Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington appears to be down to just 2 scholarships quarterbacks

2»

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,371
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Just like there are only 32 NFL starting QBs, there are only ~65 Power 4 + 1 QBs and ~110 D1 QBs.

With the free year of eligibility there is going to be an oversupply of not quite good enough for the NFL but still think they should be starting in college QBs who will have 4 years of high school under their belt and will do anything they can to find a school who will let them be the starter to try to win the game.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

At least Washington has one semi-proven to not be Jeff Lockie QB and the number one QB recruit. That is at the very worst equal to Oregon’s situation. Lol, I quooking thought Cale Millen was going to be better than Dylan Morris. And Millen is better, just at kickoff coverage and not QB.

However, if Jimmy wants to keep doing the accelerated Helfrich route then here is the list of 2019 Big Sky passing leaders. Maybe Thomson can put in a good word.

How do you know Millen is better than Morris at kickoff coverage?

That's what I thought.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

At least Washington has one semi-proven to not be Jeff Lockie QB and the number one QB recruit. That is at the very worst equal to Oregon’s situation. Lol, I quooking thought Cale Millen was going to be better than Dylan Morris. And Millen is better, just at kickoff coverage and not QB.

However, if Jimmy wants to keep doing the accelerated Helfrich route then here is the list of 2019 Big Sky passing leaders. Maybe Thomson can put in a good word.

That's what I thought.
    Damnit, I’ve been checkmated. Maybe. Morris hasn’t made a special teams tackle in a conference championship, Millen has. It confused the announcers.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

That's what I thought.
    Damnit, I’ve been checkmated. Maybe. Morris hasn’t made a special teams tackle in a conference championship, Millen has. It confused the announcers.
    He just needs more time to get his reads down..

Morris's new position next year will be kickoff gunner and 4th quarter QB if I have anything to say about it.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2020

Normally a team is already fucked if they are down to their third string QB. It’s not ideal, but probably won’t matter.

Normally.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,433
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Normally a team is already fucked if they are down to their third string QB. It’s not ideal, but probably won’t matter.

Normally.

Lost to Clemson by 28 per a Clemson tweet using this photo
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Going into the portal doesn’t mean that you’re just gone ... it’s a warning that you may be gone

That said the game of musical chairs for any backup on any roster is actually just going to kill the position because you’re going to have kids just continue to move around without developing

That said I’d expect UW to equally hit the transfer market hard trying to find someone

Wouldn’t shock me if you see a similar situation to Sirmon where Garbers is convinced to spend 1 more year here bridging the gap

I've heard that there won't be a warning, you'll just be gone
    I expect that you’re right

But I don’t think this will be a Sirmon type situation going to Central Michigan

The scenario where I could see Garbers coming back would be IF he didn’t have the schools he wanted interested
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Going into the portal doesn’t mean that you’re just gone ... it’s a warning that you may be gone

That said the game of musical chairs for any backup on any roster is actually just going to kill the position because you’re going to have kids just continue to move around without developing

That said I’d expect UW to equally hit the transfer market hard trying to find someone

Wouldn’t shock me if you see a similar situation to Sirmon where Garbers is convinced to spend 1 more year here bridging the gap

But I don’t think this will be a Sirmon type situation going to Central Michigan

The scenario where I could see Garbers coming back would be IF he didn’t have the schools he wanted interested
    My first thought was that there must be dozens of good programs out there willing to take him and that it was a given he'd pick one. Not necessarily though eh? He's not going somewhere thst he doesn't see a fast route to being the starter. If that seems too out of reach at UW, with a so-so returner and an incoming freshman who didn't get a senior HS season as his competition, then that surely narrows the list of other qualifying schools by a lot.

I'm starting to enjoy this transfer portal thing. It's going to entertain similarly to free agency and trade seasons in pro sports, not to mention regular recruiting for colleges.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

It is going to prove very difficult to keep a stable of highly rated QBs with the transfer portal.profound and deep thought, I know.

This is fucking Washington. Our* headcoach gets his morning Starbucks from a drive thru on the Lake. In a Boat. On his way to the office. Today is your lucky fucking day. Jimmy Lake is calling to rescue you from the Portal and your shitty decision out of high school to cum run the scout team this Spring for a National Champion. We’re looking at your twitter now and have noticed you haven’t committed yet. In five minutes, we’re calling the next guy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

My first thought was that there must be dozens of good programs out there willing to take him and that it was a given he'd pick one. Not necessarily though eh? He's not going somewhere thst he doesn't see a fast route to being the starter. If that seems too out of reach at UW, with a so-so returner and an incoming freshman who didn't get a senior HS season as his competition, then that surely narrows the list of other qualifying schools by a lot.

I'm starting to enjoy this transfer portal thing. It's going to entertain similarly to free agency and trade seasons in pro sports, not to mention regular recruiting for colleges.
    It’s an interesting thought

If he goes to another large P5 program he almost assuredly sits on the bench and enters the pecking order albeit in a better situation come probably 2022

If he’s looking for immediate playing time he’s almost assuredly looking at the dregs on the P5 or going to the high end G5 programs

The portal is really interesting and on one hand I think it’s good for the kids ... but I also think it’s dogshit for those that aren’t prepared to put the work in to get on the field
  • Options
    dnc said:

TommySQC said:

Tequilla said:

Lars mentioned the MSU QB might be a target for UW. Not sure if there was a connection there or not.
    There are like 15 MSU’s, which are you referring to?
    Momma State U.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,019
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

Tequilla said:

Lars mentioned the MSU QB might be a target for UW. Not sure if there was a connection there or not.
    Momma State U.
    yo Momma State U.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

Tequilla said:

Rocky Lombardi, saw them play Michigan and wasn’t too bad. But Michigan sucks. Once the transition hormones are completed you just have to make sure you only play Lombardi in night games, any light brighter than 800 lumens might dissolve him. He’s to be fed two feeder mice every four hours, and do not let him get a taste for human flesh.