Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seattle Times won't use the name "Redskins" anymore

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

salemcoog said:

TheGlove said:

Oregonian hasn't called them Redskins for years.

At the end of the day its another point towards the Pussification Cup.
    I'm as anti-pussification as anyone but I still don't understand why Washington Redskins is cool but Washington Niggers is not.
    So you are saying NA should be OUTRAGED!!!
    No. I'm saying the NFL and Daniel Snyder should have the basic human decency to change the name.

It shouldn't take AN OUTRAGE to make it happen.
    Little Jimmy is right time to run Boobs. He NEVER contributes to a thread ever.

Can we get back to talking some X's and O's?
    If you behave better, he'll give you $50 and a couple of beers.
    All he wants is some friends and to talk X's and O's. Seems simple enough.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    Worth a read
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/18/12-trademarks-declared-less-offensive-than-redskins/
    You Can’t Make A Housewife Out Of A Whore: This trademark for T-shirts and hats appears to imply that women involved in prostitution can never transition into the domestic role of a housewife. Such an accusation would certainly “bring them into contempt or disrepute,” the stated reasoning for eliminating the Redskins trademark.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/18/12-trademarks-declared-less-offensive-than-redskins/#ixzz359qBSwXj
  • BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    edited June 2014

HuskyJW said:

I like to pretend I'm outraged about the Redskins changing their name.

If they can do this to the Redskins, they can do it to anyone they disagree with, to anything they deem politically incorrect. Hope that fucking helps.

It's not a matter of mere political correctness. It's a matter of the origin of the word "redskin" is actually far worse than that of "nigger" - but feel free to be an ignorant dick.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    Blackie said:

HuskyJW said:

If they can do this to the Redskins, they can do it to anyone they disagree with, to anything they deem politically incorrect. Hope that fucking helps.

It's not a matter of mere political correctness. It's a matter of the origin of the word "redskin" is actually far worse than that of "nigger" - but feel free to be an ignorant dick.
    I am impressed that I never noticed that we have a poster here named Blackie in 52 previous posts.

I suppose it is possible (likely) all those posts are on the NBA bored though.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    So then would it be okay for a team to call themselves the Small Dicked White Fuckers, if they polled all of you and the majority said they weren't offended?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Blackie said:

HuskyJW said:

Says the guy who calls himself "Blackie." What are you going to do when Harry Reid comes for you because he doesn't like your screen name? It's a gross overreach of government power dumbfuck, and it sets a onerous precedent. They can shut anyone down they don't agree with or who they think is politically incorrect. Like others have said, the Indians don't give a fuck. It's only the squealing liberal gimps in Washington that do. And the only reason they're doing this is to detract attention from their tyranny and incompetence in other areas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Do you fucks realize blackie has been on these boreds before most of you knew what pussy was.

Blackie said:

HuskyJW said:

Says the guy who calls himself "Blackie." What are you going to do when Harry Reid comes for you because he doesn't like your screen name? It's a gross overreach of government power dumbfuck, and it sets a onerous precedent. They can shut anyone down they don't agree with or who they think is politically incorrect. Like others have said, the Indians don't give a fuck. It's only the squealing liberal gimps in Washington that do. And the only reason they're doing this is to detract attention from their tyranny and incompetence in other areas.
    To be clear, Chief, I don't want the government involved in dictating what one can or cannot name their business. I would prefer however for people not to be complete fucking assholes, but rather show some common decency when naming their business and not using terms that clearly celebrate/honor horrifying acts against a group of people.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    The Redskins were named to honor legendary Cougar coach (and there ain't very many)Lone Star Dietz was hired to coach them... and was received by the coach as an honor.

But, like all, ahem, "history" taught today, facts are much less important than winning the current political topic at hand.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    If it's such a fucking crisis then why don't all the "Hogs" or whatever the fuck they call themselves give up their season tickets and stop supporting the team? No one has to give 2 cents to that franchise. But I'm going to assume they don't give a shit if DC is still the 3rd most valuable NFL team...
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    mobey said:

Look up the history of the team.

Last team to integrate and then only when forced.

Avowed racist owner who after naming them said it was funny.

Change the name.

Plus fucking with Snyder is funny.

I'm glad you're such a Washington Redskins historian.

According to a quick read of the Internet:

The Boston Braves moved to Washington where the name Redskins was adopted.

Some say it was after a coach, who was later found to be a fraud Indian.

Some say it was to combine the names Braves ... with Red Sox.

Others (read you) say it was a racist who then laughed about it.

So ... you're full of shit.

Yes they were the last to integrate. The Redskins were also the first team to have a black QB win the Super Bowl.

Do you get butt hurt over the Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, Chicago Blackhawks, Florida State Seminoles?

Are you a Native American? How do you know it offends this race?

Should Washington change well over 75% of their city names?

Do you like taking a Wenatchee Banana?
    edited June 2014
    Blackie said:

Blackie said:

HuskyJW said:

To be clear, Chief, I don't want the government involved in dictating what one can or cannot name their business. I would prefer however for people not to be complete fucking assholes, but rather show some common decency when naming their business and not using terms that clearly celebrate/honor horrifying acts against a group of people.

The Redskins are a business. You support the government coming in and forcing them to change their name. HTH. What happens when they start getting butthurt over the Chicago Bears (because a bear killed a vacationing politician in Alaska) or the Minnesota Vikings. But, but the Vikings were evil! They conquered other countries! We need to force them to change their name too!

The market supports the Redskins being called the Redskins. Otherwise they wouldn't sell tickets. Damone and his libertarian horde should appreciate this logic. If you feel so strongly about it I hope you haven't watched any Redskin games. I'm sure you changed the channel and refused to watch them whenever they played.

Since the Washington politicians forced this, the team should be renamed in their honor. Maybe something like the Washington Corruption, the Washington 84's, the Washington Gerrymanders or the Washington Gimps. I doubt the team in Moscow will think twice about squashing them underfoot.
    Blackie said:

Blackie said:

Blackie said:

HuskyJW said:

The Redskins are a business. You support the government coming in and forcing them to change their name. HTH. What happens when they start getting butthurt over the Chicago Bears (because a bear killed a vacationing politician in Alaska) or the Minnesota Vikings. But, but the Vikings were evil! They conquered other countries! We need to force them to change their name too!

The market supports the Redskins being called the Redskins. Otherwise they wouldn't sell tickets. Damone and his libertarian horde should appreciate this logic. If you feel so strongly about it I hope you haven't watched any Redskin games. I'm sure you changed the channel and refused to watch them whenever they played.

Since the Washington politicians forced this, the team should be renamed in their honor. Maybe something like the Washington Corruption, the Washington 84's, the Washington Gerrymanders or the Washington Gimps. I doubt the team in Moscow will think twice about squashing them underfoot.
    Holy shit dude you're so fucking wrong about me. It is entirely possible to think that something is wrong but not want the government/courts to intervene. I consider myself a libertarian. I believe it is abhorrent that they are called the Redskins. I believe they should/do have the right to call themselves whatever they want to, but every ownership group that has ever been involved is a complete fuckhole for not having changed the name. I believe the portion of the market that supports the name is full of ignorant assholes. I believe government intervention in this is 100% wrong. I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch.

I don't watch Redskin games, because I generally don't watch NFL games. My football fandom is limited to support of my alma mater.

Blackie said:

Blackie said:

Blackie said:

HuskyJW said:

Holy shit dude you're so fucking wrong about me. It is entirely possible to think that something is wrong but not want the government/courts to intervene. I consider myself a libertarian. I believe it is abhorrent that they are called the Redskins. I believe they should/do have the right to call themselves whatever they want to, but every ownership group that has ever been involved is a complete fuckhole for not having changed the name. I believe the portion of the market that supports the name is full of ignorant assholes. I believe government intervention in this is 100% wrong. I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch.

I don't watch Redskin games, because I generally don't watch NFL games. My football fandom is limited to support of my alma mater.
    Wait, what? Everything I said previously was along the same lines. I never contradicted myself. You were reading words that weren't actually there to begin with.