Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Most tragic (early) couch sale in ROCK music history?

13»

Comments

• LaocoönLaocoön Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 529
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Buddy Holly

Laocoön said:

dnc said:

After Kurt I’d nominate Andy Wood for the grunge division

Ben McMillan, lead singer of Gruntruck & Skin Yard, died way too young from complications related to diabetes. Super cool and really nice dude! Caught a lot of their shows back in the early 90’s.
    I feel like because they opened for multiple bigger bands and threw in smaller free shows here and there I might have seen Screaming Trees, Gruntruck, and Sweet Water more than anyone else live. I dunno, it's at least close.
    Good times.
    Totally agree! They are my #1 Seattle band to have seen live and it isn’t even close. Love Battery & Pure Joy are distant 2nds.

Good tims, indeed!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Buddy Holly

Laocoön said:

dnc said:

Ben McMillan, lead singer of Gruntruck & Skin Yard, died way too young from complications related to diabetes. Super cool and really nice dude! Caught a lot of their shows back in the early 90’s.
    I feel like because they opened for multiple bigger bands and threw in smaller free shows here and there I might have seen Screaming Trees, Gruntruck, and Sweet Water more than anyone else live. I dunno, it's at least close.
    Good times.
    Shit, there's a band I'd not thought of in decades. Saw them once, pretty good. Also Screaming Trees once, and that show was awful.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Buddy Holly

Laocoön said:

dnc said:

Good times.
    Shit, there's a band I'd not thought of in decades. Saw them once, pretty good. Also Screaming Trees once, and that show was awful.
    is "regional" the term for a band that is well known for a while locally, but not nationally? Well, whatever. I'm amazed how many Sweet Water songs I still know by heart.
    Honestly for as much airplay as the songs Head Down, Crawl, Everything Will Be All Right, and Superstar got, the band never got very big.
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,085
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    John Lennon
    Most of those guys did it to themselves. Lennon not signing an autograph was what did him in.