Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tryon and Levi both first rounders in this mock

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Levi’s really fucking good ... I think a lot of you underrate him

If people didn't realize how good he was they should simply watch our run defense without him this season.
    If people didnt realize how good Sark was they should simply watch UW without him during Willingham.
    Sark came after Willingham not before. Your comp is backwards.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

If people didn't realize how good he was they should simply watch our run defense without him this season.
    It wasn’t very good the year before either. Cal and Oregon ran all over us. USC too even tho we won.

Levi’s good and consistently got a little better each season. He wasn’t all that impactful tho, more of a solid starter.
    Yes but the reason it was so bad in 2019 was the LB play. DL play was significantly better. Put 2020 DL play with 2019 LB play and you would have a complete sieve.
    True. It was still bad. Tuli was hurt. Bowman was a big loss and hurt against the run. I don’t agree that 2019 had better DL play. We had Gaines in 2018. Both years had at least one terrible tackler at safety that missed tackles on long runs.

I just never thought wow, what a great player Levi is. I did with Gaines and Vea. Even Qualls seemed like a better or roughly equal college. player.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

It wasn’t very good the year before either. Cal and Oregon ran all over us. USC too even tho we won.

Levi’s good and consistently got a little better each season. He wasn’t all that impactful tho, more of a solid starter.
    Yes but the reason it was so bad in 2019 was the LB play. DL play was significantly better. Put 2020 DL play with 2019 LB play and you would have a complete sieve.
    True. It was still bad. Tuli was hurt. Bowman was a big loss and hurt against the run. I don’t agree that 2019 had better DL play. We had Gaines in 2018. Both years had at least one terrible tackler at safety that missed tackles on long runs.

I just never thought wow, what a great player Levi is. I did with Gaines and Vea. Even Qualls seemed like a better or roughly equal college. player.
    I think Levi > Qualls but I agree he never wowed like Vea or even Gaines.

I do think he generally didn't have nearly as much around him on the DL as those guys did though and that the NFL probably sees that on tape.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

If they both get drafted in the first round I will cut off my dick and replace it with a scorpion tail.

So....upgrade?
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Jesus. Lotta people missing the point here.

The draft is about player’s value (determined by scarcity/abundance of good players at the position and overall impact of the position) and where they stack up to their peers at the same position, not necessarily how good they are in a vaccuum.

I could absolutely see both going in round one. Position groups ranked in order of value are:

QB

Big gap

Edge Rush
    Tackle
    Lockdown Corner
    Interior DL

Yeah sure Budda was better than Tryon. Duh. He’s also better than Drew fucking Lock and Daniel Jones. But he plays safety.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Run defense was shit with him in 2020. He's a very good run defender but Budda is a level above, roll any tape you want. He'll go pretty high but I don't see first round.
    It's kind of a dumb comparison to even make. There's a whole different calculus when looking at different positions and draft classes.

Levi is among the handful of best interior DL in the draft. He's versatile, strong,, quick and disruptive and will be a good interior pass rusher. Someone is going to love him.

He played out of position in 2019 a lot of the time. He's not a 320lb tree stump but was plugging the middle and taking on blockers for much of the season at 285-290.

Personally I see Levi as a first rounder and Tryon dropping to round 3-4 when he isn't as amazing at running drills and lifting weights as people seem to think he will be.
    Ha, my fault I got Levi confused with Elijah. I thought people were saying Molden would go in the first round.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Run defense was shit with him in 2020. He's a very good run defender but Budda is a level above, roll any tape you want. He'll go pretty high but I don't see first round.
    It's kind of a dumb comparison to even make. There's a whole different calculus when looking at different positions and draft classes.

Levi is among the handful of best interior DL in the draft. He's versatile, strong,, quick and disruptive and will be a good interior pass rusher. Someone is going to love him.

He played out of position in 2019 a lot of the time. He's not a 320lb tree stump but was plugging the middle and taking on blockers for much of the season at 285-290.

Personally I see Levi as a first rounder and Tryon dropping to round 3-4 when he isn't as amazing at running drills and lifting weights as people seem to think he will be.
    Ha, my fault I got Levi confused with Elijah. I thought people were saying Molden would go in the first round.
    I think he should. I dont know why he's being underrated here other than anti-recency bias. He's a dominating slot corner. Baker was and is a dominant safety. Again, different players with different strengths, but the slot has never been in better hands than it was with Molden.

Baker was fine but didn't wow at the underwear olympics. He's faster in game action than he is on a track. Molden might. He's being underrated athletically here too.