Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

John Donovan spotted in Renton

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

2 things

You knew when it happened that it was the end of the run. I'm not a huge HAWKS fan but I was in Seattle for their first 30 years or so and developed a dating interest so that sucked. A dynasty run would have been cool

Russ was by and large defended once again this week by all the national talking heads. Everyone else is to blame. So far the teflon is holding

Agree with Gladdy that the team didn't forgive him. See point 1

Agreed with part of this, disagreed on the other. So a NYBE it is.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Alexis said:

Jon Don would never call this play

Still hurts my heart... not even a Hawaiian vacation with 20 dudes in the ocean together could fix this one.
    Shitty part is if Russ throws it either on time or well, it still works. Somehow he has escaped blame for this.
    It wasn't a bad throw, but the NE player (forgot his name) made a sensational play.

Still, bottom line is he threw a pick.
    Malcom Butler got the pick and I remember reading afterwards that New England practiced against that play based on Seattle’s tendency to run it near the goal line.

With the time left on the clock, a timeout, lynch running the ball so effectively, and New England’s defense gassed, I thought it was game over and Seattle would win. I started to walk outside when the play happened.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

Three things can happen when you throw the ball and two of them are bad!

Awoman
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucked play from the start. Wilson had to wait for the receiver to clear the angle that the defensive end was obstructing or it would have been batted down.

Why don't they throw a flag for the pick by the tight end anyways? He blocks his man into the end zone to clear the slant and it's impossible not to see.

happened. To be talking about this, on here,, all these years later. I didn't care when it happened.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I didn't believe it back then but Race is right. It killed that core. Marshmallow Graham came in the next year and Sherman threw hissy fits, Chacellor held out. Earl became a selfish tool, and Bennett turned into a SJW.

There was enough talent to make a run the next two years but they went 10-6 and 10-5-1. If they just run Beast up the middle and win we're talking mini dynasty.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I didn't believe it back then but Race is right. It killed that core. Marshmallow Graham came in the next year and Sherman threw hissy fits, Chacellor held out. Earl became a selfish tool, and Bennett turned into a SJW.

There was enough talent to make a run the next two years but they went 10-6 and 10-5-1. If they just run Beast up the middle and win we're talking mini dynasty.

The Graham trade was a forgotten part. Traded a first round pick and an OL that had some good seasons left for that bum.