Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gaskin tearing it up on Saturday night

Comments

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

I've been told that having an entire NFL backfield of your program's players isn't a big deal.

It’s why Jimmy is just killing it with the croots
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,484
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020

biak1 said:

Roadie typically your takes are good, but Gaskin was a much better college player and a better pro than Ahmed.

Gaskin was way better in college for sure. Until tonight, Ahmed had been better running the ball.

Gaskin is so loved here that many overrate him or try to put down Ahmed to prop him up. Ahmed running for 120+ against New England last week was better than any game Gaskin had until this week. NE is a pretty good defense too.

Both are average at best right now. Gaskin is a below average starter in the NFL which is way better than most projected. I really doubt the Dolphins think they are set at RB.
    I don't follow the NFL but that last td by Gaskin at minimum shows him to be versatile enough to belong in this league for awhile.

Ahmed I'm not sure of but he flashes talent.

Again, don't follow the league but haven't they gotten most of the carries this year for a 10 win team? Not a completely shit division either.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Both are average to above average NFL backs. Both will probably be out of the league in the next 4 years. They recycle RBs like nobody’s business.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Hate the call by Gruden to not score the TD. Hindsight is 20/20 but with the way pass interference is a spot foul, getting in FG range with 23 seconds is doable.

Go up 5-7 and make Miami score a TD in under a minute.

I looked at my phone and saw the Raiders call a TO with 1:05 to play and 3rd & goal at the one. Until I read this thread, I just assumed the Raiders won.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

biak1 said:

Roadie typically your takes are good, but Gaskin was a much better college player and a better pro than Ahmed.

Gaskin was way better in college for sure. Until tonight, Ahmed had been better running the ball.

Gaskin is so loved here that many overrate him or try to put down Ahmed to prop him up. Ahmed running for 120+ against New England last week was better than any game Gaskin had until this week. NE is a pretty good defense too.

Both are average at best right now. Gaskin is a below average starter in the NFL which is way better than most projected. I really doubt the Dolphins think they are set at RB.
    Ahmed running for 120+ against New England last week was better than any game Gaskin had until this week. Not even close. The terrorist was still a one trick pony last week. I saw one play of that game and it involve Ahmed hand gifting a sack to the opposite team. This is PRECISELY why your Gaskin = Ahmed take is just plain shit. A game includes more than a subset of select plays within a game. I had no idea you were this fucking stupid.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    EwaDawg said:

biak1 said:

Ahmed running for 120+ against New England last week was better than any game Gaskin had until this week. Not even close. The terrorist was still a one trick pony last week. I saw one play of that game and it involve Ahmed hand gifting a sack to the opposite team. This is PRECISELY why your Gaskin = Ahmed take is just plain shit. A game includes more than a subset of select plays within a game. I had no idea you were this fucking stupid.

I’m stupid? When the fuck did I ever say Ahmed was better than Gaskin in college? Gaskin has four better season than Ahmed’s best. I didn’t hate Ahmed but I wasn’t a huge fan either.

I said his game vs NE was better than any in the pros, which it was. 120 yards vs the Patriots is better than 88 vs the Jets. He started over Gaskin because of that game and earning the nod. I bet Gaskin starts next week after this one. Kind of how it works when you don’t have a legitimate starting RB. One given up sack (the only play you saw) makes that not true?
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

EwaDawg said:

biak1 said:

I’m stupid? When the fuck did I ever say Ahmed was better than Gaskin in college? Gaskin has four better season than Ahmed’s best. I didn’t hate Ahmed but I wasn’t a huge fan either.

I said his game vs NE was better than any in the pros, which it was. 120 yards vs the Patriots is better than 88 vs the Jets. He started over Gaskin because of that game and earning the nod. I bet Gaskin starts next week after this one. Kind of how it works when you don’t have a legitimate starting RB. One given up sack (the only play you saw) makes that not true?
    Gaskin was on the covid list dawg.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gwad said:

RoadDawg's g/f is the one who shit themselves??

came to say the same thing. this is the last website and RD is the last poster i expected to see gaskin hate on a night like last night. what a fucking weird year
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Both are average to above average NFL backs. Both will probably be out of the league in the next 4 years. They recycle RBs like nobody’s business.

Ahmed is still what he was at Washington ... great when everything is blocked up and terrible when he has to deviate from the plan

You don’t need a degree in mathematics to know that ...
  • Options

Tequilla said:

animate said:

biak1 said:

Gaskin may be an "average" NFL back to you ... but what does his performance tonight say?

Don't be a dick and downplay it ... he was basically Miami's offense and balled out. Having that explosive potential is worth something ...

Gaskin is writing his own game cheques ... he's showing future GM's that he can do it on the biggest stage and make things happen even though he lacks NFL measurables.
    Takes a pass and breaks tackles and scores. Takes a pass, makes a player miss and then uses his blockers and runs up the sidelines for a 59 yard score and confidence for the team.

The flipside to what you are thinking is this:

Dolphins GM says "you know, we're 10-5 and we've had good production from the RB room from our 2 young players ... do we really need to spend a high round pick(s) for a Najee Harris ... or do we shore up our OL or our Defense? If we win with Defense, stabilize our O line and receiver room which gives Tua more consistency and confidence ... we can live successfully with Gaskin/Ahmed ..."
    He had a very good game. Ahmed was great last week. Both are outperforming expectations. Gaskin has also had a lot of duds and was pretty bad for most of the season and I commented on it then. I’m not into overrating them because they played at UW.

They will sign a RB like Chris Carson or draft one in the top 3 rounds. It’s a bad RB room. The Dolphins rebuilt well and are ahead of schedule. Obviously whether Tua is legit or not is the biggest pressing need for them, but they need better skill players everywhere, including RB.
    They will prioritize the WRs to start with ... probably need 1-2 there and I’d also think they will look at the OL as well

Gaskin probably isn’t a long-term 1A RB but he’s definitely a serviceable 1B ... Ahmed is really where they need to upgrade
    Getting a free agent or drafting a RB in 2nd-3rd round sets up Miami to have a high talent player. At the same tim, they also have Gaskin and if he beats out the higher talent player, then great.
    If they do that then awesome for them as Gaskin is probably best suited as a 1B ... point being is that Gaskin has shown enough this year for them that RB probably isn’t the highest priority for them
  • Options

Just looked at Gaskins stats for the year.

He’s averaging 19 touches/game (15 run/4 pass) for 99 yards/game.

He’s averaging 4.2 YPC.

3 out of 9 games have been duds.

Vs. the Rams, 18 carries, 47 yards, 2.6 YPC.

Vs. the 49ers, 16, 57, 3.6.

Vs. the Jags, 22, 66, 3.0.

The game against the Rams was definitely his worst overall. Against SF & the Jags, he added some catches to improve his overall performance. He’ll be a serviceable player and have a decent NFL career.

I never bash the kids so I won’t comment on Ahmed.

All those games were 1st half of season and Miami is a team that has dramatically improved during the year

Rams was Tua’s 1st start and he was overmatched a bit

Jags was a Thursday game
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    BaldwinIV said:

Gwad said:

RoadDawg's g/f is the one who shit themselves??

came to say the same thing. this is the last website and RD is the last poster i expected to see gaskin hate on a night like last night. what a fucking weird year
    Not that I need to defend Roaddawg's honor, but I wouldn't constitute saying Gaskin is a low level NFL starter as hate. I think he's putting enough film together to build himself a career beyond 7th round expectations, but he did have some duds early on in the year as well. A lot of that has to do with the Dolphins line.

He's lucky he landed on the Dolphins, any other team may not have given him such an extensive tryout. His competition coming in was a white running back from Cal.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    gaskin is the most beloved UW player since the DJ years at least. it was hate. moving on.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    BaldwinIV said:

gaskin is the most beloved UW player since the DJ years at least. it was hate. moving on.

Lots of people loved Lockner
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

EwaDawg said:

biak1 said:

Gaskin was on the covid list dawg.
    I’m aware dipshit. I follow Football.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Ahmed is still what he was at Washington ... great when everything is blocked up and terrible when he has to deviate from the plan

You don’t need a degree in mathematics to know that ...
    Yeah ok! The Dolphins have one of the worst offensive lines in the league so???