Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    It is going to prove very difficult to keep a stable of highly rated QBs with the transfer portal. Profound and deep thought, I know.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    edited December 2020

Cue the Post Apocalyptic Pandora market efficiency analysis summary report regarding transfer portal college football position players.

Also cue the unseen hand of institutional level spying that comes into play as you consider the paid employees that are hired to infiltrate high level programs as walkons or simply players that "commit" then leave the targeted program to join your team later with full knowledge reports of the targeted team's style and strategy playbook.

Then as a followup, consider the types of golden handcuffs packages that will be required to keep the high level IT packages secure, and the crafty well paid HR people that you will need to execute your program management and you can get a vision of the present and the future.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    dnc said:

I would imagine we’ll be fishing for some lowly rated guy in the portal. I really can’t believe we lost Garbers after four games. Donovan must be a total hit with the players.

Well we are going to need someone capable of playing, otherwise we are going to need Joe Jarzinka to step in and play QB at some point.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Going into the portal doesn’t mean that you’re just gone ... it’s a warning that you may be gone

That said the game of musical chairs for any backup on any roster is actually just going to kill the position because you’re going to have kids just continue to move around without developing

That said I’d expect UW to equally hit the transfer market hard trying to find someone

Wouldn’t shock me if you see a similar situation to Sirmon where Garbers is convinced to spend 1 more year here bridging the gap
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Glad jimmy managing this an situation as well as pac-12 handled covid
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Tequilla said:

Going into the portal doesn’t mean that you’re just gone ... it’s a warning that you may be gone

That said the game of musical chairs for any backup on any roster is actually just going to kill the position because you’re going to have kids just continue to move around without developing

That said I’d expect UW to equally hit the transfer market hard trying to find someone

Wouldn’t shock me if you see a similar situation to Sirmon where Garbers is convinced to spend 1 more year here bridging the gap

Lars mentioned the MSU QB might be a target for UW. Not sure if there was a connection there or not.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    dnc said:

TommySQC said:

Tequilla said:

Lars mentioned the MSU QB might be a target for UW. Not sure if there was a connection there or not.
    There are like 15 MSU’s, which are you referring to?
    Sigh. Michigan State.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    UW just going to have to step up their recruiting via the portal. There are two recruiting seasons now. One for HS and traditional JC transfers, and one to replace your defectors from the portal.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    Tequilla said:

I've heard that there won't be a warning, you'll just be gone
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    edited December 2020
    I know, I know. You’d like to have a third QB on scholarship. But...

...meh. UW still has one of the best QB rooms in the country.

Also, you’re allowed to bring players *in* thru the portal, as well as out.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    TTJ said:

Normally a team is already fucked if they are down to their third string QB. It’s not ideal, but probably won’t matter.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    TTJ said:

Has anyone told Jimmy?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

I don't really get why Garbers came here in the first place. He wasn't going to start as a true frosh over guys who who had 2+ years in the program. He wasn't going to beat out a Huard at UW when the time came (and not just any Huard)... he should have known this when Huard committed.

Not to mention, why on earth would did he not go to CAL? His brother is a senior and he simply would have been handed the keys after red-shirting his freshman year. They haven't recruited dick at the position.

Idk why QB's keep doing this to themselves. There a 4 QB's expected to go in the top-10 of the NFL draft... one of them is from BYU... another from North Dakota State...

You can go just about anywhere as a QB and if you ball out you're going to get a shot at the NFL. Just make sure you get the chance to play.

You ask the question and then answered it perfectly without realizing it. This is their why. He doesn’t see himself being able to play at uw.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    At least Washington has one semi-proven to not be Jeff Lockie QB and the number one QB recruit. That is at the very worst equal to Oregon’s situation. Lol, I quooking thought Cale Millen was going to be better than Dylan Morris. And Millen is better, just at kickoff coverage and not QB.

However, if Jimmy wants to keep doing the accelerated Helfrich route then here is the list of 2019 Big Sky passing leaders. Maybe Thomson can put in a good word.