Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is great work from Biden

13»

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Malarkey

I was promised no malarkey
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,101
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    doogie said:

Malarkey

I was promised no malarkey
    Or ban on fracking.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,641
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Has it occurred to any of you that there may be people with legitimate health and financial concerns? People who actually are financially forced to work while dealing with health concerns that make them more vulnerable? No it’s a lot easier to dismiss the “faggy” liberal policies because “China” joe does them, never mind it may actually help the working and middle classes you all claim to be so worried about in this new fascist nation.

Has it occurred to you that this is far more likely to be abused then it is to used in the manner you described? Btw, who the fuck other than the independently wealthy or the retired isn't financially forced to work?
    Lol I’m tempted to waste my breath explaining the nuance of different economic classes to you, but I won’t. Just understand that some people can’t survive for a month without a paycheck and some can.
    Yeah, as a person who has worked since I was 13 years old in order to feed myself and keep a roof over my head I would never understand that. Most people are "financially forced to work"
    I agree 100%, people are forced to work which is why we should bring democracy to the workplace. Forcing them to work so someone else can reap the profits is exploitation.
    Forcing someone to work to pay for someone who won't work is worse
    I don’t see how you’re being forced to pay in any legal or moral sense. That money, legally, is not yours. And while I have no doubt you worked hard for it, it morally being yours suggests that everyone got paid exactly what they deserve and we know the market system doesn’t work that way.

Legally workers do not currently have the right to the profit they create which is why I’m advocating for change on a moral basis. A system where the workplace is democratized brings us closer to people getting what they actually deserve and it gives the worker representation.

You know about representation, right? We fought a war about it once, you were there.
    Fuck you, commie.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,634
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

So, because I'm not scared in the least of Covid I get to work twice as hard bagging YOUR groceries and making sure YOU have fucking toilet paper because half of my coworkers say they aren't comfortable? Oh, and myself and the brave souls who didn't fag out get to pay for their laziness with the tax dollars they take out of the shitty paycheck that we make because we choose to work and not hide under the bed with our hands out? Sweet. Sounds great. GFYS

why would YOU have to work twice as HARD?

GFY.
    Less hands on deck. Are you serious? At my store I can think of maybe six individuals that would opt out where I would say, sure, got it, makes sense. I can also think of another ten kids under 30 who would take advantage of this for paid time off and maybe another 5-6 co workers that would opt out due to being overly afraid. If 15-20 people out 65 that work over 30 hours a week stay home then I’m working harder. If we hire 20 to replace them then I’m training new people while working harder. Losing 5-6 people over 65 is one thing, losing 1/3 of your staff is another. It’s not hard. GFY
    Fewer
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,596
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

So, because I'm not scared in the least of Covid I get to work twice as hard bagging YOUR groceries and making sure YOU have fucking toilet paper because half of my coworkers say they aren't comfortable? Oh, and myself and the brave souls who didn't fag out get to pay for their laziness with the tax dollars they take out of the shitty paycheck that we make because we choose to work and not hide under the bed with our hands out? Sweet. Sounds great. GFYS

why would YOU have to work twice as HARD?

GFY.
    Less hands on deck. Are you serious? At my store I can think of maybe six individuals that would opt out where I would say, sure, got it, makes sense. I can also think of another ten kids under 30 who would take advantage of this for paid time off and maybe another 5-6 co workers that would opt out due to being overly afraid. If 15-20 people out 65 that work over 30 hours a week stay home then I’m working harder. If we hire 20 to replace them then I’m training new people while working harder. Losing 5-6 people over 65 is one thing, losing 1/3 of your staff is another. It’s not hard. GFY
    Fewer
    TYFYS