattle various places, bible study every morning, digging out weeds cows won’t eat like musk thistle... and zero girls to look at.

I also did the car counting thing for the dept of transportation of WA through TRAC while at UW. Sitting around counting how many people where in vehicles to measure average occupancy and use of HOV lanes was pretty boring. Having to sit outside in the rain and cold at certain sites sucked. I was doing that when 9/11 went down.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Farmhand for my Uncle at the family farm in Kansas for a couple of summers. Let’s see... fixing fence, putting up electric fences, replacing fence posts in limestone, shoveling cow shit out of the barn, driving old pick ups, grain trucks and tractors with no air conditioning and few radio stations, cutting grass, plowing fields, herding cattle various places, bible study every morning, digging out weeds cows won’t eat like musk thistle... and zero girls to look at.

I also did the car counting thing for the dept of transportation of WA through TRAC while at UW. Sitting around counting how many people where in vehicles to measure average occupancy and use of HOV lanes was pretty boring. Having to sit outside in the rain and cold at certain sites sucked. I was doing that when 9/11 went down.

Alright, you win.